Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 11:51 PM   #1
DewMan
AF Newbie

Question '02 center console removal?

I've used the search, but found no info, If the info is out there in an exisiting thread I apologize in advance for not being able to find it. I've also Google'd for it with no luck. But I did find this great site. :-)

My 2002 Pathfinder needs some mods done to the center console which will require removing it from the vehicle. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to start the removal process and how to get it out from under the gear select shifter? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I've not found any exposed screws or clips. Darn fit and finish! ;-) Near as I can tell the only wires to look out for are the ones to the power port inside. Which I feel is in a terrible place, where plugging anything into it is not possible without leaving the lid up BTW.

I've loved everything about my Pathfinder since buying it new except what I noted above.

Thank you for your time.
DewMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:13 PM   #2
squam1
AF Newbie

Re: '02 center console removal?

start with the little plastic piec under the parking break - I have an LE which doesn't have the 4wd shift lever (have all mod 4wd with electric switch...), so I just pulled the piece up that surrounds the shifter and on the left of the shifter... once that is up (just pops off - held on by clips) I think you have access to a bunch of hold down screws...
squam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 11:06 PM   #3
DewMan
AF Newbie

Re: '02 center console removal?

Thanks Squam1, I'll give it a try. Thanks for your help.
DewMan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail