Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Best country for automakers?
America 14 19.72%
Japan 12 16.90%
Britain 1 1.41%
Germany 23 32.39%
Italy 13 18.31%
Korea 1 1.41%
France 3 4.23%
Sweden 2 2.82%
Other? 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 09:36 PM   #106
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by YJHeD
Moppie: Are you telling on CoperHead? You must be the tough guy in the room. Telling on everybody that offends you. I think you should go back to elementry school buddy and grow some balls.

I dont have to tell on Copperhead, I just press a little button with ban on it. And I can assure my balls are much much bigger than yours :finger:

I suggest you have a read of the guidlines before you get to carried away here, your post was inacurate at best, irrational and insulting at worst.
Old 12-05-2002, 10:28 PM   #107
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Moppie

I dont have to tell on Copperhead, I just press a little button with ban on it. And I can assure my balls are much much bigger than yours :finger:

I suggest you have a read of the guidlines before you get to carried away here, your post was inacurate at best, irrational and insulting at worst.
and irritating in the middle

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 12-06-2002, 04:09 AM   #108
YJHeD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to YJHeD
Talking

Wow, we have some tough guys in the room. People who like to tell on each other, think they know everything, and people who can't argue. But then again that's very typical of arrogant Europeans.

Crazyjay: I never said that Cadillac invented the system, I just said you won't find it on the beloved Italian exotics you morons pay for. Oh yeah--please cling on to your history because you barely have a present and no forseeable future unless, of course, the US grants you the privilege of becoming its 51st state. Until then, you may keep prancing around in your nightgowns and sipping tea.

Jimmy: I guess if you "aren't" a European then you "aren't" a European. I guess you "aren't" an English professor either. IMHO the exhaust note of a Corvette sounds a hell of a lot better than a Maserati. And the last review I heard of the Maserati was that it was a poorly made piece of crap. Your Alfa has buckloads or torque??? That's pretty funny, please tell me the numbers on how much torque your Alfa has. So you towed a Caravan across town?? Wow, a Dodge Ram can tow 14,000 lbs. dumb ass. Yeah, that probably weighs more than the home you live in. Your explanation of how ABS works was pretty funny too. Did you read that off a magazine ad?

Stefanel: You do see American cars all over the place. Half of your "European" companies are owned by American companies. Why would Chevy ship their cars over to Europe when you're already buying the Saab and Opel? Why would Ford send SUVs and cars over seas when you already love the Land Rover and Aston Martin? Please explain.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:40 AM   #109
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Wow, we have some tough guys in the room. People who like to tell on each other, think they know everything, and people who can't argue. But then again that's very typical of arrogant Europeans.

Crazyjay: I never said that Cadillac invented the system, I just said you won't find it on the beloved Italian exotics you morons pay for. Oh yeah--please cling on to your history because you barely have a present and no forseeable future unless, of course, the US grants you the privilege of becoming its 51st state. Until then, you may keep prancing around in your nightgowns and sipping tea.

Jimmy: I guess if you "aren't" a European then you "aren't" a European. I guess you "aren't" an English professor either. IMHO the exhaust note of a Corvette sounds a hell of a lot better than a Maserati. And the last review I heard of the Maserati was that it was a poorly made piece of crap. Your Alfa has buckloads or torque??? That's pretty funny, please tell me the numbers on how much torque your Alfa has. So you towed a Caravan across town?? Wow, a Dodge Ram can tow 14,000 lbs. dumb ass. Yeah, that probably weighs more than the home you live in. Your explanation of how ABS works was pretty funny too. Did you read that off a magazine ad?

Stefanel: You do see American cars all over the place. Half of your "European" companies are owned by American companies. Why would Chevy ship their cars over to Europe when you're already buying the Saab and Opel? Why would Ford send SUVs and cars over seas when you already love the Land Rover and Aston Martin? Please explain.

Oooooohhh.....sweet I'm in the mood for a bit of 0wnership

I typed that posted in a hell of a hurry, my grammar was probably a little pissy, boo-hoo life goes on.

As for the review of the Maserati- interesting- because I spent a few weeks with a 1999 3200GT Auto back in June and the build was impossible to fault- on a 20,000 Km car there was not a single squeak or rattle and I had a poke around- SIMPLY flawless. I get to drive all these Itallian exotics as I am the General Manager of one of Genoas numerous FIAT dealerships, as well as stocking Alfa Romeo and Lancia.

I can't give a torque figure, because I was never interested in Torqe- I want a light nimble car with a lively chassis and responsive engine, not a stupid-ass straights beater and WHY IN FUCKS NAME would I want to tow 14,000lbs????? absolutley pointless really and I towed that Caravan from my friend in Turins house all the way around North Italy as we did a little "road trip" so I could get to know Italy a bit more.

My description of ABS comes from personal experience fucktard.

The reason for American cars not being sold anywhere outside America is they are 1- Too big and impractical 2- The US has shitty roads so a soft, soggy car is appropriate, but European roads are vastly superior, so we can drive tightly suspended drivers cars over the glass smooth roads with out so much as a jitter. 3- They are badly built and made of cheap-shit materials 4- They use too much fuel which is not a good idea when you consider the fact taht Europeans use FAR more refined fuel than the Yanks. 5- They are butt ugly and failing that boring- Style is everything in Europe. 6- I could go on I really could but I'm starting to feel sorry for you- you have been owned so many time that you would be a good investment on the share market.

As for your comments about England being a 51st State dream on loser- if it weren't for the Brits America would be nothing but a useless wasteland. This is why the world hates America- not a suprise really. Thank god I was bought up in a society heavily influenced by British culture (NZ) otherwise I would pity turning out like you

Something interesting to ponder:

Ford introduced the European built Ka, Mondeo and (soon) Focus to the New Zealand market and they sold alongside veteran Australian Falcon/Fairmont- all of these cars post sky-high sales respective of thier class. They introduce the Explorer, Escape and Mustang- the Ford has barely sold 1 Mustang- the Escape and Explorer are getting pasted by the CRV and RAV4 in the way of sales.

Holden (GM) introduced the Corsa, Astra, Vectra and Zafira to the NZ market (All from Europe) these cars are sell-out successes- the Australian built Commdore is New Zealands best selling car. They introduced the Suburban- it flopped after 5 months on the market.

Also Chrysler Neon was removed due to poor sales, the Voyager gets a good parting from the Oddysey, Previa and Renault Scenic and the Jeep models seem to be the only American cars doing any decent.

Figures came from an Autotrader that Moss sent me a week ago and nemerous NZ Autocar price-lists (Which I can scan all if you like)

Old 12-06-2002, 05:41 AM   #110
taranaki
Banned

Quote:

Well,Mr Hed............
This is your final warning.Come into the forums with this kind of crappy atitude again,you will be an ex-member.Troll posting is not permitted at AF,go find somewhere else to be offensive if you need to get it out of your system.If your profile is to be trusted,you are not a schoolkid.Stop with the schoolkid attitude.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:51 AM   #111
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

in fact screw it- nobody reply to this morons constant pleas for attention- just ignore him- he'll go away. He doesn't speak any truth- he knows it we know it the whole of AF knows it- let's just let him die a quiet death- in fact I might suggest closing this thread, before anything comes about

Old 12-06-2002, 08:20 AM   #112
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Our friend YJHeD is too funny ! ...

Europe is going to fall, exact ? what is the first economic power in the world ? not your so superficial America, it's the EU.
Opel Land and Saab belong to American makers... ok, Mack belongs to Renault, Chrysler to Mercedes, and so on.
As Jimmy said, models which are conceived in the USA are not sold in Europe, Asia, NZ, etc. Another example, Chrysler never sold cars in Europe (except the Voyager which is far behind the Renault Espace), neither Ford US (Explorer, etc.), nor GM. Because it's made in the USA for the american market. There are only you (who are very patriotic) to buy you shit... oh, sorry, your poor car.
But you'll maybe, some day, know how to make cars as europeans
Seriously, American car are late of a decade, maybe more. Look on the handling : a current Voyager for example can't compete with the first Espace (1984), a Sebring with a BMW 3 series (E36), etc. etc. etc.

You car are indeed boring and ineffective on road. Why do American people drive so slow ? because their cars can't drive faster. If there was no so stupid speed limits and so straight line roads there, GM, Ford and Chrysler would have to close their doors or to improve a lot their car's technology... I think it'd have been the first solution and that you'd have only european or japanese cars in your country which has otherwise many qualities.

Just a last thing : english people are not as fat (even if they don't eat better food than you... sorry crayzayjay ), as American people, that's a fact... 7% of american women weigh more than 175kg !!!!!!!!! excuse me I don't know how much it makes in your mesure but that's enormous. :oh:

Citroėn C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 12-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #113
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
Quote:
Actually Mercedes Benz invented that several years ago .. destroy that! i love it when you brag about being right about something and then you get shown up to be wrong.... fantastic

Actually Cadillac invented that in the 20s.

Quote:
and WHY IN FUCKS NAME would I want to tow 14,000lbs????? absolutley pointless

Its not pointless,if your a constuction worker,you might want one.If you own a party boat or a camper,you might want one.There are several reasons to want to own one of these,if there werent then they wouldnt be made and they wouldnt sell so well.

Quote:
As for your comments about England being a 51st State dream on loser- if it weren't for the Brits America would be nothing but a useless wasteland. This is why the world hates America- not a suprise really. Thank god I was bought up in a society heavily influenced by British culture (NZ) otherwise I would pity turning out like you

If it werent for Brits America would be nothing but a wasteland?Open up a history book pal.A bunch of British people chose to come over here on there own will because they didnt have religous freedom over in Britain.And when they were over here Britain was still putting out 20 nonsence laws each year so thats basically started the American Revoulutionary War.which we all know Britain got blown away in that war.So dont be telling me that your country is the reason were here.

Quote:
Well,Mr Hed............This is your final warning.Come into the forums with this kind of crappy atitude again,you will be an ex-member.Troll posting is not permitted at AF,go find somewhere else to be offensive if you need to get it out of your system.If your profile is to be trusted,you are not a schoolkid.Stop with the schoolkid attitude.

If you bann him than I suggest you get rid of everybody that has participated in this thread.EVERBODY in this thread has been offensive.And everybody has a crappy attitude toward a country.Brits hate us,we hate Brits but hey,life goes on.If someone is picking on how your country make cars o well,suck it up and get over it.NO country is perfect when it comes to cars.

Quote:
You car are indeed boring and ineffective on road. Why do American people drive so slow ? because their cars can't drive faster. If there was no so stupid speed limits and so straight line roads there, GM, Ford and Chrysler would have to close their doors or to improve a lot their car's technology... I think it'd have been the first solution and that you'd have only european or japanese cars in your country which has otherwise many qualities.

It was probably the best idea for America to have speed limits.If there were no speed limits hundreds os thousainds would be dieing on the raods.We have these punk teenagers that have harldy any knowlegde of driving or arent mature enough to be behind the wheel.I was watching a show on the German Autobaun the other day and it was crazy how many were dieing because of the speedlimits on the stretch of highway.

Quote:
Just a last thing : english people are not as fat (even if they don't eat better food than you... sorry crayzayjay ), as American people, that's a fact... 7% of american women weigh more than 175kg !!!!!!!!! excuse me I don't know how much it makes in your mesure but that's enormous. h:

Who cares how fat people are?Is this fatassforums.com or automotive forums.com.Lets stick to the subject and learn to get along.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:04 PM   #114
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:
If you bann him than I suggest you get rid of everybody that has participated in this thread.EVERBODY in this thread has been offensive.And everybody has a crappy attitude toward a country.Brits hate us,we hate Brits but hey,life goes on.If someone is picking on how your country make cars o well,suck it up and get over it.NO country is perfect when it comes to cars.

No.............What HE did was come into this thread and start flaming our nations to kingdom-come.

WE got pissed off with that and felt the need to defend our countries.

Had he not entered this thread we would all be getting along fine.

Now refer to my post above Stephanels please.

Still hoping the thread will be closed soon- This is getting out of hand

Old 12-06-2002, 05:50 PM   #115
del
móddə rąytər

good idea Jimmy_11!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons