Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
SunDog67
AF Newbie

How do I positively identify a swapped in 4 cyl motor that is in the 2000 nissan frontier that I just bought?

It was being sold as having 164K on the odometer, but with a newer 4cyl engine with only 75K from a 2005 Xterra. I took the guys word for it, and I still believe him at this point, but it needs a tune up and I want to positively identify the engine.

These are the stock specs on my truck:

2000 NISSAN FRONTIER XE
CLUB CAB PICKUP
2.4L I4 FI DOHC
REAR WHEEL DRIVE

It looks just like this one:

After buying the truck, we hit walmart for plugs and oil, filters, etc. The machine that u enter ur cars info into only showed a 6cyl motor for a 2005 Xterra, so I called the guy back and he said maybe it was a 2004 motor that was put in?

So, I'm going to go look at my motor in a bit, but I was hoping u guys could help me figure out what I have. I imagine there is an engine code stamped into the block?

If it helps, here is a pic of the engine that I took the other day when first checking out the truck:

I'll probly be posting more pics soon.

Thx
SunDog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
SunDog67
AF Newbie

Re: How do I positively identify a swapped in 4 cyl motor that is in the 2000 nissan frontier that I just bought?

Here are more pics. I pulled the plugs and took pics of both sides. Note the order of the plugs as indicated.

I thought that I could possibly cross reference the number on the plugs (Autolite 3924 double platinum) to help identify the motor.

Here are more pics of the engine:

This last one I thought may be an engine code, it was way down on the lower driver side of the block and hard to see. So I reached as far as I could and took a few pics with my cel phone. After a few blurry shots, this is the best one, and I cracked up when I finally was able to read it:

NISSAN

HECHO EN MEXICO

Thx
Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
SunDog67
AF Newbie

Re: How do I positively identify a swapped in 4 cyl motor that is in the 2000 nissan frontier that I just bought?

Here is another shot on the bottom drivers side which I took while laying under the truck. I think the stamp reads 0413A or D413A.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
SunDog67
AF Newbie

I took the truck to the local nissan dealership and the parts guy looked at the engine and said it is s KA24DE. So, I got new NGK plugs, oil, oil filter, and air cleaner and gave it a tune up. It runs like a champ now, with some minor issues yet to be researched.

BTW, in case anyone was wondering, the wiki page says that "Most KA24DEs bound for the US were built in the Mexican city of Aguascalientes, with the exceptions of ..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_KA_engine