Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:21 PM   #46
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide

nope hes TT but when he compression tested he only got 65 PSI out of 4 of the Cyl and like 150 out of the others... no im jk hes N/A but i think his car is in pretty bad shape...seems to have a pretty nice tick to it.
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #47
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monooxide
nope hes TT but when he compression tested he only got 65 PSI out of 4 of the Cyl and like 150 out of the others... no im jk hes N/A but i think his car is in pretty bad shape...seems to have a pretty nice tick to it.
well if he is losing compression in a cylinder he is definitely not running to the best of his ability.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
k3smostwanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 03:25 PM   #48
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Damn, with all these hottie's running around I think I'll lock my cars in the shop and go hide in the closet.
I personally think there's a few Z owners here that would be more than happy to show there donkey to a civic.
Myself, I guess I've been lucky as I haven't run across any of these fantom "2 fast 2 furious" civic's in my travels. But If I did run across one, I'd be willing to place a very large sum of money on a winner take all race with one.
Zgringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:18 PM   #49
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

and as for stock i could smoke a stock shitvic in my old 1.9 sohc tempo automatic running 87 come on think im slow lol
the civic was
boosted ball bearing at that
had a exhaust
hard tube intake
remapped comp
i think he said b18 im not sure
he got his motor done by our local honda guy hes doner like 20 to 30 swaps ands hes only like 23 so ya anyway
choice weight reduction and no ac
so ya if thats stock i want one
come on now i was running
9 psi boost
2 and a half" exhaust
3" stainless steel mesh intake
high performance ignition tune up(plugs wire cap rotor and coil)
my choice weight reduction as in no pwr str no ac no carpet (stripped int.) no mechanicle fan (replaced with electirc)and others that i dont have time to list
i was saying that they all say its all stock thats there trade mark is to say itsd stock allthough its so far from stock its funny
so yeah i think it would be a good waste of gas
and who made the comment of winner takes all???
want me to go talkl to the honda bopys see if they can bring a "STOCK HONDA" over to race for winner takes all??
lets see 1300lbs + 300 reliable horse = quick but 1300lbs + no reliability = hold on
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 PM   #50
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

so if your serius about the race i think the honda boys will be up to it
ill see if they can bring me to drive there winnings home too lol but seriosly i will talk to them and i bet they can give me a date and no the car wouldnt be assembled just yet so let me know nd ill talk to them as soon as iget on here and you give me the word
Old 04-24-2005, 06:58 PM   #51
monooxide
Banned

Send a message via AIM to monooxide Send a message via MSN to monooxide

I was kidding about the compression lost and him being TT.
monooxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:29 PM   #52
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
so if your serius about the race i think the honda boys will be up to it
ill see if they can bring me to drive there winnings home too lol but seriosly i will talk to them and i bet they can give me a date and no the car wouldnt be assembled just yet so let me know nd ill talk to them as soon as iget on here and you give me the word
We'll be in Englishtown in June. Problem is the only thing we'll have is a kinda stock 350Z. Only changes made to it is the frame, body, suspension and a engine with a few mods. Oh yea, the emblems are stock, but the steering wheel is a racing steering wheel.

Tell me more about this 1,300 lb Civic that has 300HP.
I've been told a Civic weighs 2100 lb, and I know for a fact that one of the best turns 9.78@147.50MPH, but their's been 1 that was unoffical run a 9.2@162MPH.
Now maybe your friends have some sort of secret weapon unknown to man, it seems you guys have a way of extracting power out of cars no one else knows about.
Maybe I'll have to go out there and learn some tuning technic's

Last edited by Zgringo; 04-25-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #53
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
We'll be in Englishtown in June. Problem is the only thing we'll have is a stock 350Z. Only changes made to it is the frame, body, suspension and a engine with a few mods. Oh yea, the emblems are stock, but the steering wheel is a racing steering wheel.

Tell me more about this 1,300 lb Civic that has 300HP.
I've been told a Civic weighs 2100 lb, and I know for a fact that one of the best turns 9.78@147.50MPH, but their's been 1 that was unoffical run a 9.2@162MPH.
Now maybe your friends have some sort of secret weapon unknown to man, it seems you guys have a way of extracting power out of cars no one else knows about.
Maybe I'll have to go out there and learn some tuning technic's

stock a civic weighs about 2200, and thats stock
dont forget i added weight reduction in that statement, and these boys got dough unlike my broke ass. as in they strip the carpet put in the race seats strip the engine bay of anything known as dead weight ... then the diough comes in for a carbon fiber hood fenders door skins front and rear bumpers trunck lid and probablyt more than that but thats the basics and i dont know the exact weight i just know they dont tin can it they carbon can it lol
and as for the best times is that the lowest??? it seems as though theyed be competing in the fwd clkass inm the championships id think and there runnin mid 7's last i knew and they got the weight of the cage (sounds stupid cuz hello there bodies dont weigh sheet but then again when the boys get done with there weight reduction theres dont weigh sheet either only they dont put the cage into theres
Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM   #54
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: 89 300ZX vs 91 240SX

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
stock a civic weighs about 2200, and thats stock
dont forget i added weight reduction in that statement, and these boys got dough unlike my broke ass. as in they strip the carpet put in the race seats strip the engine bay of anything known as dead weight ... then the diough comes in for a carbon fiber hood fenders door skins front and rear bumpers trunck lid and probablyt more than that but thats the basics and i dont know the exact weight i just know they dont tin can it they carbon can it lol
and as for the best times is that the lowest??? it seems as though theyed be competing in the fwd clkass inm the championships id think and there runnin mid 7's last i knew and they got the weight of the cage (sounds stupid cuz hello there bodies dont weigh sheet but then again when the boys get done with there weight reduction theres dont weigh sheet either only they dont put the cage into theres
They don't run in the 7's and in any drag assoc. The rule's state, cars under 10's need a full roll cage and a drag chute for openers. Plus a 5 point seat belt, a driveshaft loop. Car also need fuel cells, external fuel shut off, engine bay fire system.
I checked with a personal friend who own's Fiber Tech and he said if the complete civic was carbon they couldn't get it down to 1,300 lb. and in checking with 4 different drag racing assoc. can't find any civic's running in the 7's. But thats OK, cause like I said, we'll be at Englishtown in June, and the bet is still on, but I know they won't let the car run unless it passes tech. inspection.
Like I said, there's a few guys here that might have there cars done by June that would be more than happy to pick up a few extra bucks, and if they can't make it, I'd love to take there money. Mid 7's just won't cut it.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:22 PM   #55
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

so now your trying to win by default ???? and i said they were running with not at mid 7's and are you saying that you got a z 32 under that ???
is it streetable
these guys wouldnt trailer it down theyed drive it now come on
and as for the regulations now its gotta be on a track??? i thought that inspection was done at a gas station down the road from my house
and let me gusee no saturn breaks down to the 7's either???
LISA KUBOS
also you got a sponsor???
what you got done to your car???
and you think these boys gonna let a technicality get them
why dont you take them on the street i mean come on i was willing to go to you i could be a dick and say you come here (all we gots an 1\8th and i thought the street would work)
but anyway why dont you bring your ride up here and we'll take it down the street and you gotta walk home or loser does
Old 04-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #56
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

i'm sorry, but i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you will find ANY honda... make that 99.99999% of street cars that can run mid 7's and still be streetable.... unless of course you're talking about 1/8th of a mile times...

you talk a lot of shit for someone who just blew up his motor.... albert isn't a man to be messed with.. just a warning
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:34 AM   #57
ExTrEmEDrIfT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via MSN to ExTrEmEDrIfT Send a message via Yahoo to ExTrEmEDrIfT

lmfao dood a civic that runs 7's and is streetable hmmm maybe the whole car is made of stickers

and your just going by what your friend told you and you actually believe that crap you are gullable..

wait my bad i believe your friends civic running 7's is possible and still be street legal......................

7's in the 1/8th mile

Past Z Car Crew

[The Enemy Of Your Enemy is Your Friend]

>>Keep Your Friends close : But Keep Your Enemies Even Closer <<
ExTrEmEDrIfT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:35 AM   #58
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

thats the lovely catch to the lovely thing called boost just because its high boost one second dosent mean it is the next
you all know what a plymouth reliant is????
ever see one that is stock motor run in the 10's?
i have smoked a supra...
boost.... what a lovely thing
30 psi boost + 1 plymouth reliant = 10 seconds
so what a heavily modified shitvic gonna run when its a carbon can running 30 psi outa h22 thats been race built from pan to cover oh wait thats a civic thats not even a high boost for one of those we want the motor to have pistons that are onl;y have the size as when the race starts when the race is over.... no not really but do you know that over 700 hp can come out a honda with no machinne work being necesary????
and thats without the nos....
and you were being cocky so i had to defend and if push comes to shove i might wanna push there buttons and see what they come up with
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #59
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Stephenp, If horse shit was gold you'd be a millionair.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #60
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

which part ??? you doubt the 10 sec reliant????
next time i go to the speed shop ill have the guy tell me the website that he showed me i didnt believe it either then i saw it and i never said the cars running mid 7's were streetable i never even said the car my buddie would make would be allthough it will pass inspection unless you dont allow the use of a dump out
so wheres the shit being talked ?? im alot of the weight issue must be i dont know the weight it was an uneducated guess and the reliant story is true didnt see first hand saw it on the net at the local speed shop
700 hp out a unmachined honda motor very possible they all unbolt and bolt back together with mods such as new cylinder walls that require no machining that allow unusual amounts of boost
i mean come on they are a legend for what they are thats the reason everybody loves the shitvic you can mod the hell out of them and get retarded performance for fwd
cams require no machining turbo no machining
go look around the net for hi po honda stuff and see what requires machining and what doesnt ....
i have heard od a local running 30 psi with no problems to his honda and the only thing thast ever went wrong from that was the intercooler poped off a pipe at one time ooops
but any way so nw there are regulations to winner takes all then i forfiet due to you being a ajhgrhwcfk so nopw that i know where you stand ill just hop out of the line and make a new one

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)