Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 800/820/825/827
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
fatkat89
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to fatkat89
827sli

is anyone out there who still owns one and if so tell me if you are satisfied or not and why ...... i love my car . it's fast, it has superb handling, and i love that s button especially if im om on the highway.
fatkat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
notmeatall2
AF Newbie

Re: 827sli

These are great cars. Reasons u have already mentioned. Also very bright full beam headlights.
The hatch is not so good at handling and was always a bit wallowy in the corners cause of the weight of the glass.

I assume it is the Honda PGM-FI 2.7 engine.

I used to own a Rover Sterling upto last year. In fact i have owned 4 in my life and my dad 2 (3 if u count the 1 he bought with a dead engine cause the body work was going on his original MK1 825i)
I got rid due to fuel costs . I was working a distance from home at the time and it was killing me to run to and from work. Believe me when i say if i could still afford such a big car i would get another in a shot.

A few words of advice.

From time to time take out the oil rails from under the rocker covers and give them a good clean. This should keep that annoying rover tick to a minimum.

Make sure u always run on fully synthetic oil. - many years ago my dad managed to seize his 2.5 cause he was never told about it.

Also if u do to a hilly place like wales use Sport mode on the mountain roads as it tends to be less thirsty and seems to run a lot better.

Funny story with my last but one rover.
I had my cam belt go on me one day while on holiday. I repaired the belt but realised the water pump was leaking so i decided not to put the covers back on til i got home. I turned the engine over with a flick of the key just to check if anything would catch. It started 1st turn of the key lol. No bent valves or anything.
notmeatall2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 800/820/825/827