Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Oldsmobile Classics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
jer_bond
AF Newbie

Need interior restoration advice - Cutlass Supreme

1977 Cutlass Supreme Brougham (350 4bbl; 170hp but 275ft lbs of torque; 4-door non-vinyl hardtop sedan; 58000miles; just over 93000km; built in Lansing, Michigan, U.S.A)

1975 Cutlass Supreme Supreme S (350 4bbl; 170hp but 275ft lbs of torque; 4-door non-vinyl hardtop sedan; 100000miles; just over 160000km; built in Ste. Therese, Quebec, Canada)

So far I have completely gutted the interior of the Brougham and patched the floor with aluminum sheeting. The car had really ugly green velour cushioning and paneling. I plan on replacing the seat covers with black vinyl covers(I stripped the seats of all fabric). The only website I've managed to find custom flush fit seat covers and new cushioning is 1A Auto but I don't think they ship to Canada. So I was thinking about replacing the 60-40 bench with a regular bench or if I have to, bucket seats. Does anyone know if any A-body seats from various years are compatible with my A-Body? The '77 seems to one of the hardest models to find replacement parts for the interior; I'm still looking for 4-door weatherstripping. I'm clueless as to what to do with the paneling I ripped out. I'm also lightening up the car taking off all the unnecessary interior metal and trim because of the gas prices.

As for the '75 Cutlass S; the interior is nice black leather/vinyl and the regular bench seat has minor cuts in it so it don't plan on redoing this interior much. I'm new to restoration and any input is much appreciated.
jer_bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Need interior restoration advice - Cutlass Supreme

Ah, those '70s interiors. I do remember those fondly , Actually I miss them as we really don't see any of them in our area as they've all gone to the "graveyard in the sky" due to all the road salt used in our area in the winter.
A good source for people restoring a vehicle is Hemmings Motor News. It is generally sold where magazines are for sale. It contains ads for parts and also parts suppliers for most vehicles, and can come in handy.
Another good source is www.car-part.com .On that site you can enter your vehicle's info and the part you need and get a result page listing all the salvage yards in their database that have that part. You can even narrow down the results to areas closer to you and it also lists yards that can ship to your location.
On the interchangeability issue, IIRC model years from 1973 to 1977 might work, as well as certain parts from other GM "G" body vehicles , ( Monte Carlo, Regal, Grand Prix, Malibu.) If you can get your hands on a Hollander Interchange manual that covers those years, you might be able to see what parts from which vehicles can be interchanged and used.The Hollander manual is used quite extensively used by some salvage yards to catalog and inventory parts. Maybe some yards in your area might still have a copy you can see or they can look it up for you.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Oldsmobile Classics