Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What is Better
MUSTANG GT 20 29.41%
CAMARO Z28 48 70.59%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #121
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Jay2002WS6
Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

There have been too many dumbass arguments... and this one was just the last straw. I have officially flipped the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSUCK

For all of you cobra nuts... think of it this way...

2003+ svt cobra vs 98-2002 SS Camaro + supercharger...
Shut the hell up. The 2003 SVT Cobra is STOCK. There IS NOT an LS1 f-body with a supercharger stock. Quit coming up with stupid comparisons just to keep your GM fanboy dreamworld alive. Fact: Ford supercharged the 2003 Cobra. Fact: GM did not supercharge the F-bodies.

Any car modified enough can beat any stock car. I'll buy a Civic and modify it and beat a 2003 Cobra. Does that mean a Civic is faster or better than a Cobra - just because a modified version is? Shit, no.

The only legitimate way to form opinions on cars to evaluate the way they come form the factory -- because after that, anything goes. If I see one more Die Hard F-Body guy come on here with some lame-ass excuse detracting from the '03 Cobra's dominance, I will rage.

You all need to learn how to give credit where credit is due. Stop whining, stop complaining. The 2003 Cobra is f-ing sweet.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #122
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2002WS6
There have been too many dumbass arguments... and this one was just the last straw. I have officially flipped the switch.

Shut the hell up. The 2003 SVT Cobra is STOCK. There IS NOT an LS1 f-body with a supercharger stock. Quit coming up with stupid comparisons just to keep your GM fanboy dreamworld alive. Fact: Ford supercharged the 2003 Cobra. Fact: GM did not supercharge the F-bodies.

Any car modified enough can beat any stock car. I'll buy a Civic and modify it and beat a 2003 Cobra. Does that mean a Civic is faster or better than a Cobra - just because a modified version is? Shit, no.

The only legitimate way to form opinions on cars to evaluate the way they come form the factory -- because after that, anything goes. If I see one more Die Hard F-Body guy come on here with some lame-ass excuse detracting from the '03 Cobra's dominance, I will rage.

You all need to learn how to give credit where credit is due. Stop whining, stop complaining. The 2003 Cobra is f-ing sweet.
Now thats an awsome post, good job man!
Old 09-07-2003, 09:23 PM   #123
NSUCK
AF Newbie

Ok buddy chill out... someone is jumping the gun here and getting heated over somthing silly. You misunderstood me, I would love it if we could play the Stock vs. Stock game, but the Ford guys keep saying the GT vs Z28 is an unfair comparison (to a point it is, but they are the same catagory) most of their arguement comes from that they could just slap a supercharger on a GT to beat the z28 out, so I was playing the same game with the cobra kids, if they wanna say cobra is better than the SS then why cant we just say slap a s/c on it with the extra cash? which goes back to the point that a honda civic > all of them because you can have so much money to mod it :P so its pointless in the first place
Old 09-08-2003, 10:39 AM   #124
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
Ok buddy chill out... someone is jumping the gun here and getting heated over somthing silly. You misunderstood me, I would love it if we could play the Stock vs. Stock game, but the Ford guys keep saying the GT vs Z28 is an unfair comparison (to a point it is, but they are the same catagory) most of their arguement comes from that they could just slap a supercharger on a GT to beat the z28 out, so I was playing the same game with the cobra kids, if they wanna say cobra is better than the SS then why cant we just say slap a s/c on it with the extra cash? which goes back to the point that a honda civic > all of them because you can have so much money to mod it :P so its pointless in the first place
The arguments for the Mustang GT are equally as retarded.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:58 PM   #125
NSUCK
AF Newbie

which is exactly what I was implying... if they wanna take that route we can too
Old 09-09-2003, 11:20 PM   #126
yojcbeast
AF Newbie

Ok, I need to step in here.

First and foremost, when comparing a Mustang Gt vs. a z28 camaro, it's a fair comparison to a certain point. Ford made the GT to compete with the z28, just because the owners of their GTs know they can't compete, doesn't mean it's unfair or whatever.

So you cobra guys want to compare a 2003 supercharged car to a 2002 z28 that's no longer made? You want to talk hype about how the cobra is fucking sweet. Well, if you can compare the cobra, which is newer than the z28, then it's only fair to say that if we threw a s/c on our z28s then it'd be a different story. I mean, it's ok for you to hype up a car being faster than an older model, but it's not ok for us to say if we s/c'd ours it'd be a different story? Fucking hypocrites. If you want to compare a 2002 cobra vs. a 2002 ss. that's fine talk your shit and lose. If you want to compare a 2003 cobra to a 2002 ss, expect the supercharge shit to come in cuz u brought it on yourself..

Also, recently I saw a 2002 ss for sale with 9k miles selling for a whooping 19k. man that extra money could be used for something reallll nice. How much is the cobra? 35k-40k. Another question for ya, how many 2003 Cobras are out there? Not fucking many. Look at ford's numbers, they're so low that you'll be lucky to see one in your neighborhood. HAHA, don't make me talk about the Camaro ZL1!!!

HAHA
Old 09-10-2003, 06:44 AM   #127
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yojcbeast
So you cobra guys want to compare a 2003 supercharged car to a 2002 z28 that's no longer made? You want to talk hype about how the cobra is fucking sweet. Well, if you can compare the cobra, which is newer than the z28, then it's only fair to say that if we threw a s/c on our z28s then it'd be a different story. I mean, it's ok for you to hype up a car being faster than an older model, but it's not ok for us to say if we s/c'd ours it'd be a different story? Fucking hypocrites. If you want to compare a 2002 cobra vs. a 2002 ss. that's fine talk your shit and lose. If you want to compare a 2003 cobra to a 2002 ss, expect the supercharge shit to come in cuz u brought it on yourself..
I explained this situation already. Did you not read my post about SC GT VS SC Z28? I said the Z28 would probably LOOSE the race because the GT has .8 less compression meaning you can boost it a lot more on pump gas.
And also like I said there is no roots blower for the LS1, so you cannot compare the cobra to a SC'd SS. If you want to compare a SC'd SS to a SC'd older cobra go ahead. I'm not sure of the CR on the older cobra so I'll have to get back to you on that one.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:59 AM   #128
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Also, recently I saw a 2002 ss for sale with 9k miles selling for a whooping 19k. man that extra money could be used for something reallll nice. How much is the cobra? 35k-40k. Another question for ya, how many 2003 Cobras are out there? Not fucking many. Look at ford's numbers, they're so low that you'll be lucky to see one in your neighborhood. HAHA, don't make me talk about the Camaro ZL1!!!

HAHA
WTF??? You're comparing a used SS to a new cobra?
I don't see many SS's either buddy. I see like 50 GT's everyday, maybe 2 Z28's. 1 SS a week. How much is the ZL1?
BTW how many V6 mustangs do you see everyday? A hell of a lot more than V6 camaros. Mustangs sell more, period.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:24 AM   #129
NSUCK
AF Newbie

I see tons of 6cyl stangs/GT's.. but you know who's driving them? OLD PEOPLE, why? because they are image cars... I really dont belive they have the preformance to back up the name at this point in time, the people that are buying them dont know anybetter... why do you think ford sells so many vehicles? they market to the idiots that dont know what they are buying.. 90% of the market is idiots, or people that dont want a preformance car...

and btw.. I see atleast 1 ss/z28 a day.. usually 3 or so
Old 09-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #130
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I see tons of 6cyl stangs/GT's.. but you know who's driving them? OLD PEOPLE, why? because they are image cars... I really dont belive they have the preformance to back up the name at this point in time, the people that are buying them dont know anybetter... why do you think ford sells so many vehicles? they market to the idiots that dont know what they are buying.. 90% of the market is idiots, or people that dont want a preformance car...

I can't even remember the last time I saw an old person driving a mustang. It's always young kids that can't afford anything over 20K, which is fine cuz neither can I.
Like the camaro isn't an image car? Why don't you think before you write again please.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:21 PM   #131
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af

Quote:

I see tons of them as well, but it's not just older folks who drive them. More often than not it is middle aged and younger people driving them. And even if the case were that they are all older folks, why would the older folks care about image? What do they have to prove to you? Im sure they bought the car because they like it, not because they think it will make them look good to other people. Would you like to post a link where you got the "90% of the market is idiots" part from, because I would really like to see that. I agree with PWMAN, think before you say something, You dont know 90% of the market, which means you cant very well make the statement that they are idiots, you dont know me or what I would buy, does that make me part of that 90%. Im not trying to be an ass, but do you see what Im saying?

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #132
Jay2002WS6
AF Regular

Quote:
Ok, I need to step in here.

First and foremost, when comparing a Mustang Gt vs. a z28 camaro, it's a fair comparison to a certain point. Ford made the GT to compete with the z28, just because the owners of their GTs know they can't compete, doesn't mean it's unfair or whatever.

HAHA
You start out by making good points. Then you turn into a fanboy. How many times must I f-ing say it? GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:48 PM   #133
NSUCK
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILike2DriveCars
I see tons of them as well, but it's not just older folks who drive them. More often than not it is middle aged and younger people driving them. And even if the case were that they are all older folks, why would the older folks care about image? What do they have to prove to you? Im sure they bought the car because they like it, not because they think it will make them look good to other people. Would you like to post a link where you got the "90% of the market is idiots" part from, because I would really like to see that. I agree with PWMAN, think before you say something, You dont know 90% of the market, which means you cant very well make the statement that they are idiots, you dont know me or what I would buy, does that make me part of that 90%. Im not trying to be an ass, but do you see what Im saying?
so are you saying the the market and society ARE NOT sheep? because if you dont think so then you need to see what side of that 90% your on :P
Old 09-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #134
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
so are you saying the the market and society ARE NOT sheep? because if you dont think so then you need to see what side of that 90% your on :P
What he is saying is that you pulled that 90 percent number out of your ass.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:49 AM   #135
jon@af
The Media Guy

Send a message via AIM to jon@af
Re: Re: Re: Re: Ford Mustang GT VS Chevrolet Camaro Z28

Quote:
You know what? Im not even going to bother with you. Do you know why? Because no matter what I say, or what facts I put in your face, you'll always be right, you don't like being proven wrong, so you won't let yourself be. You're just going to keep coming back with comment after comment, so Im going to stop right now before I get pissed at your ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
What he is saying is that you pulled that 90 percent number out of your ass.
Yes, thank you PWMAN.

AF User Guidelines <----Click and read if you don't know these.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

A Blog By Swigz

Cotidie damnatur qui semper timet; Aquila non captat muscas.