Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 04:59 PM   #16
RBlue
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to RBlue Send a message via AIM to RBlue Send a message via Yahoo to RBlue
Re: Re: Actually I am selling my 3003 360!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker25
Hi Guys.

I just sold my modena 360 after 3 years of use . To be frankly. They give me 2 years warranty for it . The car after 2 years will start to be bad . in the first 2 years the only major problem i had is the F1 transmission which they change it for me under the warranty . After the 2 years ended and the warranty ended the car started really to act bad very bad. its like they know that the modena gonna act bad after 2 years. let me tell you an example. When i drive it for a day for example there is no doubt that the engine dies 3 or 4 times a day its not a problem with the idle its something else which i didnt figure .its funny when my car dies infront of my friends . Really bad situation .

i hated the car .but it was nice for the first 2 years .

Nothing good lasts forever I guess. .
the better something is, the shorter time to enjoy it. .
in MY world. . a Ferrari would go for 900,000 miles or so haha

I would love to own a Ferrari someday, but I'm intimidated.
Do you own or have you owned any other models? How did they hold up?
RBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 12:26 AM   #17
stryker25
AF Newbie

iam not interested to talk about my cars. but all what i say is my next car is a Gallardo gonna recive it in january hopefully with a glass engine hood .
stryker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 01:44 AM   #18
RBlue
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to RBlue Send a message via AIM to RBlue Send a message via Yahoo to RBlue
similar horror stories then, I take it.
The Gallardo seems pretty nice. . the VW/Audi switchgear is a pretty nice touch, IMO. However, with the 6.0, Lamborghini didn't do too bad of a job on the interior.

V10 should make it a pretty fun car.
RBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:51 AM   #19
countach79
AF Enthusiast

Hi all
my uncle has a 360 modena, a silver one ( i know i dont own it but its in the family!!) im a lambo fan all the way but when he takes me for a spin in this thing its awesome! lambos sound much better (V12) but i cant' complain, a ride in a 360 whenever i want is not too bad!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 07:27 AM   #20
-Davo
Banned

Re: Modena Owners???

i'd hate to pay such a large sum of money to only have the car fail after 2 years, that's bull sh*t. Ferrari should take more time in R&D, rather than concentrating on profit.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 10:27 AM   #21
buttuz
AF Newbie

I have a 2001 6 speed and it's worth every penny
buttuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:13 AM   #22
-Davo
Banned

if you can afford that, you can afford a digital camera to post pics.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:17 AM   #23
buttuz
AF Newbie

IS THAT SO! well I dont have to prove shit to you now do I. I will let my video do the talking mine is the black on black on black 360 in the video that you will be seeing right here
http://emilgh.spymac.net/buttuz.vid.wmv
Old 04-30-2004, 09:18 AM   #24
buttuz
AF Newbie

go to ferrari chat you can see all of my lovely photos there
Old 12-30-2004, 07:47 PM   #25
ScuderiFerrari
AF Newbie

I have 6 Ferrari's
ScuderiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #26
shirai
AF Newbie

In case somebody is actually following this thread and are serious about Ferrari ownership, here's a few personal points but first an observation.

The fellow who posted that his Ferrari came with a two year warranty. I'm not saying he is a fraud (I don't know the specifics of his purchase) but Ferrari actually upgraded their warranty to three years. From his post, it appears he bought his Ferrari around 2000 which is the same time frame I purchased mine (October 2000) and I received a 3-year warranty. I think (though am not sure) that all 360 Modena's came with three year warranties. Certainly Canada (where I purchased mine) doesn't seem like it would get preferential treatment. My sales person made a big deal about this since Ferrari didn't need to upgrade their warranties to sell more cars since they were back-ordered at the time.

With respect to the service record of the Modena, the F1 transmission was indeed problematic and I burnt out my clutch right down to the plates. I had to get the entire thing replaced but Ferrari paid for half of it. Since then, they've also replaced the computer on my F1 transmission and it works like a charm. Much (much) better than what it was originally. The car is completely different now. Honestly, I did not enjoy the old computer for weaving around town. It was slow to catch. I seriously had more fun scooting around in the Honda Prelude in regular traffic as its power delivery and handling were far more predictable. The Ferrari, of course, still felt better on the highway despite its funny shifter. The problem was mainly in engaging first gear.

If you are interested in purchase, the newer computers are worlds better than the ones that earlier owners complained about. See if the computer has been upgraded or the car comes with the newer computer. The car drives excellent now.

Note that Ferraris are unique in that there are no model years. The models change throughout the year with little upgrades everytime they think of them. Because of this, you can't say the xxxx model year has this feature so you have to keep this in mind. For example, the water drainage was upgraded for my 360 Modena and it was the first Ferrari (at my dealership) to have it. The sales person noted that it was the first time he had seen that. So anything prior to around October 2000 didn't have the drainage lines in the engine bay and those after that date did.

Anyways, good luck with ownership. You SHOULD expect to pay a lot for service. If you are looking for a car without any problems ever, get a Honda or a Toyota (both of which I've also owned and I still own a Toyota). They are problem free. Ferraris are definitely not the same and service costs are high. Even for people who own Ferraris (and supposedly we can afford anything right?) we sometimes get caught unexpected with high maintenance costs. For example, the timing-belt change and service were around CAD $10,000. Considering that you could buy some cars around this price, it felt high. Note that I think this is cheaper in the states as I called around later to see if the service had been overpriced.

Sunny
shirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #27
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
I don't own one, but I got a ride in one! It was owned by my Dad's cousin Dennis Aase. He owns AASCO Motorsports (in the ALMS, they race 2 Porsche GT3's). It was a 2001 360 Modena F1 Coupe (F1 paddle shifters). By unfourtinatly he sold it for a Lotus Elise, which is still cool. This pic is of me in it. But remeber this was in November of '03.

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 12:58 PM   #28
fezza
AF Newbie

hey my dad has a black 03 ferrari 360 do you think he should get a new F430 or a gallardo or any other alternatives cool bye the way i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ferraris
fezza is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360