Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '96-'00 Civic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
mrc55
AF Newbie

96 Honda Civic power window problem

Recently I asked a question about problem with these power windows. Someone referred me to the wiring connectors on drivers side door, that they could be in bad condition and they were. Wires coming from main wiring harness to the door in very bad condition. I cut the wires from the main wiring harness to the plug as the insulation was off and I feared that it could cause shorting and I taped each of the ends to eliminate the possibility of that. I have gone to junk yard several times to see if I can find the plug going into the door but it seems it is a common problem because when I find the right year car it has already been taken. Any suggestions as to an alternative or does anyone know if there is a repair kit for this? Thanks very much for your help.
mrc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:17 PM   #2
pastaben
AF Newbie

Re: 96 Honda Civic power window problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrc55 View Post
Recently I asked a question about problem with these power windows. Someone referred me to the wiring connectors on drivers side door, that they could be in bad condition and they were. Wires coming from main wiring harness to the door in very bad condition. I cut the wires from the main wiring harness to the plug as the insulation was off and I feared that it could cause shorting and I taped each of the ends to eliminate the possibility of that. I have gone to junk yard several times to see if I can find the plug going into the door but it seems it is a common problem because when I find the right year car it has already been taken. Any suggestions as to an alternative or does anyone know if there is a repair kit for this? Thanks very much for your help.
Don't know if you fixed this already, but I had same problem w/ my HX power windows. I ended up just buying manual window gear. About $150 parts. Then purchased door panels for the DX or the CX models, and now I have manual windows, but they work.

2004 Toyota Sienna XLE, 117,000 (since 2010/60K)
2004 Venture ext LS, 108,750 (since 2007/33K)
2004 Toyota Corolla LE, 153,000 (since 2012/150K)
1996 Honda Civic HX, 252,500 (since 2012/222,900)
pastaben is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '96-'00 Civic