Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:32 PM   #46
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect
Re: The effect of F+F3 on the 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayzS13
well its official in my opinion is the stupidest remark you can ever make of course its your opinion no need to state that. ahh i hate that phrase now onto cars. 240 dollar for dollar much better.
Well no shit its my opinion but its seems whenever I don't tack that on people seem to think Im trying to pass it off as fact.
Old 05-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #47
sidewayzS13
doin it sidewayz

Send a message via AIM to sidewayzS13

nope its a stupid ass remark to say
thats almost as bad as saying "no offense" before you say something rude to someone
and what you said could not be construed as fact any way you look at it i hate the phrase see me hating the phrase = fact
Old 05-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #48
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

How the fuck is it ownage you retard? My turbo set-up cost me under $300, WOW thats fucking high! For $1200 total spent on my car including car itself and my stereo, it powns you stock 240s ass. So stfu noob.
And what kind of retard would rather own a sr20 swapped 240 instead of an M3? Get a life.
My turbo is 100$, mani-$16, injectors w/intercooler $50, BOV $15, rechip ECU-Free, DP-$50, plus oil lines which should add up to a little under 300 + adapter plate for the turbo. No fucking way I am gonna spend more than $2000 on a civic.
Its like people started bashing the guy who got a c-class mercedes instead of his 240, so retarded.

And Chuki for 25K I would rather get an old porsche 944 turbo, put 1k into suspension and 1k for a new turbo and trust me, in the twist it will still kill the 240. And have over 10k for whatever I want, shit a new car or something.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #49
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

By the way, why is this not in the off-topic section? Has little to do with 240s anyways.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #50
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
How the fuck is it ownage you retard? My turbo set-up cost me under $300, WOW thats fucking high! For $1200 total spent on my car including car itself and my stereo, it powns you stock 240s ass. So stfu noob.
And what kind of retard would rather own a sr20 swapped 240 instead of an M3? Get a life.
My turbo is 100$, mani-$16, injectors w/intercooler $50, BOV $15, rechip ECU-Free, DP-$50, plus oil lines which should add up to a little under 300 + adapter plate for the turbo. No fucking way I am gonna spend more than $2000 on a civic.
Its like people started bashing the guy who got a c-class mercedes instead of his 240, so retarded.

And Chuki for 25K I would rather get an old porsche 944 turbo, put 1k into suspension and 1k for a new turbo and trust me, in the twist it will still kill the 240. And have over 10k for whatever I want, shit a new car or something.

like i said to each there own. Thats still going to be a pile for what you have into it. 25k into a 240 is almost a brand new car full of aftermarket. 1k into porsche suspension is nothing....coilovers whoopedy do. And a new turbo...big woop still a slow pile. Its all driver skill. So you go ahead with your old ass worn 944 with coils and a "new turbo".

and your turbo kit sounds so cheaped out. Ill give you a 14 second pass at best.......lol, not worth 300 bucks. Good luck man. Once its all said and done. you will realize. There are kids around here with way more "better" and done up nicely stuff as far as turbo and superchargers go on there civics and they will be the first to tell you, dont waste the money. But its whatever. Personal experience is the only way you'll learn. You will see very fast.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:34 PM   #51
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

I see what you'r saying, yes it is a civic, it will be slow. But KA takes too much gas, and 3.09 per gallon for a 17 year old high school student is pretty high. I decided to get a turbo to do something, plus I can still get good fuel economy if I stay off boost. If it wasn't for gas prices the civic would be long gone.
And speaking of 944 turbos, for 10k you get a perfect car with about 50k miles, with a bigger turbo you have 300whp+ and with coil overs that thing will outhandle anything, the suspension there is all racing, all you need is different front L-arms. Those cars are amazing for their age (rear mounted tranny). They are actually in a way similar to 240s, thats why I really like them. And I still do love the 240s, just with the gas situation I decided to keep the honda.

Staying on topic: I really don't think it is going to change much, all the new drifting shows already effected the whole situation.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #52
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

wow, lets all spend out the ass on porsche parts. And yes, it is cheap as hell to build a turbo civic, because everyone has one, and they are about the rice these days. In the end, you still drive a FWD car that everyone hates, YAY HONDA FTW!!! Yeah the porsche 944 does handle like a beast, but your still gonna pay alot for shit, i bet coils for a 944 are 4x the cost for awesome coils on a 240sx.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #53
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Nope, thats the nice thing, prices for porsche parts are very similar to other cars, labor is what will screw you up the ass.
About my civic, yes, everyone has one, I would not call a stock civic with integra rims rice, but hey 28mpg city is good enough of a reason for me to keep it, for now at least.

http://www.paragon-products.com/
Old 05-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #54
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

500$ for a MAFS, 120$ for an armrest, 185$ for a door handle, a sport clutch is 775$, and race is almost 1200$, fuel injects are about 150$ a piece (isnt all that bad, but if your saying you can just slap a larger turbo and get 300hp your gonna need 600$ worth of injectors, and they want 500$ for an ECU, 210 for a fuel pump...adds up easily for what you say is a simple turbo upgrade), there 3" catback isnt even very impressive and its almost 800$...

Overall, some parts are cheap (still not cheaper than for a 240 though), but alot of that shit is way to damn expensive.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 05-14-2006, 11:02 PM   #55
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

And you say your stock civic isnt rice? I thought it had a turbo kit? That wouldnt be stock..Or you are building the kit? Because in that case ive almost got my turbo kit built for my S13 and total ive spent about 900$ so far...

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:46 AM   #56
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

can we please go on topic again? the shit about wheter that dude's civic is rice or not, why do you care? this is the internet. lol

i hope the value goes up, a lot. if not, i didnt lose to much money anyways lol
Old 05-15-2006, 04:03 PM   #57
Adam_rex
AF Regular

oh i owned a civic.. wel a crx to be exact. and if your buying a $300 turbo kit. it cant be that great. what is it a ebay turbo for 100? with ebay intercooloer for 50? and shit i spent well over 2k on my crx but it would run about mid 12's while i have spent like 600 on my 240 and its running mid 14's and the 240 dont eat that much gas. i just found building a crx a street/drag racing a waste. dont get me wrong it was a fast car just had traction probs

1992 Nissan 240SX SE
--Parts Car--

1992 Camaro Z28
--blown up--
--getting 350 put in--

1993 Honda civic Del sol
--B16A swap--
--1997 jdm front bumper--
--1997 jdm fenders--
--Upgraded internals--
Old 05-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #58
1_revin_Silvia
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 1_revin_Silvia Send a message via MSN to 1_revin_Silvia

Nothing beats RWD, and the 240 is one of the cheapest rwd you can get while still having some style...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:45 PM   #59
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

/\ thats true.
And for my civic it is a rebuilt starion turbocharger with DSM 450cc injectors and DSM smic, DSM piping, Bosch BOV, Civic HF mani with adapter plate. Modified starion DP. Yes guys its that cheap. Nothing is in yet, I have a broken arm and waiting for that to heal.
Porsches are just like other cars, you need to know places to buy stuff off. Clutches are generally $300+, for 300whp you don't need to upgrade anything but you'll be maxing out the stock turbo at 300. And chips can be burned using simple software called motronic editor. I recently got into chip tunning, thats actually another little reason to keep my civic, with a chip burner you practically have a stand alone. Plus if I blow the engine, it won't be a big deal.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #60
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_rex
oh i owned a civic.. wel a crx to be exact. and if your buying a $300 turbo kit. it cant be that great. what is it a ebay turbo for 100? with ebay intercooloer for 50? and shit i spent well over 2k on my crx but it would run about mid 12's while i have spent like 600 on my 240 and its running mid 14's and the 240 dont eat that much gas. i just found building a crx a street/drag racing a waste. dont get me wrong it was a fast car just had traction probs

bwhhahahahaha this guy just said everything i told you would happen bwhahahahahahahahahaahah. He learned from personal experience.....like i said. Good luck pavlo....hope its a mini van soccer mom beast eater.

and a 300 dollar clutch??? where did you get that walmart?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX