Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 PM   #106
BaNe
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23toyota23
don't know much about drifting do you.
PLEASE TELL ME YOUR FUCKING WITH US! YOU JUST SAID A FWD IS BETTER FOR DRIFTING OMG!

Faster and Faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

CompletelyStock except 17 Enkei RS6, Megan racing Downpipe-3" piping-megan racing muffler. no cat. K&N filter.
BaNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:25 PM   #107
skrow03GT
AF Newbie

Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Yes, you can drive a 10 second V8 car, in the rain, without compeletely chewing through the tyres. Very simple innit? Fucking hell, people who build drag cars have to be prepared for breakges, but fuck it, I don't drag, that's for idiots with ill-sorted suspension- probably why V8 owners love it so much.

Yep, invest 10,000 in modifications into a $2000 heap, just to be upto par. Thats a GREAT idea! $12,000 spent on something thats worth less than $2,000 now. I knew I was doing something wrong this whole time! Ill sorted suspension? I can tell you have no knowledge of what you speak, if you dont think suspension is key in drag racing, you sir are an idiot.

Have you ever drove a 10sec V8? Most use a centrifugal SC or a turbo to get to those numbers. Power would kick in around 2800~ rpm. In every day driving I shift around 2100-2500. It would be a bitch to drive in the rain ofcoarse, but it would be ALOT easier than a 10sec Honda because FWD is meant for grocery getters, not performance cars, sorry.
MAC Prochamber 2.5" HTS
Flowmaster AT 2 Chamber Cat-Back
Eibach Pro-Kit
Tokico Illuminas 5-way Shocks/Struts
X2C v2.0 UCA/LCA's
FRPP 4.10 Gears
Aluminum d/s
Steeda Tri-Ax
Steeda T/A 14*
Nitto 275/45 Drag Radials
Bullit Intake

Waiting to Install : NX 100 Wet Shot
skrow03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 11:05 AM   #108
ForgottenX
AF Newbie

grr too many post to read through but either way i'ma post on the subject if u guys detoured or already metioned this sry ...
I think the honda hatred stared witht he CIVIC it was made to be an economy car not a "race" car people got these cars and started saying how light it is and i can smoke anything on the street just b.c its lite ... yea its true alot of peeps have been able to get some nice tuning to there cars but the majority is wat kills it. then you got them follower with the nissan sentras omg lol thats all i gotta say... if u got an accord civic or other economy cars .... don't wasit ur money get a sport car and soup that up

http://www.warehousemotors.com/store/item.asp?id=253 :X!! LOL LMAO! that says it all!

or if u really wanna c all the pics without clicking on all those links and see a funny trac vid then click here
http://cis8.lb.devry.edu/pcus6239/ricerocket
ForgottenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 10:32 PM   #109
FireBball972
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLogikal1
so that means you must live in imaginaryland...or wisconsin
hey now......

I agree, Hondas suck, they're the worst form of rice especially with the fucn fart cans....they piss me off too when they put the weird taillights on it, and they're hey man, this is cool, and i'm like hey man, no its not, shut up

plus, dude, wtf???

wisconsin?

im from wisconsin........well.......okay............they'r e a fucn load of ricers here, haha

Asians.........

Badgers, goin to the Rose Bowl this year!!
FireBball972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #110
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

Send a message via AIM to -Josh-
Honda chassis aren't built for racing whoever it was that said that they build great chassis. S2000 yeah, NSX yeah, Civic NO!!! Accord NO!!!
And a chassis doesn't make a car great.

FWD Track monster? That's an oxy-moron when you are refering to civics and whatnot isn't it?

AF User Guidelines

What is a mippie? - click
-Josh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:44 PM   #111
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28Josh
Honda chassis aren't built for racing whoever it was that said that they build great chassis. S2000 yeah, NSX yeah, Civic NO!!! Accord NO!!!
And a chassis doesn't make a car great.

FWD Track monster? That's an oxy-moron when you are refering to civics and whatnot isn't it?
Um OK...............Glad to see you are fully in the know about Hondas and FWD cars in General.............

Do these names mean anything to you?

Honda Integra Type R, Honda Prelude Type SH, Peugeot 205 GTi, Alfa Romeo 156, Peugeot 106 GTi, Alfa Romeo 147, Ford Mondeo ST220, Ford Focus ST170, VW Golf GTi Mk 1, 1969 Mini Cooper S, Citroen Xsara VTS, EK9 Honda Civic Type R, EF9 Honda Civic SiR.

These are a few of the examples of FWD cars that have been known to provide better handling than many RWD chassis' So yes I do believe FWD cars can make great track cars. Oh and all of these cars had economy car roots.

A chassis doesn't make a car great???? WTF??? It's about 60% of what makes a car great. The engine/Gearbox/Brakes are 15% (As it is easily swapped), Technology 10% and any other minor little stuff make up the rest.

If you have a crap chassis, you can't make a great car, simple as that. OK that's not true, Lotus turned a Lada into quite a stunning car on Top Gear once and that cost 100,000 pounds.

i love this mentality eh, "Oh it's a economy car aw! It is shit den eh b0e?" Notice how most people will criticise a Civic Type R or SiR and then not criticise a Neon SRT4???? Hypocrisy and bigotry IMHO.
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:22 PM   #112
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

That's not what i meant... Just because a car has a good chassis doesn't mean it is a good car...that's what i meant. And no, as much as you would like to believe, Honda chassis were meant to last, not race. You are talking to me like i know nothing about cars, that is aggravating. I'll be honest though, i know enough about Hondas to know that it's nothing i would buy. I'm driving a 1994 Honda Accord EX right now(for free while my other car is getting fixed), and i could tell you...I wont ever own one. Road course car, yeah it could be good, but for the strip i would rather have RWD. My car that i'm getting repaired is a FWD car(89 LeSabre T-Type),so yes i understand FWD quite a bit. After owning this car, i wont ever own another kind of car(Buick).

No one was talking about all those cars, they were talking about Civics, which is what i was refering to. You're talking to me about mechanical stuff? Have you ever even worked on an engine, or tranny? Of course chassis are 60% of the car, without it it wouldn't be a car now would it. Personally no, those names dont mean a darn thing to me, never will. How about this: 1987 Regal= Regal T-Type=Grand National=GNX. We soupe our cars up here to, start base and go from there.

AF User Guidelines

Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 PM   #113
broddie50
AF Enthusiast

You can "mention" all the cars you want. Those are all GARBAGE in any application when it comes to SERIOUS speed, be it at the track, and lets not even go into straught line... And PEUGEOT?!? OH MY GOODNESS!
broddie50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #114
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss1O6GTi
i love this mentality eh, "Oh it's a economy car aw! It is shit den eh b0e?" Notice how most people will criticise a Civic Type R or SiR and then not criticise a Neon SRT4???? Hypocrisy and bigotry IMHO.
Well, now you're the one being ignorant. The SRT-4 only shares a few interior bits and some sheet metal with the Neon SXT. The chassis on the SRT-4 is different from any regular Neon. Z28 Josh is right. I have driven an Accord and I will say that it isn't a car I would like to take Auto-Xing. I don't know about the Civic but I doubt it is much better. These are economy cars that were never built with speed in mind.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #115
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon
Well, now you're the one being ignorant. The SRT-4 only shares a few interior bits and some sheet metal with the Neon SXT. The chassis on the SRT-4 is different from any regular Neon. Z28 Josh is right. I have driven an Accord and I will say that it isn't a car I would like to take Auto-Xing. I don't know about the Civic but I doubt it is much better. These are economy cars that were never built with speed in mind.
That's my point, the Civic SiR, especially in EF9 form has about as much in common with a dual-carb 1.5 Civic as the Neon and SRt4 do- maybe not as much as that, but still little in common.

You're starting to sound like a Skyline GTS/GTSt/GTS4 owner, they always accuse SiR's and Type Rs of being economy Civics and then get all defensive when someone points out that the performance Civics have as much in common with the humble Civic as thier errr....things have with the mighty GTR. Usually this is after they get beaten by an SiR or Type R.

As for the Accord, bah! the bigger US Market ones usually are awful, the Accord Type R served up in Europe and the Japanese market Euro R are the sporting Accords.

brodie50 STFU, you don't even get PEugeots in the USA, so what the hell do you know about them? The 206 GTi 180 is faster than every new car under NZ$40,000 (About US$25k) the only one that might stand a chance is the Neon SRT4, but I don't have any acceleration times handy, nor do I reckon it'd retail under $40k if they sold it here, so the relevance to me is nowt.

Like I said, bigotry.
Old 02-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #116
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

How can you say that Peugeots are faster, when:

1: you dont have the stats to back up your claim.
2: you know nothing about american cars
3: you're biased toward that car, so it's not like anyone here will believe you anyway, unless you can prove it.
4: as for a 25K car, why dont we compare it to one of our sedans for good measure, lets say the 2004 Grand Prix GTP. You get some stats and ill give you mine.

You're probably the type of person who thinks the only good cars in the U.S. are the Viper and ZO6.

AF User Guidelines

Old 02-10-2004, 02:55 AM   #117
Ssom
AF Fanatic

OK, the particular car I am reffering to.

Peugeot 206 GTi 180
Price: NZ$39,990
0-100 km/h: 6.89 seconds on Autocars VBox (Claimed: 7.4)
80-120 km/h: 4.49 seconds
100-0 km/h: 34.86 meters

Wieght: 1115 Kg (With full tank of gas)
Length: 3835 mm
Wheelbase: 2447mm
Width: 1900mm
Height: 1430mm

Weight distribution: 64:36 (F:R)

Engine: Transverse 4, displacing 2.0 litres through a 5 speed manual, obviously to the front wheels.

Power: 130Kw@7000rpm (180bhp)
Torque: 202nm@4750rpm

That is basically what you need tyo know, but those really say nothing about the amazing engineering done to make this baby handle, a drive of that can only justify it.

if you want proof of these (Think they are falsified), I'll happily photograph the portion of NZ Autocar that I got them them from, as my scanner is screw-loose.

I doubt a GTP woul be faster, especially if they use the Supercharged 3.8 still. The Commodores that use these engines aree something of a joke, especially to Ford (Falcon/XR/Fairmont) fans. The Commodore is lighter and also RWD, so I reckon the GTP'd be slower than the Commie-whore, hence I can't imagine it being faster.

Even still we've got to remember that cars, especially when new are cheaper in the US than over here and the currency of New Zealand is strong at the moment, while the US one is weak, so really, when you think about it, the 206 is damned good bag for buck, as it'd probably be about $15-17k if sold in the US.

Last edited by Moss1O6GTi; 02-10-2004 at 03:31 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:27 PM   #118
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Re: Re: Re: Honda haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss1O6GTi
That's my point, the Civic SiR, especially in EF9 form has about as much in common with a dual-carb 1.5 Civic as the Neon and SRt4 do- maybe not as much as that, but still little in common.

You're starting to sound like a Skyline GTS/GTSt/GTS4 owner, they always accuse SiR's and Type Rs of being economy Civics and then get all defensive when someone points out that the performance Civics have as much in common with the humble Civic as thier errr....things have with the mighty GTR. Usually this is after they get beaten by an SiR or Type R.

As for the Accord, bah! the bigger US Market ones usually are awful, the Accord Type R served up in Europe and the Japanese market Euro R are the sporting Accords.

brodie50 STFU, you don't even get PEugeots in the USA, so what the hell do you know about them? The 206 GTi 180 is faster than every new car under NZ$40,000 (About US$25k) the only one that might stand a chance is the Neon SRT4, but I don't have any acceleration times handy, nor do I reckon it'd retail under $40k if they sold it here, so the relevance to me is nowt.

Like I said, bigotry.
See, now that is a different story. Unfortunately we aren't lucky enough to get the SiR or the Type R Civic or Accord. You're right the chassis for the Type R and SiR are different from a normal Civic or Accord and is much stiffer.

I will also stand up for Peugeot. They dominated WRC last year, so they know how to build a chassis and suspension right. Also, don't knock it if you haven't driven it.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #119
-Josh-
Automotive love doctor

2004 Grand Prix GTP: Testing By: Pro Formance and sanctioned by the scca-

Comp G- $36,000
Road Course lap time: 43.328 Seconds
Quarter Mile: 15.015 Seconds
Braking 60-0: 112.3 Ft.
Lateral G's 100 ft.: .0827 G's
600 ft. Slalom: 62.47 seconds

Curb Weight: 3583 lbs.
Length: 198.3"
Width front: 61.6"
Width Rear: 61.3"
Height: 55.9"
Electronic Throttle Control
Horsepower:260 fwd
Torque: 280 lb-ft
Axle ratio: 3.29:1
Engine: S/C 3.8 ltre, SeriesIII 3800
Fuel cap.: 17.0 gallons
4 Speed tap shift/ Overdrive- 4T60E

Also, the 3.8 that GM uses is very different than what Ford uses.

AF User Guidelines

Last edited by Z28Josh; 02-16-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 12:24 PM   #120
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal
Yep a Chevy 3.8 3800 is totally different from a Ford 3.8. The Chevy 3.8 series 2 is highly regarded.
camaroincal is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General