Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
ssrutland
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Don't forget the transmission filter.

A little late on this, but I have a 2002 Ody built in Canada for US with a 5-speed AT. After looking at all threads above, especially the assembly pics from rodeo02, I went looking for the filter on my AT. Negative. Okay, let's look for the filler bolt. Negative. Whaaaat? Called our local Honda guys (not a dealer and very highly recommended), said there isn't an AT filter on the 2002. I looked again...they're right. We bought the Ody new and had the recall work done for the 2nd gear oil splasher back in 2004. Along with the splasher, Honda added a "filter screen" (it's not a filter) to the AT. The shop said it was a $60'ish part with about 1.5 hours of labor to install because of the difficult location. Okay, I thought, I'll have them do it this time, and keep the maintenance regular to avoid any problems. Will have to add oil through the dip-stick tube. The Ody has 120K on it, no AT problems so far and we have always babied it. I feel fortunate.

Follow up...found the AT filter, but it's extremely difficult to get at. Would need to remove the intake tube and a number of brackets and tubes, and there's a large plug assembly just above it to the right...in the way...what a pain. Also, found the filler bolt but it has a bracket over it (which is why I didn't see it the first time) with a tube going into the filler bolt. It'd be less time filling through the dip-stick than to remove the bracket and tube, and again, it's under a bunch of other tubes and hard to get at. No wonder the shop doesn't want to mess with it.

Last edited by ssrutland; 11-01-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Found the filter! Oye what a noob.
ssrutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #17
Dewitt501
AF Newbie

Re: Don't forget the transmission filter.

Hi. i have odyssey 1995. does AT of it have filter?
Dewitt501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:06 PM   #18
jimslaid
AF Newbie

My 2000 Ody does not have a filter there. Guest someone forgot it.
jimslaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #19
webbch
AF Regular

If you plan to go to the dealership to get the filter, come armed with the part number (and preferably, the diagram), as you'll have to argue with them that a filter actually exists. The fact that a filter exists seems to take them by surprise, which is rather scary.
webbch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
tschmidt
AF Newbie

Could this be a problem with Honda not educating their Honda techs?
tschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey