Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 03:03 AM   #1
VivoUHM
AF Newbie

Lightbulb Community Effort!

hello to everyone. IDEA! 1994 honda civic ex 4 dr. sedan...

what will it take for this car to be the fastest? i want plausible ideas, specs, costs, etc
turbo vs supercharger
lifted vs lowered
h22 vs k24
single turbo, twin turbo, roots supercharger, centrifugal supercharger.
horsepower vs torque
RWD vs FWD vs AWD
1000hp? 2000hp? can it get to 3000?

what plausible combo will make it the fastest.
get suggestions from your friends, your moms, your cats and dogs!
VivoUHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: Community Effort!

I'm assuming this is a "joke" post. If not, then there is a lot of ridiculousness, no disrespect meant. I'll take a chance that it might be the second one.

Turbo. A turbocharger will always make more top end power, and more power. Also, there just aren't enough superchargers available, to meet any of you listed horsepower goals.

Lowered. Lifting a Civic would create more body roll, and hurt it's turning and handling capabilities. The only time I've seen a lifted Civic was for someone who had a beat up Civic, and a lot of land to just beat on the thing, on dirt.

K24. There's just so much more aftermarket parts available.

Single turbo. No real reason for 2 turbos. It's a 4 cylinder engine, not an inline-6, V6, or V8. A properly sized single turbo will do just fine.

Kind of a loaded question, since horsepower is calculated from torque. But from your questioning, I'm assuming you're asking if you should shoot for a build to get as much torque verse building for the most horsepower, or vise versa. I would say go for more horsepower, since the car is so light, it doesn't need to be built for max torque. But still, it depends on what you're building the car for. Is it for drag racing (I'm assuming it is since you mentioned so much horsepower), land speed records, road racing, SCCA, or rally racing?

Since your car is already a FF car, FWD is the most realistic/easiest way to go. Yes, RWD has been done, by placing the engine in the rear of the car. Yes, AWD has been done, but it's simply not worth the time and money, considering the H22 and K24 are your only options (I wouldn't pick a Honda engine to turn a Civic into AWD).

1000hp would be possible. 2000 or 3000hp...that's a pipe dream. Honestly that much horsepower would be completely pointless. You'll be dealing with traction issues well before you even get to 1000hp.

Again, if this is a realistic thread, expect to spend a small fortune; 10's of thousands of dollars. Gutted car, full tube chassis, fully built engine, fully built transmission, axles, suspension, rims, tires, engine management, engine/chassis wiring, sensors/gauges, fuel delivery system, fuel cell, safety equipment, turbocharger system, cooling system. Then someone to build the engine, fabricate parts, fabricate the chassis, and tuning and tweaking everything. Those are just the basics. If you're serious about this, I hope you have very deep pockets.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
VivoUHM
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: Community Effort!

@CivicSpoon. yea this is more of a joke kinda. just bored one day. but my car is the car listed and the build I really want is a daily driver and a drift car, may or may not be possible. but i like innovation which is why i asked for combos and ideas. my idea is a real pipe dream...perpetual energy. an engine that doesn't need gas. kinda like electric but started by pushing it down a hill or something like that. but yea, i don't have much knowledge of cars but i want to learn my civic.

OH! i was thinking of a J32A2 v8 engine. very uncommon, good power, turbo capability. maintenance would prob be an issue. also wouldn't be a daily driver unless lightly modified for daily conditions and not drag racing.
thanks for the post tho.
VivoUHM is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV