Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
jwritzko
AF Newbie

1992 Paseo Purchasing & Modding

Hi guys, this is only my 2nd post and my first question is about buying a paseo in general. It is priced at $1500 and is a 5-spd, I've heard mixed reviews about the paseo, but overall I heard the good outweighs the bad. I've heard that they are reliable, has great fuel economy, and can even be modded to be a pretty quick car. I have only ever driven an automatic and want to learn standard, would this 92 Pazeo be good for a first car? Anyone have any imput on the 1st gen. Paseo?

I am not very mechanically inclined and dont really have many resources, but I've heard some succuess stories of people teaching themselves modding, but under going a project. How difficult would it be to swap a 4E-FTE into this Paseo? I've heard it is a direct bolt in except for the ecu and wiring? Is there any way to solve this problem?

I don't care if I can build a car that runs mid 13's, makes over 200 hp, or even that looks the coolest, but I do want to be able to do a build myself and learn how to modd a car. Would a Paseo make a do-able first project?
I have yet to average in the cost of tools (i.e. engine hoist, jacks, and other basics).

I have a budget of about $3000-$4000

$1500 - 1992 Paseo
$1000 - Complete Engine w/Transmission
$200 - Basic Tune Up (New water pump, timing belt, clutch)
$300 - Aftermakret ECU (If needed)
$500 - Basic equipment needed

Are these figures accurate? If so thats $3500 for a starter car and a huge chunck of knowledge learned. Can this be done and help me learn alot or do you guys think I will ended up with a motor torn to shreads and an emprty bank? Any input is appreciated, and thanks in advnace. Sorry about the long post, but I wanna make sure I have what I need to know is covered instead of wondering these thoughts half way into the swap.

Thanks.
jwritzko is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Paseo