Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #1
raven1822
AF Enthusiast

Opinions on this Lambo forum . . .

Hello everyone,

I was simply wondering what is everyone's (at least those who post here) opinion on this particular forum. What exactly do I mean?? Well my experience here is still relatively new but my experience on other boards is significant. On the other car/bike forums (with the exception of Apriliaforum.com) I do not find the same mentality present. I am time and again overwhelmed at the ignorance, immaturity, and total disrespect I find on many of the forums that I belong too. A perfect example would be the post on present day racism that was on a (will remain nameless) board. I could not believe the response that were offered, needless to say I just stayed out of it (I made the mistake before of trying to debate with young and ignorant closed minded people). Of course there has never been any political or cultural topics approached here, but it seems to me that those who do post here are a much more mature and can discuss topics as such.

Why do I ask this?? Because here I find very little if any of those characteristics. I simply would like to know your thoughts on this excellent Lambo forum and how you feel it compares to the other forums that you may use.

Thanks, Raven
raven1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 08:36 AM   #2
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
I definately agree with you. Those other forums are full of childish immature kids, who don't know how to respect others. This is by far the best forum around in my opinion. About the politcal agenda, I think we try to keep that in the Coffee Talk forum, and I think it's best left there since this area is about cars. But if someone ever brings up politics I'd be willing to express my views along with seeing what others have to say about the particular topic. I think for the most part, if there is some sort of disagreement about something, everyone respects everyone elses opinions no matter how wrong they may think they are. Lastly, everyone in here i think is very mature no matter if they are 13 or 33.
TexasF355F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
raven1822
AF Enthusiast

I can't agree with you more. This is my favorite forum to post on. Everyone seems to hava genuine interest in the topics of choice. Thanks for your reply!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #4
Scarecrow
AF Newbie

Have found it quite interesting so far, and surprised at how many discussions have been about replicas.

Not sure about some of the 'additional' images/information some people include in their profiles, as it all it seems to do is bulk out a thread unnecessarily.

Just my opinion.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:49 PM   #5
lambocars
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs up just my opinion

Hello,

I think most forums will suffer from some 'childish' posts from time to time, but note that the Automotive forums are moderated, and any offending post will be deleted at once, no questions asked.

I'm very pleased to actually see the evolution of this forum the way you see it, apparently the Lamborghini forum hasn't attracted too much negative attention in the past, let's keep it this way ...

It's way more fun if all of us are behaving as adults, even if you're still rather young, it doesn't matter, I've been collecting Lamborghini's from about 15 years old, but the time I was 20 I knew more about these cars than the local dealer ... just take a look at the Lamborghini Cars website, just about every single piece of history found on this site has been written by me personally, based on my collection of books and brochures I was fortunate enough to be able to buy.

Don't have a Lamborghini, but I'm still hoping to be able to buy one in the future, just like probably most people on this forum right ?!?!

Just my 2 cents ...
lambocars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:18 AM   #6
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

I'm another one to agree. It's the perfect place to share my dreams and passions with others that want to share the same too. Even those who already acomplished most of their dreams (by this I mean those who have a Lambo) don't behave as someone different, but instead share their moments and ask about the same questions as we do (many thanks to Tony and Green_Lambo for dedicating so much time satisfying our Lamborghini hunger).
It's also a great place to feed my passion with information, great stories and beautiful pictures. Congratulations to all of you who keep this forum interesting, clean and mature.
spare_me_a_murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 05:29 AM   #7
spare_me_a_murci
AF Enthusiast

Just a bit off-topic... I would like to express my gratitude towards Mark Smeyers for building the best source of Lamborghini information that there is on the web. It was Lambocars.com that brought me to this forum... not only it fulfills almost all that I want to know about my dream car, but also it is a place where I can pretend to live that dream even for just a moment. Great work!!!
spare_me_a_murci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #8
raven1822
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by spare_me_a_murci
I'm another one to agree. It's the perfect place to share my dreams and passions with others that want to share the same too. Even those who already acomplished most of their dreams (by this I mean those who have a Lambo) don't behave as someone different, but instead share their moments and ask about the same questions as we do (many thanks to Tony and Green_Lambo for dedicating so much time satisfying our Lamborghini hunger).
It's also a great place to feed my passion with information, great stories and beautiful pictures. Congratulations to all of you who keep this forum interesting, clean and mature.
Quote:
Just a bit off-topic... I would like to express my gratitude towards Mark Smeyers for building the best source of Lamborghini information that there is on the web. It was Lambocars.com that brought me to this forum... not only it fulfills almost all that I want to know about my dream car, but also it is a place where I can pretend to live that dream even for just a moment. Great work!!!
Very well said. It is funny I thought this thread got lost. Good to see other peoples input.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:29 PM   #9
chocks
AF Regular

... all has been said...
which is why I've been visiting this forum daily. But from August onwards I'll be back in my home country, and don't think I will surf as often as I do here.
chocks is offline   Reply With Quote