Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #1
Bails_3.0
AF Newbie

Kinda lengthy, need help...

I need some advice on what to do cause im about to lose my mind. Anyways, I have an 2003 Grand Am GT1 2 door with the 3.4l with 150k. I bought this car a couple months after I got rear ended in my 00 grand prix. The car sat for 2 years but the people kept up with the oil changes and normal maintenance but seems like every time I fix one thing something else goes wrong, so here I am. Last November I replaced practically the whole front end ( cv axles, struts, brake hoses, pads, calipers, tie rods, hub assemblies) didnt have to replace the control arms nor the ball joints since they were replaced a few months prior to me buying it and they were still pretty good when I had it on a lift. Then about a week and a half ago replaced the radiator, hoses, surge tank and the thermostat. The problems with it now is the abs light, service vehicle soon, trac off, service engine soon and most recently is the brake light coming on the dash. The service engine soon light is just a small evap leak and bank 1 sensor 1 HO2S (replacing that this Saturday) but everything else im just stumped. I have a list of the current codes and history codes
C1222
C1225 - Current code
C1226
C1232
C1233 - Current code
C1254
C1295
U1301
P0135 - Current code
P0446 - Current code
I know that I could've bought bad hubs but the lights only came on when it was wet out and now the past like month the lights have been on as soon as I start it up. I checked the hubs they're good, had a shop test the circuits and they were good so could it be the ECM going bad or maybe the EBCM? Honestly, I thought maybe my caliper(s) were sticking cause of previous events; yesterday and today when Id press the brake it shook really bad and it sounded like my brakes were grinding but it only happened a couple times each day; I really dont want to gid rid of it cause the car still has life in it but I also dont want to dump tons of money in it either ( besides the normal services ). Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Edit- When I go a certain speed on country roads, under 45mph, or hit a bump just right right on city roads, I hear rattling coming from the front passenger side, the only thing that I can think to describe that is clips rattling around. There's always been a rumbling noise from day 1, even after replacing parts: i.e. lifted trucks, all you hear is a loud whirling/rumbling but its just the tires; which usually points to a hub but there's no play in the wheels. so again, im stumped and dont know what else to look at. Thanks in advance
Bails_3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:38 AM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: Kinda lengthy, need help...

The ABS, Traction Control Off, and Brake warning lamps on together may point to the EBCM power relay (C0265) or missing wheel speed signals indicated by the several other codes you retrieved. A scanner would make this easier so that the individual inputs could be monitored, but a lot can be done with a meter and a schematic diagram to trace and verify signals. Since there are various EBCM codes, the connections and power at the control module could be an issue worth investigating.

It is not uncommon for the wheel speed sensor harnesses along the control arms and front cradle to have failures from flexing as well.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM