Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics
Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics Discuss different body kits, body work in general, and all types of exterior modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Urbi Et Orbi
AF Newbie

Tips For A Beginner

I recently got my first car, a '08 Mazda3, and have always wants to do some things to it.

Don't really know much about tuning and stuff.
Any sites with how-to's and just an encyclopedia-like guidance.
What are some good places for buying car parts online?
I'm first looking for undercarriage lights, then maybe interior lights, then performance.
Urbi Et Orbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #2
...ladies
AF Newbie

Re: Tips For A Beginner

Ya just do ALOT of research. some parts you can go cheap on some you need the best. most people try to steer clear of anything ebay. you have a new car so if you add name brand parts your going to get major props. idk how familiar you are with some of the terminolgy but thats important.
Rice or ricer means like tacky (civic with ebay parts=ricer) underglow is normaly considered ricey (i like it personally) just stick with simple bolt ons and before you buy anything read up on it.
...ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Syke lone
AF Newbie

Read first, think about it for a while and buy last!

You don't want to start buying things only to find out later they won't work for you or drill holes in your dash to mount something and then a week later think " maybe I should have put it over there"

Also, if you have the time, go hang out at your local auto parts stores and performances places and just look at stuff.

Whenever I stop to buy some oil or something I am there forever because I look at everything!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
GTS 2.4
AF Regular

/\
/\
[]
[]
[]
[]

Just checked out that site. Its worthless. 90% of the topic headings have nothing in them.
GTS 2.4 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Exterior | Bodykits | Lighting | Aerodynamics