Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
calefan55
AF Newbie

Help! '95 LeSabre wont crank at all; no idiot lights light up on dash while turning key to start

Hi there! Can someone please point me in the right direction? My 1995 Lesabre was running fine, then one day it wouldn't start. There are no idiot lights lit on the dash when you turn the key to ignition.. I was told by AAA that it was the starter, so I changed that. I have also check the MAIN fuses in the engine compartment.. and the fuses above the drivers feet... When I turn the key, the only thing that comes on is the clock #'s and the word "vent" on the climate control panel... when I turn it to start, they both go out... Battery connections have all been cleaned, including negative to the block... I don't know what else to check for... Any suggestions or help??? Thanks!!!
calefan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help! '95 LeSabre wont crank at all; no idiot lights light up on dash while turning key to start

If you put 12v directly to the starter and it turns over. You have bypassed the ignition switch and neutral safety switch. Have you check battery voltage when cranking, not just static? Seen many batteries that measure 12v static, turn the key and drop below 9v. Please don't respond with "it's only a year old". Voltmeter is the only reliable check.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #3
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: Help! '95 LeSabre wont crank at all; no idiot lights light up on dash while turning key to start

I'm going to go with bad battery. It doesn't take much voltage to power the clock and climate control panel, but it takes mega amperage draw to start the car. A weak battery or even a battery with a dead cell will leave you stranded all the time.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > General Discussion