Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #211
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: .

Quote:
Originally posted by DeViL
I know in the videos I've seen on the internet, the Viper almost sounds like a 4 cylinder. Whats up with that. What does the new one sound like? Does it have more of a tougher sound like a V8?
Yes that was one of the things people were complaining about so they changed the sound to a deeper one.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 01-14-2003, 09:42 AM   #212
crayzayjay
CFA

kinda makes you wonder why they didnt just make it like that from the start.

Aston Martin managed that fabulous sound on the Vantage using a trick exhaust & electronics, and god knows what else.... works a treat!
Old 01-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #213
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Now I'm really interested in hearing what this new one sounds like. I hope some street or drag racing videos pop up somewhere with new Vipers.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:15 PM   #214
vortech
AF Enthusiast

polygon

hey shithead---the pic he had up was of a 2001 cobra---and they are different in the fron, rear, side, and hood. Shaddup ya dope-----if you actually owned an 01---you'd know where the differences lie. Lastly, I'm a big fan of the Viper I posted--not the current one. You know what----just shut your fricken mouth----you don't read the posts closely----and I was talkin to Devil on that not you. When I want to hear shit from you---I'll squeeze your head---so don't start flaming---or I'll resort to being impolite agin.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #215
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
look vortech, i'm sorry i posted pics of that mustang but too me there are that big of differences that someone is gonna notice. dont bitch at polygon either. and your startin to get impolite again, please try to be polite about this.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:07 PM   #216
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

I would just like to take this time to say anyone who thinks that any Mustang is nicer or better than the new Viper is a complete moron. Viper is so much better in every way, those two cars are uncomparable.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:12 PM   #217
v10_viper
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to v10_viper
vortech, what are your thoughts on the so called 2004 Mustangs??
Old 01-14-2003, 06:14 PM   #218
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
If you want to atack someone please do atack their posts and not the person. Also namecalling is not tolerated in this forum except in stress release under cofee brake.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 01-14-2003, 06:19 PM   #219
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

What is different on the side of the 01 and the 03. I know the snake emblem has red eyes in the 03. From those two pictures the only other thing I can make out is the right below the door panels, the 03 looks more smoother. Is that the difference?

Another thing about the 03, the taillights. Did Ford get rid of the yellow part next to the backup lights? I can't tell in that red Cobra and I saw on a video of a blue Cobra racing a Supra, it had the standard all red taillights as well. They didn't get rid of the "Cobra taillights" did they? I always thought those made it a little more neat and unique.
Old 01-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #220
vortech
AF Enthusiast

the cobra tail lights are still the same. On the side of the car---the rocker panel molding is different. The 01 had a skirt on the rocker panel---01 eliminated that. I'm not a big fan of the new design. They are going the wrong way with the stang. But I still think they are going to sell a ton of stangs. I just can't picture in my mind a mean looking stang with the new design. Ford sold out with this nostalgia trip. Whats the name of the Dodge truck that is going to be using the Viper engine?

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-14-2003, 07:50 PM   #221
vortech
AF Enthusiast

supercarman

if Ford only produced a Mustang Cobra----and there was no such thing as a mustang GT or V6---and Ford slapped a $70K price tag on it----then I guarantee the Cobra would have the same prestige and 'exotic' tag as the Viper. Thats really the state of affairs with the way the Cobra is looked at. As far as in the mustang community, the current Cobra is hailed like the Viper. Like I said---thats within the MUSTANG community. If there was a Viper V6 and Gt version-----the Viper would have the same recognition problem as the Cobra. If you don't believe this---then you don't understand what perception is all about.

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
Old 01-14-2003, 08:18 PM   #222
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

Vortec, you know your shit when it comes to Mustangs, and I agree with 99% of what you said. However, even if the Mustang Cobra was the only model, and the proce rose to $70,000, the Mustang still would not compete with the Viper. Like Car and Driver put it, the high-end Mustangs have "the most go for the dough". If the raised the price on any Mustangs, it wouldn't change the fact that the Dodge Viper is the better vehicle.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:26 PM   #223
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by vortech
hey shithead---the pic he had up was of a 2001 cobra---and they are different in the fron, rear, side, and hood. Shaddup ya dope-----if you actually owned an 01---you'd know where the differences lie. Lastly, I'm a big fan of the Viper I posted--not the current one. You know what----just shut your fricken mouth----you don't read the posts closely----and I was talkin to Devil on that not you. When I want to hear shit from you---I'll squeeze your head---so don't start flaming---or I'll resort to being impolite agin.
Well it is a little late for that now isn't it?

Anyhow; I understand it was a 2001, I stated that in my post. I guess I missed the point of your post, I'm sorry, it is no need to get your undies in a freaking wad. I don't know what your damn problem with me it, I have never even given you shit, I have been polite up until now, I have put up with you bashing my car, but it seems you aren't capable of self control just because I have a contrasting opinion.

I am sorry if I've pissed you off for some damn stupid reason, but I won't tollerate someone talking to me like that. I am done with this crap thread, because that is all it has become.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:03 PM   #224
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

uh yeah it would compete with the Viper. It would have to for the money you spend on it. It would be twice the car it is now. Yes you're absolutely correct if the Viper came with a V6 option, a weaker v8, and the big block, it probably wouldn't be looked at as an exotic. And if the Cobra was that expensive it probably would be an exotic.

Thus goes back to my theory. High price, high power, rare, and exported all around the world = exotic.

As for that new concept Mustang, at first I liked it. I like the 60's car designs a lot and I still think the new Thunderbird looks great. But my friend who is an absolute Mustang fanatic argued that he couldn't stand that retro look and that he wanted something new and up to date. The more I thought about it, the more I started to see his way. It is rediculous to design a car to look similar to it's older model, especially if its a high performance car like a Mustang. Why bother? If I want a car that looks like a 60's version, I'll go out and buy a 60's version. I can buy a 65 Mustang for like $20,000 if I wanted to.

And with that said look at what GM does. Has the Firebird ever gone retro? Has the Camaro ever gone retro? Does the GTO look any bit like the old GTO's? Hell the new GTO doesn't even use a 389 or 400 (which would of been nice to have). Corvette gone retro? Not even a new Stingray, instead there is the Z06. No muscle car GM makes has ever went back to an old style instead they have improved year after year. And thats what they should do. The only thing GM has that is retro is that SSR pickup truck.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:39 PM   #225
vortech
AF Enthusiast

you've proved your point---the Viper is every bit the Exotic.
:bandit:

Bassani X-pipe
IRS pinion brace
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster