Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 05:22 PM   #31
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Re: The effect of F+F3 on the 240sx

D-bo, why are you sticking with 240s? With 15k you could get an older M3 which will own the 240 in every way, plus they make like 600hp with a turbo kit. Think smart, imo spending high money on a cheap car is not very smart, for the money spent you could always have a car that won't lose its price very easily and will own almost everything.
I personally went with a E30 BMW 325, I'll probably sell it soon as I am almost done with my turbo set up on the civic, but i'll see. For my next car I'll prolly go with a 944 non-turbo, which will out handle practically anything without any upgrades.
As for 240s, the real price right now is under $2000 for S13 and 3-4 for S14. Good condition exapmles here go for about 4000 for a S13 and about 7k for the S14s. My guess is that the price won't go up as drifting is very well known among many kids, and not too many actually go out and drift their cars as it is too expensive. Hicas models will prolly drop in price as they "can't" drift, so I might be getting sooner or later, if there will be some left un-converted.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #32
1_revin_Silvia
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 1_revin_Silvia Send a message via MSN to 1_revin_Silvia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
Think smart, imo spending high money on a cheap car is not very smart, for the money spent you could always have a car that won't lose its price very easily and will own almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
I personally went with a E30 BMW 325, I'll probably sell it soon as I am almost done with my turbo set up on the civic, but i'll see.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #33
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

ownage dude that whole post is a contradiction to itself
Old 05-08-2006, 08:46 PM   #34
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

lol that was a dumb post........its about what you like bro. lol i know plenty of beamer guys. Shit i work with a member of the board for the stl bmw club (highly sponsored club....he goes on trips and shit and test drives beamers)...he test drove the m6. He has an all out racecar bmw too. I forgot the model (not a beamer guy sorry) but its fully caged, fiberglass panels, suspension work, lap counter/timer, totally gutted, race slicks, wheels,and plenty more that i dont remember. its basically a road course car only. Has to be trailored. Its pretty cool. STOCK engine. Its still quick and agile for what he uses it for though. Granted its no 10 second beast.

ROUGH ESTIMATION
I bought a 240 for 1600. Put 20k into it and you'll have a monster. I mean 10k in engine would be fully built and standalone and very very very strong lol. Plenty hp for any roadcar/circuit car. 10k in suspension/drivetrain and other little tid bits(more so driver comfort items) and you have a solid performing streetable car.

Plus it depends on who you know and what deals you can come across. I mean you dont need a super sweet rare jdm bride seat....you could just get some cheap ass used one and work just as good. It all depends on taste and style for what one would spend to "go fast".

Dont get me wrong i can see your point. This is most likely how domestic guys view it. Why spent 5 grand to make a civic run 13's lolololol. When you can buy a old beat up foxbody mustang and spend 5 g's on engine and run a very very very fast time. It all depends on what you like and what YOU want and what YOU want the car to do.

why spend 300,000 on a ferrari. Spend 300,000 on your e30 and will it out perform the ferrari??? Most likely so, but who still has the cooler car??? Which car would more rather be wanted??? But who cares you built what you like, the ferrari owner got what he liked. So your post was really "ignorant" in a way.

the way i see it is you failed already by even wasting time on a civic. To many turbo civics around here that get stomped on by lightly(and i mean lightly) moded rwd cars. Roll patrol sure there "quick" but race from a dig and watch yourself most likely get amtrak train lengthed on.

/end rant
Old 05-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #35
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

oh and trust me, as soon as your turbo setup gets owned by a stage 2 neon(hell maybe even a stage 1), that civic is as good as sold.....im telling you, you'll have fun with it, but quickly see what potential it really has. Your gonna have to spend more on getting the power to the ground and hooking up alot sooner than what a rwd car would. I would just scrap that project and immediately go into the beamer. You will like it better.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #36
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect

I'll prolly be selling my 240 (for way too much to some dumb ricer) when I can afford an S2k.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #37
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

keep the 240's yall... the hipe will go down.... and the value will go up =)

E.K.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #38
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

ehh im 240less now but i stil have my engine i will find a hatch later.

and haha a amtrack train length ahahahaha
Old 05-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #39
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooleffect
I'll prolly be selling my 240 (for way too much to some dumb ricer) when I can afford an S2k.

wtf if you like torqueless wonders go ahead. s2k slow as fuck with supporting mods. But handles well. I guess it depends on how much you drive twisties.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #40
miata1.6
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
lol that was a dumb post........its about what you like bro. lol i know plenty of beamer guys. Shit i work with a member of the board for the stl bmw club (highly sponsored club....he goes on trips and shit and test drives beamers)...he test drove the m6. He has an all out racecar bmw too. I forgot the model (not a beamer guy sorry) but its fully caged, fiberglass panels, suspension work, lap counter/timer, totally gutted, race slicks, wheels,and plenty more that i dont remember. its basically a road course car only. Has to be trailored. Its pretty cool. STOCK engine. Its still quick and agile for what he uses it for though. Granted its no 10 second beast.

ROUGH ESTIMATION
I bought a 240 for 1600. Put 20k into it and you'll have a monster. I mean 10k in engine would be fully built and standalone and very very very strong lol. Plenty hp for any roadcar/circuit car. 10k in suspension/drivetrain and other little tid bits(more so driver comfort items) and you have a solid performing streetable car.

Plus it depends on who you know and what deals you can come across. I mean you dont need a super sweet rare jdm bride seat....you could just get some cheap ass used one and work just as good. It all depends on taste and style for what one would spend to "go fast".

Dont get me wrong i can see your point. This is most likely how domestic guys view it. Why spent 5 grand to make a civic run 13's lolololol. When you can buy a old beat up foxbody mustang and spend 5 g's on engine and run a very very very fast time. It all depends on what you like and what YOU want and what YOU want the car to do.

why spend 300,000 on a ferrari. Spend 300,000 on your e30 and will it out perform the ferrari??? Most likely so, but who still has the cooler car??? Which car would more rather be wanted??? But who cares you built what you like, the ferrari owner got what he liked. So your post was really "ignorant" in a way.

the way i see it is you failed already by even wasting time on a civic. To many turbo civics around here that get stomped on by lightly(and i mean lightly) moded rwd cars. Roll patrol sure there "quick" but race from a dig and watch yourself most likely get amtrak train lengthed on.

/end rant
Amen to that brother!!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #41
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
wtf if you like torqueless wonders go ahead. s2k slow as fuck with supporting mods. But handles well. I guess it depends on how much you drive twisties.
IMO S2k > 240
Old 05-12-2006, 12:27 AM   #42
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

imo
240=2000>S2K=15000. Give me whatever the difference is in the cost of the S2K and ill own it all over. Ive almost got my turbo setup built for a little over 1000, that would leave alot left for suspension setup...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:14 PM   #43
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

there are forced inducted s2k around here.......not worth the time if you want to go fast. But if thats your ride of choice. go ahead and buy it. You like what you like. There are pretty nice cars. There is one around here with a fujitsubo exhaust and test pipe. It sounds nice NA. THey can handle the twisties, but i wouldnt say they owned a 240. Of course im biased. Stock for stock sure i guess. But the s2k is one of honda's "better" cars. Nissan has bigger better stuff to worry about for that department.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:17 PM   #44
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_N_Run-player
imo
240=2000>S2K=15000. Give me whatever the difference is in the cost of the S2K and ill own it all over. Ive almost got my turbo setup built for a little over 1000, that would leave alot left for suspension setup...

yea and suspension isnt really that expensive lol. Well it depends on how extensive you want to go. I basically just bought aftermarket stuff to replace all the multi link suspension pieces. But i did get the over priced tein flex's way back in highschool. So you could knock off 500 if i got the KTS set up.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #45
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooleffect
IMO S2k > 240

well its official in my opinion is the stupidest remark you can ever make of course its your opinion no need to state that. ahh i hate that phrase now onto cars. 240 dollar for dollar much better.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX