Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
360f1driver
AF Newbie

360 shifting problem / question

Hi ALL

im new to the board an am hopeing to get some advice here

Im about to purchace a 99 360 modena f1 but im haveing some issues.

when i drive it it will on upshifts go to neutral. now the current owner tells me this is common and that im not driveing the car hard enough.

that doesnt sound right to me. ive had it happen on the 2 to 3 shift and the 3 to 4 speed MPH does not seem to effect it. it will happen grabing the shift at 7k even 8k and also alot at low rpms. also tryed out auto last night as i was stuck behind a slow car and it even kicked back to N at one point.

now is it possable that im lifting off the throtle or shifting at the wrong times of does this sound like a real problem.
360f1driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
holdemjunkie
Banned

Re: 360 shifting problem / question

When you are in a gear it should stay in that gear it should never come out of gear. You deff have a prob somewhere in the tranny, it could be as simple as a bad tranny mount allowing the tranny to move to much causing it to come out of gear. I would deff bring it in somewhere to get looked at
holdemjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
psych0hans
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdemjunkie
When you are in a gear it should stay in that gear it should never come out of gear. You deff have a prob somewhere in the tranny, it could be as simple as a bad tranny mount allowing the tranny to move to much causing it to come out of gear. I would deff bring it in somewhere to get looked at
Yep, it would definitely be advisable to take the car into a dealership to have a look. any maintainence in such cars can cost a ton of money, especially if it concerns the clutch/gearbox. Good luck on your purchase.
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." George W. Bush—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
psych0hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
dekcom
AF Newbie

Woow...
dekcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
GCalo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360f1driver
Hi ALL

im new to the board an am hopeing to get some advice here

Im about to purchace a 99 360 modena f1 but im haveing some issues.

when i drive it it will on upshifts go to neutral. now the current owner tells me this is common and that im not driveing the car hard enough.

that doesnt sound right to me. ive had it happen on the 2 to 3 shift and the 3 to 4 speed MPH does not seem to effect it. it will happen grabing the shift at 7k even 8k and also alot at low rpms. also tryed out auto last night as i was stuck behind a slow car and it even kicked back to N at one point.

now is it possable that im lifting off the throtle or shifting at the wrong times of does this sound like a real problem.

Most likely nothing you are doing.

Remember that the 99 is the first year of the 360 and that F1 system was a hangover from the first introduction on the 355.

The 99 needs software updates!

What you are experiencing is most likely a wear problem on the clutch disc. You need an SD2/3 read of what's going on to tell you what % of the clutch is remaining.

My guess is that that car needs a new clutch. The behavior you mention tells me that's the problem, and it has nothing to do with transmission movement. The transmission is secured to the drivetrain. There is no room for movement.

Find out from service records if/when last replaced.

It's very critical that you know if/when the timing belts have last been changed and if the Ferrari campaign on the variators associated with the belts has been done.

You need to have the car examined by a knowledgeable Ferrari person or you could get stuck with one hell of a repair bill.
GCalo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360