Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #16
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Re: ModellingMaster.com - transkits, photo-etched and decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il dottore View Post
That celica is on it`s way. Rumours are that Reji models is working on that.
Well, rumors don't make models !!
And I'm not sure I'd like Reji being the one to release it... This is a ghostbrand to me, I would prefer a brand which it's possible to discuss with (and eventually get spare parts from which is impossible from Reji).
Butwhy not, if the kit is good, this is a really wanted still missing group B.

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
firun
AF Regular

Well, the primaries highlights these prototypes for models in order of appearance in this thread:
  • Toytota Celica Gr.B
  • Nissan 240 RS
  • Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2
  • Mitsubishi Starion 4WD Group B
  • Triumph TR7
  • Lancia Fulvia
  • Nissan Violet GT
  • Opel Ascona
  • Opel Manta 400
  • VW Golf MkII
  • Lancia 037 1000 Lakes
  • Opel Kadett Gsi
  • Toyota Celica ST165
  • Subaru Impreza'07 WRC

And now for something completely different...
We want to know your thoughts on possible 1/24 scale model/transkit of Mercedes-Benz W126 SE/SEL, which early 3D printed body is pictured here:

Everyone of us in ModellingMaster has their favorite models or brands - like Porsche, Mercedes, Toyota Celica etc, so feel free to add your thoughts not only on rally cars, but also on passenger cars which are your favorite.

P.S. Thanks Pablo for his incredible 3D work!

My kits collection.
firun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
O'Ranki
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motometalix View Post
Hi guys! What do you think about the Celica RA40? I have all to do this transkit, and most importantly - desire
I'd like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaster View Post
Even never entered tarmac rally if I'm not wrong...
Well, it has. Tour de Corse 1981:

(That's the version I'd like to have. Others might like the one with round headlights. So optional parts please )
O'Ranki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #19
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

oh yes I forgot 81 TdC, where they didn't finish in first five because the car doesn't appear in my final first 5 ranking.

The mercedes is for me totally uninteresting.
You should go on with rallycars and keep the inoccupied spot of those special rally cars. They are good sellers for sure.

that's why I'm thinking the TR7 wouldn't be a good choice, it may mostly interest GB builders, it has been done in plastic, and it didn't regularly entered the world championship.
Same for the starion, even if being a Gr. B.
The ascona and Manta have also been done, plus or minus well done but done.

A peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 will for sure get a lot of success, it may interest people just because it was the french winning car but also interest builders from country one of their driver drove the car.

The Celica is also a very popular car all around the world and very representative of african rallies wins.

A Lancia 037 Thousand lakes model...? yes, but why not a SanRemo or Portugal model too ?
A gravel conversion will be interesting if you provide several possibilities on the decal sheet.

My personal top three are:
1- Celica Gr. B (85 and/or 86)
2- Nissan 240 RS (84 year may be better, it's the one with left hand drive car most privateer had so offering more possibilities...)
3- 205 T16 Evo2

but you're the only one to decide...

Old 09-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #20
O'Ranki
AF Newbie

Quote:
A Lancia 037 Thousand lakes model...? yes, but why not a SanRemo or Portugal model too ?
A gravel conversion will be interesting if you provide several possibilities on the decal sheet.
Yes, of course more options. I suggested 1000 lakes just because I'm a finn.
As for the W126 Benz, I agree with rallymaster. W123 would be much more interesting.
O'Ranki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #21
Il dottore
AF Regular

Quote:
Well, rumors don't make models !!
And I'm not sure I'd like Reji being the one to release it... This is a ghostbrand to me, I would prefer a brand which it's possible to discuss with (and eventually get spare parts from which is impossible from Reji).
Butwhy not, if the kit is good, this is a really wanted still missing group B.
That`s why it is a rumor. I know that they asked for al the pictures that we make of this car at the eifelrally last year.
And spare parts impossible? A friend of me bought a rs200 with a really bad hood. He got a new one straight away after 1 mail.
Il dottore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
Il dottore
AF Regular

I would kill for a good manta 400. I`m still missing one car in the list you guys made : de volvo 240.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #23
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Ranki View Post
Yes, of course more options. I suggested 1000 lakes just because I'm a finn.
As for the W126 Benz, I agree with rallymaster. W123 would be much more interesting.
That's how I got it !
And I would also prefer a 1000 lakes version to the common SanRemo etc versions...
By the way especially if this is the 84 event where the 037 got the second and third places among 4WD cars.
But they also got same result in 84 Portugal or again in 85 Portugal with second place of Biasion, whereas they won in 83 NZ or Acropolis...
So it's hard to decide, I would prefer the Evo2 car, and a 84 season would be nice, with 1000 lakes, Portugal and why not safari on the decals sheet.
What would really be great is to get several liveries (totip with martini) as they often entered same events with both liveries in satellite team, with several rallies possible on the decals, but that's probably asking too much...

Old 09-03-2011, 01:44 PM   #24
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
That`s why it is a rumor. I know that they asked for al the pictures that we make of this car at the eifelrally last year.
And spare parts impossible? A friend of me bought a rs200 with a really bad hood. He got a new one straight away after 1 mail.
So he had a mail !!
because when I asked for aftermarket service through Domino they answered me it was impossible to get spare or replacements parts for them (as professional dealers !?!) how could I expect as a final customer to get some...? without any mail address...?

If they refer to Eifel rally cars, they may have bad surprises and we also as most of the cars are replicas, not original ones...
many things are different, I saw that with the misleading Sport Quattro inside color... for example.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #25
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I would kill for a good manta 400. I`m still missing one car in the list you guys made : de volvo 240.

Don't you have the Narton kit ?
the one with the wrapped body...
I hesitated so long to buy it, but I regret not to have though now I still miss this fantastic car Ari Vatanen drove... A must have for me too but would prefer a good kit than the barely acceptable Narton one...

Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #26
Il dottore
AF Regular

[quote=rallymaster;6924505]So he had a mail !!
because when I asked for aftermarket service through Domino they answered me it was impossible to get spare or replacements parts for them (as professional dealers !?!) how could I expect as a final customer to get some...? without any mail address...?

Yep he had mail.
My mate mailed him without going to domino first.

But the quality stays crappy. I`ve got the fabia WRC, the octavia WRC, audi S1 and the hyunday accent WRC. Not very good but there aren`t any others available.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #27
Il dottore
AF Regular

Quote:
Don't you have the Narton kit ?
the one with the wrapped body...
I hesitated so long to buy it, but I regret not to have though now I still miss this fantastic car Ari Vatanen drove... A must have for me too but would prefer a good kit than the barely acceptable Narton one...
My dear friend, i`ve gor the ultimate Narton kit : the Snijers celica. . I`m only gonna use the decals of that kit, that says enough i guess.

I build the GASS ascona 400 colsoul, and i`m still considering buying the narton manta. I`ve been talking to a guy on a meeting a while ago. He build the manta and with some work on the body the bastos version can be made acceptable. But only becourse that version hasn`t got the rothmans stripes on it.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:05 PM   #28
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
My dear friend, i`ve gor the ultimate Narton kit : the Snijers celica. . I`m only gonna use the decals of that kit, that says enough i guess.

I build the GASS ascona 400 colsoul, and i`m still considering buying the narton manta. I`ve been talking to a guy on a meeting a while ago. He build the manta and with some work on the body the bastos version can be made acceptable. But only becourse that version hasn`t got the rothmans stripes on it.
You don't like the Rothmans tobacco livery ? ohoo strange most people precisely love it, I do, it's a nice livery IMO and the mix of blue and white with red and golden tripes if nice to me.
The st165 Celica, I'm so happy having a S27 TK !!
The Gass Ascona isn't that bad but mine has many flaws.
The Manta requires a lot of body work, but facing a wrapped roof, higher on a side, etc etc there can't by any miracles... unfortunately.
and the front face is... strange !?! can't say what but there is someting wrong, maybe too... "pointed' ?!?
I may buy one though to have one if no other appears on the market.
The Rothmans livery isn't stored for the moment at Domino.

Anyway any rally cars ModellingMaster will offer us will be interesting onbly because of the quality they put in it.
But it's important for their success to make the most popular choices.
We will adpat to them.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #29
Il dottore
AF Regular

Quote:
You don't like the Rothmans tobacco livery ? ohoo strange most people precisely love it, I do, it's a nice livery IMO and the mix of blue and white with red and golden tripes if nice to me.
The st165 Celica, I'm so happy having a S27 TK !!
The Gass Ascona isn't that bad but mine has many flaws.
The Manta requires a lot of body work, but facing a wrapped roof, higher on a side, etc etc there can't by any miracles... unfortunately.
and the front face is... strange !?! can't say what but there is someting wrong, maybe too... "pointed' ?!?
I may buy one though to have one if no other appears on the market.
The Rothmans livery isn't stored for the moment at Domino.

Anyway any rally cars ModellingMaster will offer us will be interesting onbly because of the quality they put in it.
But it's important for their success to make the most popular choices.
We will adpat to them.
We`ll definitly adpat to them. And i`ll sure buy some of there transkits. We have to support those guys. They put there heart and soul in there kits and we have to support them.

And don`t misunderstand me, i love the rothmans livery. But becourse of that livery the faults of the bodt show of even harder. It`s to wide, not long enough and there is something not right with the roof. And the front face, yes it is to pointed and the second problem is that the front lights are completly wrong. I now how to explain it in dutch, it`s a bit to difficult in english. Let`s just say that the compleet body sucks.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #30
firun
AF Regular

Pals, thank for your great discussion and great thoughts about Rally Cars! As I know, Romik505 and Motometalix share your passion to discussed models, and we are gonna make them

By the way, we are gonna have poll on our website, where you choose the model, which will come first after Ferrari 308 Gr.4 Rally. Stay tuned!

My kits collection.
firun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firun For This Useful Post:
Il dottore (09-03-2011)