Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
View Poll Results: Which car is better in performance?
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 31 91.18%
2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #61
tasattack
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to tasattack Send a message via Yahoo to tasattack
Re: Which do you like better?

when you think about it why even bother comparing a stang to a viper. thats like comparing a stang to a shelby cobra. its in a completely other league. comparing a comaro, firebird, stang to a newly redesigned charger or sometin of that nature, but a viper?.......come on......come on
tasattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #62
Cummins power
AF Newbie

Sounds like a pretty immature thread here. These cars arent even in the same leauge but im givin the viper my vote. However if you want to talk about 1/4 mile times i have a 7000 lbs 4x4 dodge diesel that will run the quarter in 12.2 with timeslips to prove it. I only have 30 in it but ill pull that stang to the track and then outrun it. Best of all 22 mpg 19 in town.
Cummins power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #63
TwEeKeDStang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to TwEeKeDStang

As much as I love the Mustang, I must say that if I had to pick between the two of them, 90 percent of the time I would have to pick up the Viper. What other car can you find for 79,995 dollars (2003 SRT-10) that can run with the 150-200,000 dollar cars? While the mustang obviously has its plus sides to it (ahem, price) and a beefy burnout, it just fails to compair to the beastly viper. This was basically a stupid question.
Oh, and to all you f*ck Ford fans out there... I must have been lucky with the 4 Fords I've owned because I have yet to have problem... but when my family picked up a Dodge Caravan, we had a host of problems (new from the dealer, 5 miles)... it depends on the DRIVER and the way the car is treated, not totally on the maker.

IRELAND FER EFFIN' EVER
TwEeKeDStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #64
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
Re: Re: Which do you like better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwEeKeDStang
This was basically a stupid question.

If you guys would all read my first post it stated a reason, and as old as this thread is, why do you keep posting in it? These Viper forums don't get much attention but stop posting in this thread.

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"

There is NO replacement, for displacement...

2007 Kawasaki ZX10-R S.E.
v10_viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 01:25 AM   #65
xfeejayx
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper 10
Did you folks know that they halted production on the Cobra Mustangs? From what I hear the they were losing bottom ends on the engines... this also impacts the development for the GT (previously known as the GT-40).

This is far from an apples to apples comparison. The biggest differences that you will find, aren't in the magazines. It's when you get behind the wheel of these two cars that you realize that there are mountains of differences.

Case in point, I hang out with a bunch of Z06 owners out here. We go to the dyno together to have fun and talk cars. These folks have some very nice Vettes that have been modified quite a bit. When Vettes get into their 4th gear, they top out at 140 to 145 mph. When my bone stock GTS gets on the dyno, my 4th gear pull tops out at 162 to 167 mph. It blows those Vette guys out of the water because they don't realize how fast the Viper is capable of going.

Reality is that it is all about torque. Nothing from the factory touches a Viper. The difficulty in driving a Viper is understanding how huge torque narrows your margin for error on any kind of track. In other words, it's very easy to make a mistake and screw the pooch.

JMO.

Brad
viper10 is my hero. i don't own a viper, but i am at a level of enthusiast where i have read (and dreamt) so much i already kinda know what it would be like to get in a viper. in a word, unforgiving. i am glad to see that there is at least one viper owner who knows what he really has in his garage. as for the mustang comparo, this isn't even fair is it? this seems like a bunch of viper fans just wailing on the poor ford.
xfeejayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #66
ferrarifan
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfeejayx
this seems like a bunch of viper fans just wailing on the poor ford.
And... Is something wrong with that?
I own a ford and I dont own a viper but I have ridden in both a fully modified viper, a stock viper, a stock ford, and a modified ford.

I see nothing wrong with mocking the ford. I have it and I hate it. My jeep works much better. I own a jeep, 2 fords a subaru and a GMC.

I like GMC and Jeep best.
It says alot, I dont even like SUV's.
The Fords are a mustnag and bronco and the Subaru is a legacy.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM   #67
xfeejayx
AF Regular

well, i'm definately for the viper. what i meant was that it seems like a waste of a comparison cuz i think the viper is THAT much better.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:28 PM   #68
ferrarifan
AF Newbie

My point is theat is IS so much BETTER there is reason to pick on the ford because they should make a better product.
You know they should actually TRY to compete. Or just go back to the muscle car days and put a DECENT sized engine in it.

Steel like they used in muscle cars could make for a higher crash-test rating too, but that goes out to ALL auto manufacturers. (except military Hummers, they're good like that.)
Old 12-16-2005, 09:25 PM   #69
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

The new Mustang's only rival is the Pontiac GTO.

A new GT500 with have at least 450 hp, huge Brembo brakes, and a lot of other stuff.

Design of the show car

Martin Micallef Jr., Marc Painter, and Brian Forrest sculpt clay model used to validate production hood scoop and front splitter design.

1. Front hood line raised one inch and allows larger grille opening

2. Hood scoops vent underhood air buildup

3. Snake badge resembles 1960s version, but has been redesigned, cast of brushed aluminum

4. Side scoops deemed unnecessary, as they would've been nonfunctional

5. Glass quarter windows - no changes, as this look was pioneered on the 1966 Shelby

6. Rear spoiler reduces lift and adds attitude

7. Front splitter keeps nose pinned at speed

8. Fourteen-inch cross-drilled Brembo rotors up front and thirteen-inch discs in the rear with 19-inch wheels wrapped in high-performance tires

9. GT 500 stripes almost identical to 1965-1968 look

10. Rocker panel rendered in satin black and it makes the car look longer and thinner in profile

11. Rear fascia is lower than stock GT's and incorporates functional undertray diffuser that extends back to rear of tire well

Check the link for the new Mustang

http://www.motorsportscenter.com/article_462.shtml

The base Mustang will get an all-new 3.5 liter V-6 in a few years.

The Shelby GR-1 might be built.

check the link

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=412677
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #70
ferrarifan
AF Newbie

WOW, an aluminum-bodied, small engined, lightweight, pretty-ugly, Ford! Just what I was mocking.
Thanks I needed that. Another Ford to fall apart is just what I needed.

Thanks, but no thanks, I already have a broken-down Mustang, don't need another.
(I also guarentee whatever isn't aluminum is either plastic or carbon-fiber. )
Old 12-16-2005, 09:53 PM   #71
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Are you talking about the Shelby GR-1? It is only a concept.

The new GT500 will have a 5.4 liter DOHC supercharged V-8 with at least 450 hp. It isn't even in production.

check the link for the broken-down new Mustang

http://www.motorsportscenter.com/article_462.shtml

The new Mustang won fives race and the championship in Grand-Am Cup this year.

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5227

http://www.grandamerican.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5269

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:57 AM   #72
xfeejayx
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarifan
WOW, an aluminum-bodied, small engined, lightweight, pretty-ugly, Ford! Just what I was mocking.
Thanks I needed that. Another Ford to fall apart is just what I needed.

Thanks, but no thanks, I already have a broken-down Mustang, don't need another.
(I also guarentee whatever isn't aluminum is either plastic or carbon-fiber. )
450 hp is great, but its not the 500 that the viper and even vette have to offer. and its not natural. i was kinda pissed that the GT had a blower, cuz it kinda makes it hard to compare with a viper. now the stang gt500 is gonna be the car between the camaro league (i hope they come back) and the viper/vette league.

what i don't agree with ferrarifan on is the part of it being aluminum bodied...blah blah...all that stuff. I think THIS mustang is the best thing ford has done in a long long time. though i prefer steel, aluminum bodies are probably a better choice, and make the car lighter (is just the gt aluminum or all of them?). at least one of the engines has to be small, it's up against what was the group with firebirds and camaros and such, even they had at least one small engine. It does offer a 5.4, that's plenty big for its class. and i think they look pretty damn good. i didn't at first, but they grew on me.
Bottom line, compared to the viper, the mustang (even the gt500) pretty much sucks. BUT, this car should have never been compared to the viper to begin with. compare it to the charger or something, at least its a closer comparison than this. compared to a charger this car owns.
that's enough of me talking about a mustang in a viper forum, this thread is dead

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster