Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
hondagirl23
AF Regular

Unhappy Drivers side automatic lock is not working..Other doors work fine...any suggestions?

Automatic door lock does not work on drivers side door. Other doors are ok.Anybody got a suggestion?
hondagirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #2
JP_GD2004
AF Newbie

Re: Drivers side automatic lock is not working..Other doors work fine...any suggestions?

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean it doesn't lock when the rest of them do (such as when you engage the locks from the passenger side) OR do you mean nothing happens when you try to engage the locks from the driver side?

I don't know much about it, but I would guess either way it would be the motor that engages the lock on the driver side. If you think about it, the power lock motor on the driver side would be used more than the others and would wear out sooner just like the driver side power window usually wears out first.
JP_GD2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 05:02 PM   #3
twstice
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to twstice Send a message via Yahoo to twstice
Re: Drivers side automatic lock is not working..Other doors work fine...any suggestions?

i had a problem with my driver side door lock not working at all except if u lock or unlock it manually. i took the door panel off and found out the the motor that engages it to lock and unlock wasnt bolted to the door..., so i just bolted it up and it works fine now. but im not sure if ur having the same problem as i did. if u are....i hope this helps, good luck
twstice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
hondagirl23
AF Regular

Hi, Thanks for the response, I had such good luck finding answers for my accord problem, that i told a friend that i would post the question about his Stratus and see if someone could help him with his problem. He bought the Stratus from one of those dealers that sells used rental cars. eeeek.... The dealer told him that the motor had been replaced in the drivers door and did not know why it did not work. Think he was fibbin? lol Odd, that the dealer would change motor and being it did not work, did not troubleshoot some more.I will also suggest him to check bolts.My bet is it is a bad motor.The other door locks work fine from the drivers door.
hondagirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:37 AM   #5
amac209
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to amac209

does it click or do anything? probably a bad master switch(drivers door) my buddy's jeep did the same thing i unpluged the switch and pluged it back in worked fine. does he have keyless entry? if thats the case there might be a broken wire where the wires come into the door. we run into that all the time in alaska
amac209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:59 PM   #6
cody7
AF Newbie

another thing u could try us to check the wiring going from the door to the car, the wires in there like to break, especially with colder weather, and the drivers door always gets used lol
cody7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #7
patsfantilldeath
AF Newbie

I am having the same problem with my 2004 Sport Trac. All other doors but the drivers side work with the remote or the unlock/lock controls. I have replaced the accuator but it didn't fix the problem. When you lock or unlock the driver side accuator does nothing. It locks and unlocks by the key fine. Seems like an electrical problem. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
patsfantilldeath is offline   Reply With Quote