Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 12:54 PM   #106
smithm
AF Newbie

Re: why viper?

vipers rule they are more expensive versions of ricers with greater power potential, they are also very competent Track cars, however it takes alot more skill on the drivers part to be able to handle the power you can create out of these monsters
smithm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #107
-FROG-
AF Regular

I can't believe some of you guys compare Hondas to Vipers.... LOL! Sure you can make any car fast. I see friggin station wagons at the drag strip running 12's. A Viper is a production supercar and should be respected as one. Just because your little POS civic runs 12's doesn't mean it's a better car than the Viper. LOL! you kids....
-FROG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 AM   #108
xfeejayx
AF Regular

i think what gets me about the viper is that most people would rather take the vette, that's the point. a viper is made so that you almost don't want to buy it. it is hardcore, unforgiving, kick in the gut power (they were reluctant to put an AC in it, and it didn't come with glass windows at first). and the viper doesn't even need traction control to feel like a race car. yes the vette is more technologicaly advanced, yes it is faster (with the help of TC), yes it is more livable and comfortable, but all that is because they sell so many=more research funds='better car'=they sell more...the viper has is and will (hopefully) remain the car that vette owners love to hate. a true drivers car. anyone who owns a viper and truly drives it knows that there are better daily drivers out there, that there are better track cars and race cars and straight line cars out there, but they also know that they all have traction control and all the other bells and whistles, and that the people who own them and drive them every day wouldn't last 20 minutes in a viper on a track. a viper is one of those thigns that if you don't get it, we can't explain it to you.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #109
flatlander757
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to flatlander757

I just started working at a Dodge dealership with a Master Viper Technician as my mentor so thought I would poke my head in the Dodge forum...

I was(and guess still am) a Chevy guy at heart and thought that the new Z06 is way better to get since it's half as much and performs right on par with it.

Then today I worked on my first Viper with my mentor(turns out the owner bought a new gas cap and it wasn't sealing right setting the EVAP system codes... but anyways), and it is the most beautiful car I've ever seen. The lines and curves are bold yet smooth, it looks muscular, and has a hell of an exhaust note It was a 98 GTS in silver w/ a grey stripe btw. The car is simply amazing in just about every way.

There is a certain magic around the car that evokes unexplainable feelings from within.

This is definitely my dream car now

You guys saying that you can modify anything to be faster are just ignorant.

You can take a picture of an ugly girl and mess with it in photoshop to make it look good, but that doesn't change her -ness

The Viper is probably one of the nicer/rarer American sportscars with a long legacy than nothing else can touch. It is one of the only cars that still keep the driver in direct contact with the response of the car(none of this traction control/ABS bullshit). This is a car that you only real skilled people can handle. You don't have electronics to band-aid stupidity.

Not to mention you'd get mad ass in a dope ride like this!