Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #16
Phil0968
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Phil0968
I must say the J30 is a def. strogn car. I got my '93 in april when it had 131 k on it and I have put close to 12k since then in less then a year. Has been an extremely reliable car, only slight issues such as I replaced my driver side window motor which was costly. Other small issues include a slight electrical problem dealing with my front right headlight which tends to go off and on. Im thinking a loose cable but if anyone else knows id appreciate the input. Gas mileage i normally get about 20 around town and 23-24 on the road. As I noticed people have already said the back seat does get a bit cramped but for two people the front two seats are some of the most comfortable i have sat in. A lot fo fun to drive.
Phil0968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 AM   #17
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Newbee here...Q's and A's about J30

Maxima J30 is all electronics and pcb's all over; connectors are good ones -shielded... ECU controls all about engine & gearbox. Engine great, some tell gearbox too advance tech [ECU controlled differential lock etc etc]: breaks. Dunno. So far no big problems: -93 J30 80k.

The car has had during its 11 years one bad idle problem (last year), replaced: Ign cap, wires, Throttle pos sensor. Otherwise just nice driving.

Phil: you have bad connector on RH lamp wire as headlights work in pairs. The orig wires are awful thin (voltage drops and poor light), I made new wires from finger thick cable, +12 from battery & relays beside both lamps.
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:05 PM   #18
JustFanatical
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to JustFanatical

Do all 95 up J30's have viscous limited slip?
JustFanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #19
salomon4fifty
AF Newbie

yes
salomon4fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #20
samuelcv
AF Newbie

Cool J30 1995

Bought a FLA. J30 1995 w/60K miles....body solid, needed a lil paint work...ding repairs and 3 new window regulator assemblies. I took apart the regulator assemblies and the problem was the motor lift gear (nylon) and not the motor or the regulator...many sites tell you the cable gets frayed...can't see that since it is a steel cable and the weight is minimal thus I saw no wear in the cable. Same with the sunroof...replaced the main drive gear and all works great. Had brakes replaced, trans and differential fluid changed, engine flushed and injectors cleaned (should clean every 2 years...not the STP/ect.. in a bottle type...an actual pressure cleaning)...this cleaning has the effect of a tune-up since a tune up on these car really is a 100k adventure and not one of every 30k like some say...the clean injectors increased mileage and power as well as stablizied idle and acceleration. Total for all this was 1,000.00, but the car looks and drives like new.....could actually call it mint now...happy...happy...happy. I like it better than my BMW (99') or my Mits. Diamante and as many other owners have said...it is a driver's car......Final note: It would seem to me that many issues addressed in this forum revolve around maintenace failure.....for examples a cleaning of the PCV valves with solvent every year should be a "must"....engine will not breath right and all goes down hill from there....anyway, I am a shadetree mechanic and not afraid to get grease under my finely manicured nails....it is actually quite manly...so to all my fellow J-30 owners I send a "howdy" and good luck from Nashville Indiana and may the J-Froce be with us all...later...
samuelcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #21
InfinityLife
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil0968
I must say the J30 is a def. strogn car. I got my '93 in april when it had 131 k on it and I have put close to 12k since then in less then a year. Has been an extremely reliable car, only slight issues such as I replaced my driver side window motor which was costly. Other small issues include a slight electrical problem dealing with my front right headlight which tends to go off and on. Im thinking a loose cable but if anyone else knows id appreciate the input. Gas mileage i normally get about 20 around town and 23-24 on the road. As I noticed people have already said the back seat does get a bit cramped but for two people the front two seats are some of the most comfortable i have sat in. A lot fo fun to drice.
The right headlight problem stems from the relay box that needs to be replaced. Check the posts here, someone said you can get them from a autoparts distributer in Brooklyn, NY for around 40 dollars. I had my shop do it with labor for about $80 plus.
InfinityLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #22
ashleywat
AF Newbie

owned 94 J30 since 1997, awesome, reliable luxury car, actaully I am selling mine, I have too many cars and this one has to go, let me know where you are and if ur interested, its dark blue only 89k miles, tan interior, im in va, see ad here
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/car/57002992.html
ashleywat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:47 AM   #23
shortlid
AF Newbie

All J30's RWD??

When did J30 switch to FWD if ever? Did they come with manual tranny's. What about Traction Control/LSD???
shortlid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:30 AM   #24
rebar71
AF Newbie

Re: All J30's RWD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlid
When did J30 switch to FWD if ever? Did they come with manual tranny's. What about Traction Control/LSD???
The J was NEVER fwd - and was NEVER manufactured with a manual tranny. I don't believe it ever had traction control either - though the "t' model did possess 4-wheel steering.

As far as the LSD goes - I know this guy who knows a guy...
rebar71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #25
swimshark
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to swimshark Send a message via MSN to swimshark

just drive at about 60mph. youll get the highway milage. i went from filling up once a week to filling up every week and a half

very good on saving money. oh yah always get in the lane with no cars when you have to start up slower it drinks more gas lol
swimshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 12:18 AM   #26
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

t i don't think had 4w steering.... i know the spoiler was an option, i just tell people it stands for turbo and watch them believe me until i start laughing...

i'm selling mine too btw....

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:33 AM   #27
mikenearmilwaukee
AF Newbie

OK first off, my 97 J30 has a huge backseat. Instead of calling shotgun in my car they call backseat.... And whatever is sooo wrong with your car that you get > 10 miles to the gallon, I hope it never happens to me.!! !! Christ man, tune your car up... and why would you want a pre 95 infiniti... The newer ones look better, are faster, and have a larger trunk, and backseat. The damn armrest in back, ( wich folds up ) is a foot across, not to mention the huge padded sides... mmm leather... I wish I could drive from the back seat... All they need now is heat. - like the font ones...
mikenearmilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:35 AM   #28
mikenearmilwaukee
AF Newbie

And the J30T does stand for turbo... most likely twin trubo. ?? Duh?.
mikenearmilwaukee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria