Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 01:43 AM   #76
justav6
AF Regular

Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

one more thing, car and driver rated the new buick most reliable mid sized sudan. sorry accord
justav6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 01:58 AM   #77
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by justav6
one more thing, car and driver rated the new buick most reliable mid sized sudan. sorry accord
Sudan only comes in one size and it's more than mid-sized!!

If C&D rated it the most reliable sedan, ownership surveys are a good indication, as are owners personal experiences, but a magazine just coming out and saying that is NOT.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 01:59 AM   #78
MunG35
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MunG35 Send a message via Yahoo to MunG35
Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by justav6
buick never made C&D top 10
Only 1 American car did... the Vette

the focus did too but thats cuz of the German SVT engine they dropped in it

Also, Accord is title holder with 18/25 top 10 awards... eve higher than the precious bimmer 3. soo yeah dont hate hondas, they've earned their recogition with the american drivers at C&D
Old 05-30-2004, 02:47 PM   #79
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Peice Of Junk Hondas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysmurff
yup, and any pizza faced high school nerd can get a big block to run 10's

it take a lot more will, determination, skill, and ingenuity to get a 2 liter 4 banger to 10's

but what all the current honda hating seems like to me (this is like, one of 25 "i hate honda" threads in this forum) is a bunch of people who got stomped by some ricer at the local strip, and are still bitter about it. I've run as hard as i could, and still watched civics pull away from me. (i drive a 3rd gen prelude si) and so what if they were running turbos, thats all part of the game boys.

saying turbos and nitrous are "cheating" in the world of racing, is like saying the forward pass is cheating in football.
WOW I've never been stomped by a civic, I just hate them in ugly form. Look a civic isn't a bad looking car (except the hatch back) just give it a good paint job and nice rims then do all the engine mods you want. Just don't put on an obnoxious body kit and fart trumpet and 12 foot spoiler and cover it with gaudy stickers! You still need to spend a mint to get it to go fast, I hear the Honda guys brag about running 10's and 9's even 8's and 7's get real guys! There are 2 Hondas that run 8's and one has been converted to rear drive, as well neither is a real world car just a seat with tube chassis a fiberglass body and a $100,000.00 engine that can only run a race or two and is payed for by a sponsor.
Filthy Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:36 PM   #80
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Ok Ok

It's all a mtter of what you like. I have nothing against Hondas (except that all my ex girlfriends drive them!) they are dammed good reliable cars, I just wouldn't buy one because I'm from Detroit I'm currently looking at buying a Focus maybe a Neon. As I said before though don't make them look like sh*t, there is beauty in simplicity. Don't tell me you run 8's with it either . Yes V-8s are easy to make fast, if you want it to rev higher without making it sound like crap at low RPM it can be done now with the amazing computer, instead of just shoving as much air and fuel through it as possible like the old days (this goes for 4cyl. and all engines as well) you achieve the most efficient and powerful mixture. With computer management engines have been brought into the 20th hell 21st century wether they are OHC or pushrod! No OHC is not new technology just ask OFFENHAUSER a company making powerful ohc engines (as well as power parts for flatheads) in the 20's and 30's. I don't understand why people can't admit a good car is a good car, and the import vs domestic thing erks me. First off not everyone here is American so if someone here is Japanese a Toyotas is usually the domestic to the import Ford get it. Not always as the Dodge Ram is made in Mexico, and the Tundra Indiana? It was brought up somewhere on this thread the Focus is the world's best selling car yes because it's sold in North America, South America, Australia, and Europe (not sure about Asia) though I think it is sold in South Africa. So do Hondas suck? If you think so nothing is going to change your mind, and if you think they're the greatest machines ever nothing is going to change that either. I honestly don't like FWD (unless used as basic transportation) that leave only 2 Hondas S2000, and NSX both of which I actually like, yet wouldn't buy. I drive a 99 F150 and it's proven plenty reliable and with V-6 not bad on gas. I also own a 65 Mustang fastback being retrofitted with modern engine and suspension, because let's face it 60's suspension doesn't cut it now a days. The facts are this - Don't think all Honda drivers are ricers, don't think all those who drive V-8s a mullet heads, there a damned good examples of 8, 6, and 4 cylinder engines out there from the USA, Japan, and Europe. Let's not start talking about the invinsability of our Camaros, Mustangs, Civics etc. leave that to the Skyline (nut riders) fans. Oh yeah for the guy who posted it (V8= small penis) my stang has a V-8 and I have a big penis thank you.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:54 AM   #81
lucki17
AF Regular

4-banger

okay, heres my veiw 4 bangers are good for quick fun reliable power but not alot of power, anything over 400hp you have to go bigger motor and also rwd or 4wd of course that car will really be good for only 1 thing and thats going really fast in a straight line for 7 secends. (and belive me thats really a fun time and todally worth it) every car has ups and downs, if only they made a 5-banger with 4-wheel drive (hey if the metro could have 3, why not 5)ha, well anyways thats my two cents
lucki17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:04 AM   #82
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Re: 4-banger

There is such thing as an AWD 5 Cylinder car, Audi used to make them and Volvo still make Linear 5 AWD cars.

VW make V5 engines, but not AWD versions of the V5 cars, as far as I know.
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #83
-= c a m a r o =-
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to -= c a m a r o =-
ok.. this is coming from Motorbooks Workshop: Sport Compact Car Engine & Driveline. p.69
"A silly Civic Si owner who confidently revs on an LS-1 powered Camaro at a light, cocky in the fact that his engine makes more power per liter, is going to get swatted like a pesky little fly, VTEC or no VTEC."
AMEN...
So before u start talkin shit about "ancient v-8s" , know that a turbo 4 banger might take an n/a v8, but never a turbo v8.

one more:

"As bad as the baddest Outlaws are, they are still no match for the equivalent class of domestics. If the big-bore V-8 guys were allowed to turbocharge their huge engines by the rules, the tiny imports would not stand a chance-- multi-vavles, variable cam timing, overhead cams or not."

This is coming from a guy that writes books about Honda/Acura/Mazda/Nissan performance. If he can admit it, why can't you?

"A silly Civic Si owner who confidently revs on an LS-1 powered Camaro at a light, cocky in the fact that his engine makes more power per liter, is going to get swatted like a pesky little fly, VTEC or no VTEC." - Mike Kojima, Sport Compact Car Magazine
-= c a m a r o =- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 01:06 PM   #84
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 4-banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss1O6GTi
There is such thing as an AWD 5 Cylinder car, Audi used to make them and Volvo still make Linear 5 AWD cars.

VW make V5 engines, but not AWD versions of the V5 cars, as far as I know.
the volvo s60r comes close to what you would expect no?
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 02:27 PM   #85
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Re: 4-banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucki17
okay, heres my veiw 4 bangers are good for quick fun reliable power but not alot of power, anything over 400hp you have to go bigger motor and also rwd or 4wd of course that car will really be good for only 1 thing and thats going really fast in a straight line for 7 secends. (and belive me thats really a fun time and todally worth it) every car has ups and downs, if only they made a 5-banger with 4-wheel drive (hey if the metro could have 3, why not 5)ha, well anyways thats my two cents

Remember the early Audi Quattros? Turbo fives AWD.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #86
Filthy Sanchez
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by -= c a m a r o =-
ok.. this is coming from Motorbooks Workshop: Sport Compact Car Engine & Driveline. p.69
"A silly Civic Si owner who confidently revs on an LS-1 powered Camaro at a light, cocky in the fact that his engine makes more power per liter, is going to get swatted like a pesky little fly, VTEC or no VTEC."
AMEN...
So before u start talkin shit about "ancient v-8s" , know that a turbo 4 banger might take an n/a v8, but never a turbo v8.

one more:

"As bad as the baddest Outlaws are, they are still no match for the equivalent class of domestics. If the big-bore V-8 guys were allowed to turbocharge their huge engines by the rules, the tiny imports would not stand a chance-- multi-vavles, variable cam timing, overhead cams or not."

This is coming from a guy that writes books about Honda/Acura/Mazda/Nissan performance. If he can admit it, why can't you?

I've got no problem admitting that, I agree. There's a guy who works for one of the import magazine staffs, he's got the fastest car on the staff. Catch this it's a 70's Ford Maverick with a 347 stroker.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:42 AM   #87
alphalanos
AF Enthusiast

i like hatchbacks....
Old 06-06-2004, 03:13 AM   #88
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
For what it's worth...here's my 2 cents...I could care less what it is...import, domestic, 4-banger, v8....if it's well built and fast with 4 wheels, then I'll drive it. Who cares what it is...if it's a fast built car, it's a fast built car..I could care less what "click" it falls into.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 02:56 PM   #89
Kafziel
AF Regular

I'm not even going to touch the issue of speed. That's never going to be resolved here.
The reason I drive a Honda is that they last for-fucking-ever.
My father-in-law is a mechanic, an over-the-road trucker, and a diehard Chevy man. Pickup trucks all the way.
But the few times he's helped me out, he has been amazed at how well my car has held up. Nothing is rusted, no bolts break when you unscrew things, everything is amazingly easy to replace. (His only complaint is that sometimes it seems like Honda thinks everyone has tiny little Asian hands to reach into those tight spots.)
He's still not going to run out and buy a Honda, but if you compare my '97 Civic with 125k miles to his '98 S-10 with 94k miles, the difference in wear is astounding.
I'm always up for a little race around town, and you win some, you lose some. My car is never going to come close to a Shelby Cobra or a Stingray off the line. But when it comes to working door handles, and wheels that stay on, the Japs win. And that's pretty important, in my book.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:05 PM   #90
emerge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to emerge Send a message via Yahoo to emerge

EJ8 Civic | AIM: nxzo | www.rtek.org
emerge is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General