Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 01:19 PM   #76
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Reliability of KA24DE-T vs. SR20DET?

lodownlv, u are incorrect, sr20det rwd and fwd are slightly similar and yet all the parts are different, if you read the whole thread you will find that out. rwd does not use distributer, piston sizes and all are not the same either. They just named the fwd sr cause it is 2.0 liter.
KA was designed for trucks, lots of torque. SR was designed for lighter small sports cars, it has almost 50:50 weight distribution (cause aluminum), can rev higher and longer and is more of a road racing motor. Any engine can be built for different applications, for road racing SR will be more successful in doing so imo. Plus I like to make the car different in some way, the handling becomes mush better with sr too.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:25 PM   #77
lodownlv
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to lodownlv Send a message via Yahoo to lodownlv

their isnt a honda civic made that can beet my car. so i dont even get what your saying.
LOL by the way i can smoke a z28 and 5.0 mustang no problem! ow and since your soo smart explane the relationship of hp to torque
lodownlv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 06:34 PM   #78
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23
Are you mentally challenged or are blind? He said that no matter how much torque you had, you could be beaten by a stock Civic if you didn't have any horsepower. And tell me again how you can beat 5.0s and Z28s?
logik23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #79
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic
Re: Re: Reliability of KA24DE-T vs. SR20DET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodownlv
their isnt a honda civic made that can beet my car. so i dont even get what your saying.
LOL by the way i can smoke a z28 and 5.0 mustang no problem! ow and since your soo smart explane the relationship of hp to torque
No but there are plenty of respectable and ricer civic drivers that can "beet" you in the 2nd grade spelling bee.

I'm sure you can smoke 5.0s and Z28s, its not that hard on the internet.

Horsepower is how fast you can spin your torque. Ever hear of somebody say they need to make X amount of horsepower to acheve Y amount of speed?

Since your so fast, why don't you post up some pics or timeslips of your car? If it is stock, ever hear of a Type R civic? He would probably hand you your ass with a recipt.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:40 AM   #80
lodownlv
AF Regular

its all good dosnt realy matter if i can spell in a forum or not. im getting my ka rebuilted next week im going with drop forged pistons and rods and im getting full head work including oversized valves im going to also get the vband turbo. no honda is going to smoke me honda lover
Old 12-12-2004, 05:43 AM   #81
lodownlv
AF Regular

CR from how stuff works
So if you multiply torque (in pound-feet) by engine speed (in RPM) and divide the product by 5,252, RPM is converted to "radians per second" and you can get from torque to horsepower -- from "pound-feet" to "foot-pounds per second."
Old 12-12-2004, 01:46 PM   #82
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20

uhh whats wrong with HONDAS? i mean KA-T is cool and all but a turbo B18 or H22 could get u.

plus how did u beat the Z28 SS ? and 5.0?
1nc i got a 5.0 atuo, but a Z28 ss handed over my ass (it was moded)

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 01:51 PM   #83
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23
Are you mentally challenged or are blind? He said that no matter how much torque you had, you could be beaten by a stock Civic if you didn't have any horsepower. And tell me again how you can beat 5.0s and Z28s?

you couldn't have torque without horsepower, it would be mathematically impossible..

"You may be surprised, I know I was, but horsepower is simply a calculation based on rpm and torque. Dynos and rolling roads only ever measure torque. Horsepower is calculated after. Here's the formula:

Horsepower = Torque * RPM / 5252

So how is this formula arrived at, and where did 'horsepower' come from?

Well it's all down to the Scottish engineer James Watt (1736 to 1819), he established that a horse could pull a 550lb weight up from a coal mine at a rate of one foot every second, for an eight hour shift. This converts to 33,000 foot pounds per minute. He published these observations, stating this figure to be the equivalent of one horsepower.

We need to convert from the rotary motion of an engine to a linear motion, like the horse example. Remember we can only measure the torque of the engine, this is expressed in pound feet. A pound foot of torque is the twisting force necessary to support a one pound weight on a weightless horizontal bar, one foot from the centre of rotation. Lets rotate the one pound weight one revolution, the distance travel is 6.2832, that's Pi multiplied by the diameter, 2 feet. We have now done 6.2832 foot pound of work.

One horsepower equals 33,000 foot pounds per minute, so if we divide 6.2832 in to 33,000 we can conclude that we at 5252 rpm we are producing one horsepower, we are moving our one pound weight 33,000 feet every minute.
Therefore if we multiply the torque by rpm and then divide by 5252 we can calculate the horsepower.

Lets see what we now know:

A car will be accelerating hardest in any given gear when at its peak torque
Horsepower is a calculation based on torque.
Torque means nothing without knowing what rpm it occurs at.
Horsepower factors rpm in to the torque equation.
It's better to make torque at high rpm rather than low rpm, so we can take advantage of gearing

Answer: Horsepower is King! (the more horsepower the more torque at the wheel)

Back to the large and small engine example at the beginning, which will accelerate a car down the quarter mile the quickest? They both put out the same torque at the wheel, so I guess as the small engine is considerably lighter, it's the winner. Again its not quite as straight forward as that. What we are really interest in is the average torque at the wheels through out the complete run. High revving engines by there very nature have a small power band, in other word there torque curve is not very flat compared to large displacement engines. To keep the average torque at the wheel as high as possible we need loads of gears, and changing gear takes time. So to counter its weight disadvantage the large displacement engine has high torque through out the working rev range, therefore needing less gears. Never straight forward is it!

There you go, Torque v Horsepower according to my world!"

-Julian
Interesting article
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:04 PM   #84
logik23
Banned

Wow, thanks for the info I didn't read.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #85
Chuki_breath
AF Enthusiast

it sounds to me that he just got done reading some info of the internet and now he feels smart so he is posting all shit because he feels that much more smarter now. No im not talking about you sr20power. Its just that lodwndouche or whatever his name is keeps on bringing up this horsepower torque thing in every post to make him look like he is smart or something and knows what he is talking about. But he continually shows us he is not to smart, because he thinks a rebuilt engine with a turbo will smoke any honda out there. I guess he's going to race stock hondas with his moded engine so he can feel fast too. I dont no man you seem like a douche bag that should be driving a civic to me but o well what do i know. Post pics up of your rebuilt engine with turbo and shit so we can see your grandmaster setup....
Chuki_breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #86
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuki_breath
I dont no man you seem like a douche bag that should be driving a civic to me but o well what do i know.

lets improve on our trash talk ok? LOL

He should be driving a rusty old school civic with 15" cheapy wheels, neon underbody kit, led washer nozzle lights, NOS floormats, and APC seat covers...... ain't no way you can forget the weld on shit can muffler either.

some hondas are cool

I especially like 90-93 4 door accords with H22's.....
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 04:11 PM   #87
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDSR20
uhh whats wrong with HONDAS? i mean KA-T is cool and all but a turbo B18 or H22 could get u.
That is a completely uneducated response. I have only seen a couple B18 turbo cars run in the 10s. One was in Dsport and was running 10:1 pistons and 29psi of boost with FAST. Talk about precise tuning!

Key word for that kid is "He's getting," not "he's building,"

And the other key word is

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodownlv
rebuilted

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 05:22 PM   #88
lodownlv
AF Regular

im building from the ground up i just got the car and blew the head valve seals and gaskets. im building!
Old 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM   #89
logik23
Banned

Don't you mean "rebuildingted"?
Old 12-12-2004, 08:47 PM   #90
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

lol, i dont seem to like that guy, everythread he posts in he pisses people off..trying to say hes all smart and everything..and for the record you are re-building, not building... unless your handmaking everysingle part..which i doubt..

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX