Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #31
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Skylindrftr
Re: TITANIUM, help a mofo out plz

If you really can afford it, go for it, i know a guy who just got a prototype rs r exhaust that is like all carbon fiber or some shit on his s14 cuz hes got hookups, it sounds sooo nice
Skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #32
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

go through spl and try to get a kts ti exhaust if its ti and only 700 then thats a steal obviously RW likes it and has no complaints. spending over 700 on a exhaust seems pointless to me id much rather put my 400 extra elsewhere regaurdless of if i had the money or not. just my opinion on the matter. to each his own i suppose
sidewayzS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:19 AM   #33
R.W.240
Banned

Buying a TI exhaust is a complete rice mod. with the weight as low as it is it really doesn't matter at all.

Do it becuase you want it. the 8lbs you'll save can be made up cheaper and easier elsewhere.

If you want to move weight that will have a massive effect.
-Move your battery behind the passenger seat.
-FRP/Carbon hood.
-FRP/Carbon Hatch.
-FRP Seat+ Hammered in floor and rails lower than FG.

Then you can always slam your car and run Roll Center Adjusters.
R.W.240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:00 AM   #34
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

What are roll center adjusters? ::rolls eyes::
Old 01-19-2006, 03:12 AM   #35
R.W.240
Banned

more than you can afford pal.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:47 AM   #36
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

""The roll center, by the way, is the imaginary point in space the body rolls about in a turn. When the car is lowered, the roll center is lowered as well. The distance between the roll center and the car's center of gravity is called the roll moment, and the roll moment is basically the lever arm Isaac Newton used to make the body roll in a turn. When lowering a multi-link car, the roll center usually drops more than the center of gravity does, which makes the roll moment longer, causing more body roll. Even though the overall center of gravity is now lower, the torque making the car lean in a turn and causing weight transfer to the outside wheels is greater. Since the SPL lower arms raise the roll center back up, they reduce the roll moment, reducing roll and weight transfer to the outside wheels.""

This goes a couple of levels beyond your typical bolt on suspension kit

1992 240sx SE Fastback 5speed

nissan_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:54 AM   #37
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Example on a 300zx

Old 01-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #38
2.4L of Torque
AF Enthusiast

"this guy" meant me.

I cant see justifying a Titanium exhaust on your DD/Auto-X car...my car is a DD/Auto-X car and taking the 400 and buying a FMIC(24x12x3) and Piping and Couplers and Clamps for that much = +1

Sure its gonna weigh like what....maybe 10-20lbs less.
2.4L of Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #39
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
more than you can afford pal.
and why would you say this?
Old 01-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #40
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylindrftr
and why would you say this?
because he like to say things from the F&F lol

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:09 PM   #41
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_N_Run-player
because he like to say things from the F&F lol
Mostly that... but also because its true. 1000+$ for suspension links = AIIIEEE!

That being said. One day I will have SPL roll center adjusters and I'll adjust them out to where they are 4cm longer than stock and run 40 offset wheels with a fuck the world banner waving on the back of my car.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #42
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

ok guys i can see why some of you were saying not to get this for the price. Let me further expand on my situation. This is long but plz read...you will understand my totall situation lol.

First off this 240 IS NOT DAILY DRIVEN. Thats what my little rice-box scion is for.....warranties are sweet. THis is full project/fun car....i need to find a damn garage to keep it in, im working on that too.

hatch is a parts car. Im taking the oem lsd off of it(for now), and maybe the doors(there power, i know im going for weight savings, but conveniance is one thing too, most likely i wont since its not a daily), and the coil overs that are already on it. Then selling alot of stock parts to my little brother for his hatch.

As for what RW was saying about saving the weight. carbon fiber trunk iv been looking/pricing (mine looks like someone had basketball practice on it), ordering silvia front end(so that shaves a little weight from flip ups), plan on getting the JUN FRP hood or oem carbon (dunno when), interior is fully stripped (i have little shit still to take out, sound deadning, radio, seatbelt motors etc). I will take passenger seat out on auto-x days. Ill prolly try to find a used bride seat or just get a new one. Titanium exhaust im sure shaves alot of pounds compared to the stock unit. Prolly take off front bumper brace and various other little shit along the way......

Thats it as far as body goes(for now).....ill decide more on that once i get all this shit taken care of. From there im doing full suspension first.

What iv been looking at recently:
Fender braces----silk roads most likely
nismo power brace
pillow ball tensoin rods----brand is still a toss up...i like the tanabe and hks
front/rear strut bars----most likely nismo's
roll cage-----need to talk to some friends about hook up's.
if not a real roll cage, maybe a cusco 6-point bolt in or what not....or just a do-luck rxb bar(they say thats the stiffest thing next to a roll cage).
5 lug conversion
need 5 lug rims....still deciding if i should buck up on some sweet advan rims, or just find a nice lightweight alternative for now....most likely it will be the alternative....i dont mind if there used either.
Front brake upgrade----looking at brembo GT 4 piston fronts
Rear brembo rotors----possibly with r32 rear calipers, but i should be ok with stock
stainless lines.

dont get me wrong there will be more....i just dont like to get too far ahead of myself. One step at a time. I know it seems like i already am....but i can knock out half that suspension list with a paycheck......its all a bunch of 2-300 dollar parts and all of those are pretty easy to install. Plus my uncle will be paying me back a grand that i loaned him. And we have tax returns soon.....hooray. I also have a grand in savings that i dont like to touch...but im getting the mod itch so it may be dipped into.

BTW panda garage is great. I will be ordering the silvia front with brick headlights most likely tomorrow when i get off work. All of it shipped is only 1,160. Me and jimmy have been going back and forth about it all for a few days now lol. Not to bad of a price if you ask me. And they are very fast on customer service. Very nice and let you know whats going down. Now i just have to wait for it......the hard part lol.

Basically the reason for all the body mods first is because the car is beat up in some places. Rear quarter is smashed. Front bumper has no paint(but still good condition). There are various clear coat fading areas. Door has a nice 2 inch gouge in it that leads into the fender. Rear bumper is bombed and depleted.(im still trying to find an oem one....or a lighter frp oem style alternative). Trunk is warped/dented. Since i do bodywork....i can do this easy. So might as well right? The car will get a fresh black paint job with fresh clear. Im still deciding on whether or not the paint the carbon fiber trunk....i have some rice in me.

I want a nice looking and well maintained clean ass ride that can perform when i want it too. So thats what im doing. Now depending on how much finances i do get, i may have enough to do a small KA-T setup over fall/winter. If not thats next years agenda. I really want to do a rebuild first....but thats alot of cash. So if my 170,000 mile ka passes the basic compression/leakdown test. I will most likely do a small 7psi intercooled setup(for the time being). Im also waiting to see what turbo240 offers. THats the problem with the ka...it keeps getting popular so more shit comes out.

theres my story.

just think what i could do if i didnt drop 3.5 grand on my scion and spend another 2 grand on it so its ok to look at lol. Oh well i needed a RELIABLE daily driver(my hatch was faaaaaaaaaaaar from reliable) before i could go full tilt on the coupe.

call me rice, but its damn good rice. Maybe even chicken fried. No soy sauce of course.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #43
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

I like soy sauce with my fried rice.

Old 01-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #44
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_240sx
I like soy sauce with my fried rice.

you know what they say....."only americans eat the sauce". I would steer away.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #45
nissan_240sx
AF Enthusiast

Im asian. lol

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX