Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 12:27 AM   #46
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

here's my deduction, unless you have a sports car (and I don't mean camaros or mustangs), a sophisticated girl wouldn't care what you drive, as long as it's not a yugo. those f-bodies are ever so common. and girls with little knowledge about cars might be impressed with them. real attraction lies with sports car and definitely exotics.

where as motorcycles, the territorial advantage is already set since the dawn of "rebel without a cause." and especially with sportbike these days, the fact stands out more than ever, riders live life on the danger lane, and there's a risk of injury/death everytime one gets on the bike. and I think that bigger balls and speed attract women. plus there's a adrenaline rush even as a passenger, and there are only a few female riders, etc. girls fear it, and they love it.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:03 AM   #47
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to kenwood guy
Re: chick car To get the chicks

"sophisticated girls" thoses are the ones I hate they think they know every thing when in fact they are just like everyone else..... A bike is cool but I think a decent sports car ie mustang,camero 240sx and so on are good also
kenwood guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:33 AM   #48
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

f-bodies and sport compacts are sports cars??

well it's either sluts or sophisticated girls, and after a certain stage, mature people tend to prefer the latter.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #49
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

well...I just dont make "Blanket" statements people like what they like and I feel that a cool car is a cool car I think A fixed up import, bike or f body are all in the same game and the name of the game is to impresses thoses who care about being different from the rest of field Ill take a hooked up ride over some normal one anyone one why???.... well any guy can answer that one
Old 08-14-2004, 11:42 PM   #50
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Why do you keep talking shit about f-bodies. 02' WS6 and 02' SS are the EASIEST! within price to get girls. BELIEVE ME. And I'm sure you prolly get girls in your Z, if you have one (didnt care to look in your profile.) And somehow you turned focus from them being attention-getters (which they very much so are) into them NOT being sports cars??? NO there no Lotus/Lambo/any other exotic. But for real people cars. Nothing can beat it...NOTHING. And don't say a Supra because 30-40 g's for a car 7+ years old...NOT REASONABLE. (Not discrediting Supras, just obviating remarkable resale value compared to a reasonable chick-getter car.)
Old 08-15-2004, 01:23 AM   #51
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

I never said I had anything against f-bodies. but I did mention they're not sports car because:

You don't see them in the track/twisities competiting. straightline? yes. gt competition? not too many without huge suspension mods.

Why are supra so expensive? because they're sports cars and very demanding.

I'll exclude 5.7 V8 Trans AM, because they were whoppingly expensive when new and has real power to deliver, especially with RAM Air. And you don't see too many of these around.

And they're very common, when something becomes abundant, it loses the charm of exclusivity. Every other 16 year old owns one. And yup, I'll agree, their girlfriends get impressed because they have a ride now.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #52
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Fanatic
You don't see them in the track/twisities competiting. straightline? yes. gt competition? not too many without huge suspension mods.

False, they DO compete in competitions. the SS and WS6 also are suspension upgrades stock. Anything under 3500 lbs can handle reasonable well with upgrades. I'd consider a vr-4 a sports car, and they are about 3800!

Quote:
Why are supra so expensive? because they're sports cars and very demanding.
Because they were in a movie! Very demanding never the less. F-Bodies not sports cars because it has muscle You must think a Viper is not a sports car but a muscle car like others I've heard.

Quote:
I'll exclude 5.7 V8 Trans AM, because they were whoppingly expensive when new and has real power to deliver
Name one 4th gen 93-02 Z-28, Formula, Trans Am, or SS that DOESN'T have a 5.7 L V8? And DOESN'T have "real" power to deliver? How can you exclude one and not all, when they are all the same thing?

Quote:
especially with RAM Air.
You could put your own aftermarket one on....not much a difference anyway unless you have some extensive mods that need the extra air.

Quote:
Every other 16 year old owns one.

OH and BTW. Us all F-Body owners are just practicing for a Corvette we wanna get!

My
Old 08-15-2004, 02:20 PM   #53
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: chick car To get the chicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Point 7
False, they DO compete in competitions. the SS and WS6 also are suspension upgrades stock. Anything under 3500 lbs can handle reasonable well with upgrades. I'd consider a vr-4 a sports car, and they are about 3800!
the Vr-4 will wipe the floor with all those f-bodies.

Quote:
Because they were in a movie! Very demanding never the less. F-Bodies not sports cars because it has muscle You must think a Viper is not a sports car but a muscle car like others I've heard.
Yes, pity it was in FF and 2 fast 2 queer. But still it has high resale value, can't argue with the facts. Viper IS a sports car. And I think you might be delusional if you consider Viper and f-bodies muscle cars.

Quote:
Name one 4th gen 93-02 Z-28, Formula, Trans Am, or SS that DOESN'T have a 5.7 L V8? And DOESN'T have "real" power to deliver? How can you exclude one and not all, when they are all the same thing?
Uh the ones with V6?

Quote:
lol, I bet you had it when you were 16. Regardless, I think I went to highschool for 4 long years to know if I can distinguish a F-body from a 'vette.

Quote:
OH and BTW. Us all F-Body owners are just practicing for a Corvette we wanna get!
should I be jealous?

Again I have nothing against f-bodies, they have their own merits. but the fact is they're very common and not considered true sports car like a viper or corvette.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #54
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: chick car To get the chicks

Quote:
the Vr-4 will wipe the floor with all those f-bodies.

Quote:
And I think you might be delusional if you consider Viper and f-bodies muscle cars.
Here we go again, this was covered about a year ago in the Camaro forum, and I don't want to get into it again.
Quote:
Uh the ones with V6?
OK...ONE MORE TIME...name ONE SS, Z-28, Formula, or Trans Am that DID NOT have a 5.7L V8 in the 4th gen...see if you can get it right the next time.
Quote:
lol, I bet you had it when you were 16.
HELL NO. I went through 3 FF before I was 17. And 2 FR to now. (just cars) I wasn't the 16 year old that my parents bought the car of my dreams.
Quote:
Regardless, I think I went to highschool for 4 long years to know if I can distinguish a F-body from a 'vette.
I pray you can. BTW, NOTHING was mentioned about YOU NOT being able to distinguish them...
Quote:
but the fact is they're very common and not considered true sports car like a viper or corvette.
Nothing with A/C (etc., etc.) is a TRUE sports car, so your wrong, NEITHER are they.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #55
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

lol, okkkk, whatever you say.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:28 PM   #56
kenwood guy
AF Enthusiast

damm Im out for 2 days and I get this!! A sports in general is a car with 2 doors keep in mind I use the word "general" before you respond and it does not matter how rare or expensive the car is if a car was put out to be sports car then it is a sports car!!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:44 PM   #57
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwood guy
damm Im out for 2 days and I get this!! A sports in general is a car with 2 doors keep in mind I use the word "general" before you respond and it does not matter how rare or expensive the car is if a car was put out to be sports car then it is a sports car!!
Old 08-17-2004, 03:56 AM   #58
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwood guy
whoooopeee, my other car (Beetle) is generally a sports car, and not a coupe/sports compact that the insurance company calls it to be, and costs a ton a cheaper to insure than the Z. Yay!
Old 08-17-2004, 09:21 AM   #59
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Jeep Wrangler......I see where he is comming from, but a generalization like that NEEDS more boundaries.

EDIT: Jeep's NOT a car, neither is a Beetle....it's a overgrown testical with wheels.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:45 PM   #60
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Point 7
Jeep Wrangler......I see where he is comming from, but a generalization like that NEEDS more boundaries.

EDIT: Jeep's NOT a car, neither is a Beetle....it's a overgrown testical with wheels.
you spelled testicle wrong. lol. but oh my, now I know what you think about all day.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General