Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Lucerne
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #1
Rookie#1
AF Newbie

07 Lucerne front left window

I have a new problem. My 07 Lucerne front left window quit working. All switches on the master switch assemble on the drivers door panel assy work EXCEPT the drivers door window. By running 12 volts directly to the wires to the motor the window works both up and down. I replaced the door master switch assy. (Junk yard) Same problem. Someone suggest maybe the switch assy is programable. Anybody? Definitely need help.
Rookie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: 07 Lucerne front left window

Quote:
By running 12 volts directly to the wires to the motor the window works both up and down.

So you powered the motor directly........should take a test light and attach it to the end of the harness that plugs into the motor, and operate the switch in both directions......if it doesn't light at all, then ground the test light and attach to one leg of the harness and operate the switch up/down...should light in one direction......do the same for the other leg......should light in one of the directions(one will light on up, and the other on down)......if nothing or only one leg lights, check the continuity of each leg from the motor to the switch...if both ok, then it's the switch......
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Rookie#1
AF Newbie

Re: 07 Lucerne front left window

I did all the voltage and continuity checks. Being an electronic tech that was my first testing.
Initially I replaced the switch assy with a new one. None of the switches worked. Bad sw assy off the shelf?? That's why the salvage yard trip. The salvage yard thru in the door wiring
assy. After doing my voltage and continuity checks I didn't think that wasn't the problem. But where I wasn't getting anywhere I thought what the heck. Nothing. Back to the suggestion, Is the switch assy. programable. If I get that answer its off on another tangent.
Salvage yard trip was because the new switch assy cant be returned.
Rookie#1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Lucerne