Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!
Street/Track Racing Stories! Beat any Mustangs today? Tell everyone about what your Honda can do! (Keep it clean)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 07:38 PM   #31
95vteclude

Re: BEST WIN: no flaming...

My favorite race where i won was against my friend in his 00' v6 accord. I had my 95 vtec prelude and he was so sure he would win he bet if i won he'd get me an exhaust, if i lost i had to get him a cai. Needless to say i got the exhaust and spanked him 2/2. Once from a standstill, and once from highway speeds to top end. Its not a 3-way girl on girl action story but at least my friend kept up his end of the bargain.

My favorite loss in the prelude was to a POS 92 nissan sentra (or so i thought). the car looked like it was ready to fall apart. i'm talking rust and primer spots, the gigantic muffler was hanging on by a coat hanger, and there was 4 or 5 people inside. let me just say i'm glad the guy didnt bet me cuz i would have taken it and lost. he had a j-spec se-r engine in it w/ cams and who knows what else. i didnt talk with him long enough to get into details but he took me by a carlength. gotta love sleepers!

Old 03-23-2004, 09:57 PM   #32
shyfty50
AF Newbie

This guy I know from school thought he was hot stuff in his '89 V8 camero (auto?) and I happened to pull up next him at a light in my '91 integra ls. He starts makin all sorts noise like he's badass, well the light changes and and we take off. I pretty much had him by 3/4 car length till the 2 lane changed to one and he had to break hardcore. I assume he'd have killed me had we gone much further. But the glory was mine.
I have an Intake and a short shifter w/ stabilizer
Old 03-24-2004, 11:03 AM   #33
sihondasracer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to sihondasracer Send a message via MSN to sihondasracer

the race that sticks out in my mind was my 91 si with CAI,and short shifter Vs. this new SER Spec-V.he had these " NOS" stickers every where and a exhaust on it.so were at a red light and it turnd green and i took off first,and pulled thru first and second,everytime he shifted he would catch up but he couldnt shift worth crap and it took him a long time and since i had a short shifter i slammd it into the gears fast.we got up to about 75 then i slammd on the brakes because of traffic in my lane and he did the typical ricer fly-by and that was it. and yes i know he would have beatn me if it had been farther,but it wasnt so im happy lol.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:02 PM   #34
~ls/vtec~
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to ~ls/vtec~
i raced a 2002 eclipse on a 4 door gsr. i had 4 poeple in the car the other guy was by himself. we were going about 40, so from 40 to about 85 i took him by 3-4 car lenghts. i couldnt believe it so i slowed donw and did it again then we rolled all the windows down (because i have the darkest tint in the back so u couldnt see my friends) adn the guy got extremely embarrased because we were 4 deep and smoked him like he was nothing
keep the stories coming theyre all good
Old 05-11-2004, 05:34 PM   #35
Hellraiserrob
AF Enthusiast

Best kill ever: I was at the local cruise/Drag and I was in my 95 Lewd, talking with one of my friends who drives a Gt Mustang. and a younger kid pulls up in a brand new mustang with a very nice sounding exhuast and svt wheels. He ask my buddy if he wants to race and he says no, so i cut in and tell him i will race him. We drove for like 20 minutes to an awesome road. We lined up and on the first race murdered him but he missed second HARD!! and the second time everytime i hit vtec i pulled very hard we raced to about 110 and i was 2-3 car lenghts ahead of him... The reason why this is my best kill is the kid asked me to pop my hood so i did and when he saw my stock engine his buddy said, "and you wanna race us??" that just pissed me off so it was one hella of a grudge race to me...
Old 05-11-2004, 10:20 PM   #36
stratpunkr
AF Regular

with my 97 ludei think my best kill was prolly a 94 mustang gt with intake, headers, exhaust, ignition, and pulleys...didnt beat it by much though, but i did smoke a little civic with a b16 3 times in one night!
Old 06-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #37
TheAznPersuazun
AF Newbie

the week after i beat a notorious "Neon" in my area and beat him by at least 1/2 car, one of guys in a local team asked me to run just for shits n giggles, figuring he'd spank me cuz he has a 04 accord vtec (not sure what he has for mods but it is 160hp stock, 30 more than mine) and i have a 97 LX NON-vtec. well we looped around and sat the lights and i beat him 2x with someone honking. He said he couldn't hear the honks so he had one of his boy run out and flag us down. I ended beating him 3 more times in front of all his boys. He was so heated that he punched off his rear view and looped around and ran the street 3 times by himself. The WORST part is they still rag on him cuz i beat him wearing 4" heels!!

i dunno if this counts but i went to the track for the 1st time yesterday and i went up against a new Audi 1.8T w/ an ECU upgrade and was running 18lbs. of boost.(i dont remember what else he said he had) My tires skipped about 5x when i launched but then I pulled on him in 2nd. i ended up with a 16.0 Not bad for my 2nd run ever.
When we looped back around he asked if i waited for him just to laugh and how much boost i was running and i told him nothing. He was pissed but wished me luck with the rest of the day.

R/T-0.551
60'-2.426
330-6.702
1/8-10.286
1000-13.392
1/4-15.996

Last edited by TheAznPersuazun; 06-24-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:38 PM   #38
jameskersten
AF Enthusiast

on track: 5.0liter mustang, beat him down the 1/4 by about 3 1/2car lengths, his excuse. clutch was slipping
road: dodge stealth the other night on the highway. beat him once, slowed down let him pass me, the beat him again.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:29 PM   #39
92'SiHatchBack
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 92'SiHatchBack

I wasent driving but my bro and me were in town and this guy in a ford explorer yes i said ford explorer starts revvin and were in a 94' Del Sol and it was wet out and the light changed and we smoked the tires and we still had him by about 3 or 4 car lenghts but it wasent really fair to him much.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:59 AM   #40
acc90rd
AF Newbie

My best race is against a 91 rx7. Im in my 90' 4 dr accord automatic. We start at a red light, we both chirp tires from the start. we are dead even then he shifts and he drops back to my rear door. Catches up, shifts, drops back a little. I put sport mode in(i forgot about it) and hit 105 beating him by a half a carlength.

Good race overall, the rx7 was bone stock and i have intake and exhaust.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:23 PM   #41
drewbert
AF Newbie

best race i was w/my good friends who had just bought a 98 supra tt we were turning off of two lane road onto a four lane road (two lanes in each direction) while a good friend of ours was directly behind us in his 99 mit. eclipse gsx when we turned the corner we swung wide into the far lane and let him come up beside us when he was equal w/us we both stabbed on the gas and were off it was a very close race but before anyone pulled away we had to turn off.....but later that night we were able to race again this time on a deserted road and from a dead stop at the go signal both cars jumped immediately off the line the eclipse barking second which suprised everyone who was out there it was a pretty close race but the eclipse srayed and took the lead but only by half a car length maybe....................................

gsx eclipse-
intake,exhaust,downpipe,clutch,upgraded turbo,boost controller,turbo timer, 55 shot of nitrous etc .......basically most of the upgrades that you can think of but still not all

supra-

completly stock

also another good one i was w/another frined once again and we were in his 2002 eclipse (around the 2000 area) and we just came off of a bridge and noticed that a truck (some kind of chevrolet was riding us so he came flying aruond us thinking he was the shiz so we approched a near by red light and we look over and he is right next to us we both notice each other at the same time so he starts reving his motor at us so when the light turned green we took off beating him by shifting from 1st to 3rd by several car lengths.......not the greatest kill story but funny that we beat him by skipping gears
Old 07-14-2004, 08:37 AM   #42
91HBSi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to 91HBSi Send a message via AIM to 91HBSi Send a message via Yahoo to 91HBSi
A kill that I can think of was when 2 of my friends and me were coming home from the mall on night. There was a car behind me riding my tail like crazy, so naturally I slowed down There was a car in the lane beside me and one in front of that one, so he couldn't get around. Then I hear an engine winding and I look in my driver side mirror and he is in the turning lane trying to pass me (idiot). When he gets about to my driver side quarter panel I throw it down into 2nd, by this time he was even with me, and I started pulling on him and he had to drop back behind me.

The truck was an a '93 4.3ltr S15 singlecab with some kind of dual exhaust and 15 drag lite rims.

What's funnier is when my brother, his girlfriend and me were headed TO the mall about a month later and we encountered the same guy. We were in my brothers 93 Prelude Si 5spd. He kept getting beside us and revving and my brother just ignores him, he isn't one to race. Then we caught a red light and his girlfriend and I were like "beat him so he'll feel stupid" We finally convinced him and the light turned green and by 40 we had several car lengths on him. Oh... he had a NASCAR sticker on his rear window, so he must be out to rid the world of imports or something.

Former PureHonda.com member since Dec. 00

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." Pilippians ONe21
Old 07-21-2004, 03:32 PM   #43
thetoymaker
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to thetoymaker

2 weeks ago me and my friend were out for a cruise around the metroplex. The traffic was very very light and we came up on a corvette C-4 with large pipes, and we passed him up on the right, cuz he was hoggin the left lane.
He proceeded to downshift, and so did I, we kept going faster and then he slowed down when we came to a blind spot on the road, we merged onto 12N by texas stadium and we both dropped the hammer, wow under those bridges my car sounded so awsome (at 7-8K)!! I stayed right beside him, till white smoke came poofing out his right-hand exhaust pipe and he got out of the left lane and turned off the next exit flipping us off as we sped by at 100+.

My friend was laughing so hard cuz my lil civic can sit up in traffic, beating a vette. That one was fun to tell to a guy at my job who just sold his C4 and bought a new Z06 right after I told him the story.

My car is 97civicHB, CRVTEC B20Z2/B18C1 with Gsr Tranny w/LSD, I/H/E, braced cylinder sleeve, knife-edged and balanced crank, aluminum pulleys, lightened steel flywheel (8lbs), Kevlar timing belt, KYB sus., ARP studs, other stuff.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #44
otter7467
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to otter7467 Send a message via Yahoo to otter7467

Best kill was in my 350Z bone stock at the time against a Porsche boxter S (mods ?, probably stock). I was with my girlfriend who hated me racing. So when this guy drives up beside me I ignored him until he swerved at me. He had his gf with him and she was laughing along with him at us. Needless to say my girlfriend told me to "smoke this prick" so I drop down gears and start to take him on the outside lane. By the time we get on to the freeway I had 3 car lengths on him so I slowed down and this prick flips me the bird to we go again and he finally quit when we were going in and out of lanes at 120+.

That was the only time she ever ok'd me to race with her and she started to understand my love of racing a little better.

04 350Z-Sold
04 Envoy-Sold
03 Gixxer-Sold
Old 09-27-2004, 10:09 PM   #45
FR33WAY
AF Newbie

One of my fav. kills didn't even happen in my own car. I was test driving a '98 I30 with my dad and ended up at light with a '01 Mustang GT. Both cars were autos so fair game. The I30 pulled on it from the start and by 80 it was 2/3rds car length ahead. My dad was so pissed. We bought the car later that week.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Street/Track Racing Stories!