Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > XLR and XLR-V
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #1
Induction Concepts
AF Newbie

XLR Twin Turbo?

I'm just looking for some info/feedback. We're trying to determine what our next prototype vehicle will be.

First, a little background...

We design and fabricate high-end twin turbo systems. I wanted to see if there was any interest in a twin turbo system for the XLR or any of the V-series vehicles?

I am very picky, a stickler for detail, and want things done right. We only use the finest parts and materials available, no shortcuts, no compromises. My only goal is to build the finest turbo systems on the planet, period.

Not only do we build the hot side out of stainless steel, but we build the charged air side out of stainless also, hell even our bracketry is stainless. Everything is TIG welded. We were the first turbo company to insist on items like this, right from the start. We believe in only building very complete systems, not leaving components out to make the kits 'appear' cheaper, like pricing them without turbos, fuel system components, etc. For instance, on one of our kits that requires custom A/C hoses, we don't just include new custom A/C hoses, we include a new evaporator, new o-rings, new compressor oil, o-ring lube, etc. Over $200 worth of just A/C system recharge items, so the job will be done right.

We don't use cheap or inferior parts and materials to bring the cost down. We design the systems like they should be designed.

We are not a huge conglomerate, or 'tuner' bolt-on business, we are just a small, humble shop. We are hot rodders, true 'car guys'. We do this because its our passion. We don't charge people an extra $20k just because they drive a Corvette, H2 or a Viper, to us, they are just another hot rod, and we live for all of them.

Here are some pics of our work.

1000+hp system

1000+hp system

Here is a recent writeup in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords (April '05), sorry for the poor scan quality. We have completely redesigned the system since this car, for more power.:

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

2000hp Intercooler

Stainless Steel Turbo Header:

Previous, non-turbo project: 1350hp, pump gas, daily driver, 534ci, 600hp fogger, all accessories (AC, ps, pb, cruise, etc.)

These are some pics of our TIG welding work:

I challenge you to find better craftsmanship anywhere.

We focus on the 600-2000+hp range. We build each system around a real street vehicle, all accessories, all emissions, perfect drivability. Twin turbo systems are our primary focus, but we tackle whatever the customer needs, and do it all with the same care and attention to detail.

Basically my philosophy is that I design and build this stuff as if it were for me personally, and I like nice things, done right. I treat people the way I want to be treated, and it works for us. I believe many of you here share this same mindset.

There's so much junk out there today, poor quality, poor service, just seems like people don't care about their work anymore, just the $$$$.

So, I'd like to know if there is any interest in a twin turbo kit for an XLR or any of the V-series vehicles. We're finished with the current prototype and preparing to go to production with it and are trying to select our next prototype.

If you'd like more info, feel free to send me an email (rad@inductionconcepts.com) or give me a call (number is on the website, contact us page). http://www.inductionconcepts.com/default.php
Induction Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
caddydaddy
AF Enthusiast

Re: XLR Twin Turbo?

I'm sure there is interest, but with the XLR-V starting out near $90,000, it will be hard to find someone who wants more than 440 HP!
caddydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:53 PM   #3
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

I disagree with the above post. This might make the XLR competetive with the SL65 AMG. About how much would it cost for a complete car? I would recommend a target of around $110,000. The fact that you are a small shop puts you at a huge disadvantage though. I wouldn't develop this kit because I would anticipate a total lack of demand from your customers. Have you guys started developing a kit for the new 6 series BMW? I think that people would have an easier time paying that kind of money for a BMW than a Caddy. Good Luck.
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:57 PM   #4
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

I looked at the Website and think that you might benefit from developing the product section a bit more. Incoporate some of the stuff you have posted in the forum in the product section.
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #5
sickpuppyz
AF Regular

mhm its a good website
sickpuppyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Wizeoleman
AF Newbie

I would be possibly interested in about 700hp for my 2004 XLR..
Wizeoleman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > XLR and XLR-V