Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Marsh Models Porsche 917PA, Mid Ohio 1969

Hi Folks,

Well, I'm off on another kit after a little break. Started this one a couple weeks ago but am just putting the pics up now. This time it's a Marsh kit, and what little jewels they are! After just having finished up a Provence Moulage and an (urk) MA Models kit, this thing is a complete joy to look at and to build!

This particular kit has a resin body and tires, but all the rest of the parts are white metal and etch. A big selling point on this kit is there is no windshield! Always one of my least favorite parts...

Also, I just want to give a big thumbs up to John Simon of Marsh Models. I had bought this kit from ebay and hadn't gotten around to inventorying it until recently (stupid, I know). I was very disappointed to discover one of the intakes was missing, so wrote John in desperation. He quickly found the missing part and mailed it to me from the UK posthaste and absolutely refused to accept payment of any kind. I'm not sure which is better, the quality of his kits, or his customer service!

At any rate, here are the kit pieces before making a start; I should have some further pics in a week or so.

Beautifully cast resin body needing very little cleanup:

Engine pieces including the missing intake stack sent to me by John. This little beauty has 12 parts!

Other miscellaneous bits:

The decal\paint guide and exploded view:

What a little gem!

ianc
ianc911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Baxter!
AF Newbie

Re: Marsh Models Porsche 917PA, Mid Ohio 1969

This is gonna be good, can't wait to see more.
I can't say enough about Marsh too! Great guy, had very similar experience,
I gave him my paypal address so he could invoice for shipping and he wasn't having it.
Baxter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Well, I've finally wrapped this one up and it only took 3 months. A little longer than I thought...

Here are some shots partway through assembly and some of the finished product. Doubt I'll post a gallery spread, my photos are just not good enough for that and I don't want to be laughed out of the place. Again, a beautiful little gem of a model which was a joy to build and looks great (to me anyway).

Partially completed interior:

Wheels:

Odd Bits:

Decalling completed:

Chassis fitted to body:

Finished! The little black bits on the flanks are my idea of weathering (exhaust and rubber bits). I was a bit scared airbrushing over the completed paint job, so I'm afraid they're almost too subtle to be seen. I may revisit them later. Or not...

Next up is another Marsh kit, the 1971 Le Mans 917L of Siffert/Bell. Wish me luck and thanks for looking!

ianc
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #4
Baxter!
AF Newbie

This is awesome! good job, love the road grime on it too. Looks great.
Baxter! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Thanks Bax!

ianc

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports