Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Features and Editorials
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
fahimeng
AF Newbie

Wink Double Bar Single Wheel Rotary Internal Combustion Engine

I, Fahim Mahmood, like to submit my engine idea of "Double Bar Single Wheel Rotary Combustion Engine" for publishing in your site. I made simple description below. The drawings and demo video of working principle are attached as attachment. This idea is in Patent Pending status in USPTO. My detailed contacts are listed at the end of this report.

Background of the Invention
This invention is basically best suited for automobiles and power generation. It is an improvement for rotary spark ignition internal combustion engine. Now a day’s reciprocating engine dominates clearly all other rotary engine in automobiles because of its high torque and high engine rpm. Moreover its wear rate is also lower compared to rotary engine. However reciprocating engine basically converts reciprocating motion to rotary motion and lots of power is lost through this motion conversion. The most efficient SI engine has fuel efficiency not more than 30%. That means lots of heat is lost through exhaust and motion conversion. In rotary engine there is no motion conversion, so lots of power can be usable, i.e. higher usable power leads to higher fuel savings which provoked me for the idea generation of the proposed rotary engine. Though Wankel engine is the most responsive in rotary engine sector till now, but due to the low torque at low rpm and sealing problem compared to those of reciprocating engine, this type of engine tends to obsolete now-a-days.

Basic principle of this engine

My proposed rotary engine consists of two rectangular shaped bars and a wheel. Two dissimilar radius circles are considered in my design. The circle of larger radius is the main circle and the other one is the circle of the wheel or the wheel itself. The center of the circle of the wheel is offset from that of main circle such that the smaller circle remains within the main circle and it just avoids touching the main circle. The length of each bar is equal to the radius of the main circle. These two bars are incorporated within the wheel such that each one end of the two bars is centered at center point of the main circle and the remaining two free bar-ends slide but are hinged at two specific points at the periphery of the wheel. The bars rotate with respect to the center point of the main circle and the wheel rotates with respect to the center of the wheel circle. One of the two mating ends of the bars is fixed with power shaft and this bar is termed as prime mover while the other end is only hinged with this power shaft(10).When this prime mover(3) rotates, the wheel rotates and eventually the wheel makes the follower bar(5) rotate by guider hinged wheel. As a result differential volume is created among the bars and the wheel with rotational progression of the prime mover, i.e. compressed volume and expanded volume are created repeatedly with rotation of wheel-bar assembly and a spark in compressed volume creates combustion which accelerates the rotation of prime mover at counter clock wise direction and hence power is generated at the power shaft.

My contact information
Fahim Mahmood from Bangladesh

Email: fahimeng87@yahoo.com
Cell number: 8801775568948
I shall submit details of my drawings if investors are interested about this engine. You may look for video of working principle of this engine in google search as

New Rotary engine by Fahim Mahmood in YouTube
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Half of casing.pdf (107.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: pdf 3R.pdf (145.4 KB, 2 views)
fahimeng is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Features and Editorials