Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #136
Archetype123
AF Newbie

Re: Yamaha Tech 3 + Laguna Seca

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew59it View Post

Your work is FANTASTIC!!! I have a question I've been wondering about for a while... How on earth did you paint the small 'Brembo' letters? I've never been able to figure this out, and you guys make it look so perfect!

Again, brilliant work!
Archetype123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #137
andrew59it
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype123 View Post
Your work is FANTASTIC!!! I have a question I've been wondering about for a while... How on earth did you paint the small 'Brembo' letters? I've never been able to figure this out, and you guys make it look so perfect!

Again, brilliant work!
Thanks Arch
it's easy. You have to use two differente paints, usually enamel and acrylic. I paint the caliper in enamel (gold, silver, titanium etc) . When the paint is dry with a small brush I use tamiya acrylic red to put paint into the recessed letters. After a while with a cotton swab moistened with alchool I remove the excess paint. It's important the swab is always clean so I turn it in my finger every stroke and there is not too much alchol, jut moistened.....
andrew59it is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrew59it For This Useful Post:
Archetype123 (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #138
Archetype123
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew59it View Post
Thanks Arch
it's easy. You have to use two differente paints, usually enamel and acrylic. I paint the caliper in enamel (gold, silver, titanium etc) . When the paint is dry with a small brush I use tamiya acrylic red to put paint into the recessed letters. After a while with a cotton swab moistened with alchool I remove the excess paint. It's important the swab is always clean so I turn it in my finger every stroke and there is not too much alchol, jut moistened.....
Thanks so much! It's just one of those things that should be so obvious, but it's not to me.

I'll be trying this next time, thanks again.
Archetype123 is offline   Reply With Quote