Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
ksyankee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ksyankee
2003 Pathy fuel gauge issues

I couldn't find anything referencing my issue, so here goes?
My '03 Pathy's fuel gauge is "stuck" on full...it wavered a bit down to half, but when I ran out of gas while showing 3/4 I knew I had a problem. Then the "check" light came on showing "P0462 fuel level sensor A circuit Low Input" on the OBD II. Research showed the tank sensor had bit it. When I disconnected the connector from the tank the fuel gauge still showed full. Shouldn't it go to empty with no load on it? I suspected a short, so using my Nissan Service Manual I traced and eliminated the possibility of shorts and grounds in the harness. Using the on-board meter diagnostics I verified the fuel meter was not the problem. So I went ahead and replaced the tank sensor. The gauge moved down to about 3/4, then after a couple of stops and starts it went to full and the check light came on again, with the same code showing. Anyone had any experience with this? I would hate to just replace the whole meter assembly and have it not be the solution, and waste more money...I know it could be an intermittent problem in the wiring but it seems unlikely..Thanks for any help!! Jim
ksyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 AM   #2
harchub
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Pathy fuel gauge issues

have you found solution for this problem?
harchub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
ksyankee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ksyankee
Re: 2003 Pathy fuel gauge issues

Hello!

After replacing the float/level in the tank, and tracing and validating the wiring to the gauge, I have come to the conclusion that there is a problem in the board that serves the gauge. I found a company that will inspect/rehab the board for a couple of hundred bucks, http://www.autoecu.com/ but haven't sent the thing out as I have gotten used to using the odometer to track my mileage. Back when I contacted them, they said they would run diagnostics on the board and if it turned out to be ok, they would only charge me an inspection fee and ship it back...Can't beat that I guess! Call them and verify as it has been a couple of years since I talked with them...Thanks for the reminder tho, I prob will get that thing done this fall!
I am sure by that fact that you are here that you have researched the web for any fixes, to no avail....
Good luck, and if you find a solution, please let us know here! I will do the same!
Cheers!
Jim
ksyankee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail