Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #1
slreno1217
AF Regular

1996 blazer very very hard start

ok i am pullingb my hair out here, blazedr is very very hard to start if it even starts. i have changed the fuel pump a couple of days ago. i am not getting any codes at all. when you turn it over it acts like it wants to start, fires and then dies. then have to crank it for awhile again then it will fire again and stop instantly again. sometimes i get lucky and it stays running.

any ideas at all here?

let me add a little more info to this. this has been going on for over a year now. just dreaded to pull that tank but anyway. last winter this thing would barlely start . but i did find a trick see if you can figure this one out. this blazer is from canada and has a block oil heater (stock) if i kept this truck plugged in it would start just fine! no problems at all but the moment i forgot to plug this thing in it wouldnt start.

Last edited by slreno1217; 10-09-2005 at 09:30 AM.
slreno1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
tom3
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1996 blazer very very hard start

Try hitting the starter in short bursts. Turn the key on, wait a few seconds, then hit starter. Repeat a couple times and see if it starts better. If the fuel pressure is up to par, I'd say you'll need a scan of the ECM to see what's out of spec, maybe a temp sensor is reading higher temp, good enough to not set a code but causing the problem.
tom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer