Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daihatsu > Charade
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
YRV
AF Newbie

restore process of my Charade G10 from 1981

Hy

My name ist Rainer and I'm a Daihatsu Fan since 1993 where I buy my first Daihatsu (a Daihatsu Charade G102s) from 1991.

Sometimes if you are a fan of a brand you come up with the idea that you want to have a historic car of your brand as it does in my case.

I buyed the car at ebay, as I contact the last registered owner within the car papers the women who answered the phone was very amazed that I could buy the car. She, the mother of the owner, tell me that he gave the car to a big Ford Dealer to scrap while they buy a new car.

Between the ebay seller sold the car at ebay he gave the car to a movie producer who use it for a very short scene whitin an german TV series.

I buy it for 300,- euro.

After a complete restoring....

see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uZktZz4r50

I register it as historical car in Austria, so I got a certificate from Daihatsu that my car is builde in December 1980, first registering in Austria was in September 1981.

I hope you can enjoy the movie from youtube, if not you can get it also here:

If made about 2000 pictures while restoring my car and print out about 600 pics and put it to a picture album. I have removed EVERY screw of that car and rebuild it and repair it.....

Picture taken from an Daihatsu Magazin from 2007 where they made great pictures of my car, in the background you see the Castle of "Schoenbrunn" in Vienna where empress "Sissi" had his residence...

[b]This picture was made for an Men's Magazin in Austria (Seitenblicke Magazin "Nur für Männer") for Men's only.

Made in Oktober 2008, and makes me also very proud.

YRV is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Daihatsu > Charade