Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 01:23 PM   #1
Xterra4x4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Xterra4x4
Question '02 Speaker Replacement

Ok, I've been hearing some rumors about replacing the component speakers in the 2002 Xterra. I bought an Alpine component set, figuring there would be no problem istalling them with the stock deck. Is this not true? Also, what is the best way to remove the paneling. I tried, but got to a point where it was somewhat hard to remove. I didn't want to break anything, so I stopped. Any ideas?
Xterra4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #2
xterra02_pat
AF Newbie

Rear panels:
Fold the seats down. Lift the carpet and lay it back over the seats. As I recall you'll need to remove the trim plate at the bottom edge of the opening, held in place by a few plastic screw-looking fasteners that take a VERY light touch when "unscrewing" them or they just get poked back down, I usually just get them to back out enough to get a grip on them with something else and then just pull 'em out, they're shallow-threaded plastic screws, and go back in easiest by just poking 'em in place too.
There is a "pin" at the upper rear of the lower panel at the hatch opening, you need something very thin (jewler's screwdriver, razor blade, etc.) to carefully lift the "cap" of it away from the body and pull it out about 1/8" from there. Once the center/cap is pulled out the whole thing will come out and you can start popping the pins that hold the rest of the panel in place. There's the one screw you can see near where the seat backs are when they're up that has to come out, and there may be one more at the very front edge that I recall but if so you'll find it. The trim around the seatback latch loop will just yank out with some effort. Ittakes a little muscle to get the "tabs" of the 3 trim pieces in that area back in the right positions when you put it back together.

Front doors have a couple of bolts and screws, one in the finger pocket for pulling the door shut (and I think there's a bolt under there), one in the latch pull well (and the trim ring around it has to be popped out, careful, it breaks easily), and one more under the elbow pad (the pad just pulls off the panel, held in by clips), plus the button or screw up where the outside mirror resides, a bit hazy on that. Then you just pop all the pins around the edge and lift the panel up out of the window track and it's free except for the wiring connections to the windows/locks.

this is compliments of OFFroadX

you just have to pull the paneling... its alittle hard but it doesnt break. There r pressure htings that pop out.
xterra02_pat is offline   Reply With Quote