Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Sprinter
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Big Bruce
AF Newbie

Buying a new 2008 2500, any opinions?

Its a high roof with the 22A package (cruise control). It's 31K. Sounds like a good deal to me. Any opinions, or last minute advice?

Thanks!
Big Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Mopar_Stev
AF Newbie

Re: Buying a new 2008 2500, any opinions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bruce View Post
Its a high roof with the 22A package (cruise control). It's 31K. Sounds like a good deal to me. Any opinions, or last minute advice?

Thanks!
A few years back, there was an all Sprinter forum on the internet for Freighter and Dodge. When Chrysler split from Daimler, it went away. It covered a good deal of things. One person was a build engineer at the prefab SC assembly plant. If you owned one, he helped out greatly, if you plan on buying one, his advice was ... RUN FOR THE HILLS FAST.

There were many issues from the 2003-2004 models. Things got a little better with the 05-06. 07 & 08 started lacking again. A newer body and powertrain refresh happened in 2010. But, that is no longer Dodge.

I had at on time strongly considered getting a 12 passenger mid-length high top for our large family. After test driving one, the wife and I agreed, no way. Our local FedEx guy has a love/hate relationship with his 2007. Anything electrical will fail unexpectedly without warning nor notice. However, the beast is excellent on fuel. It actually does 4mpg better than my 2001 Dodge B2500 Ram Van 12-passenger.

If you live up north in the rust belt, just an FYI, these Sprinters rust out quickly and fast.
Mopar_Stev is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Sprinter