Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
jamesewells
AF Newbie

mazda b2200 ford 302 swap

I have a 89 mazda b2200 cab plus and i want to put a ford 302 motor form a 78 ford f150. I am looking for motor mounts. If anybody knows where to find them if they make them or will motor mounts from another truck will work. Please help
jamesewells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
34_Fan_4_Life
AF Newbie

Re: mazda b2200 ford 302 swap

The easiest thing to do is remove all the Mazda mounts from the frame/crossmember and go to a salvage yard and get the correct frame mounts for that engine.

Then, put the mounts on the engine the way they would be mounted originally and set the motor in the truck, lift the rear of the engine to get it level and weld the lower mounts to the frame/crossmember.

That's what I had to do to get my 305 Chevy into my 1987 B2000.
34_Fan_4_Life is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter