Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Marined123
AF Newbie

I need some feed back on my first import I race

Hello all
I am not in with the up to date with the lingo. But while researching some newer innovated boost options I came across the debate between a so called ricer and a tuner.
I see that the ricer has a very negative and “stupid” reputation attached to it. Now I have always called performance and show cars either: muscle cars vs import vs luxury.
Well after buying my car and making it look the way I want it, putting extra power to it I see that this so called ricer meets my cars looks?! I have had many random compliments on the car and I myself like it. But according to the net it’s a “ridiculous-waste of car” so I am curious as if this is sarcasm or legit. Just out of curiosity I am uploading pics to get some feedback from actual people involved with this forum.
Before leaving critique please read below for a background:
I have learned how to drift from my Sgt in the Marine Corps and instantly fell in love with the automotive circle. I had bought a 2001 white twin t-bo Saleen from him after he EAS’d. I still have it and am putting a new tran into it…
About 2 months later I bought a GT (b/c I want to get my first import car experience in my young days)
I do have the following in it:
A stage 2 clutch
Injen exhaust
A CAI
Custom Turbo kit
Perf chip
Suspension upgrade
sloted brakes
headers
Ect
(and yes I have every part for every sticker I have minus the Hankooks which I only switch out when I race)
Keep in mind I DO rally at the local track and drift (yeah its FWD but id rather ebrake and inertia drift than kill my RWD mustang) anyway I do have a wing but I legitimately use it to help stabilize my turns.
I know this is considered a ricer according to some definitions but it does have an EQUIL amount of power balanced with the looks. So how does owning something that I made look the way I WANT it to look make me some punk kid who wants to puff his chest out?

Input appreciated (rice but nice, blah, poopfarts, screw rice that’s sushi)

I will include some clips
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0101.jpg (113.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0100.jpg (132.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 185602.jpg (90.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 185523.jpg (68.0 KB, 1 views)
Marined123 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > General Discussion