Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 01:49 AM   #76
Mee11
AF Newbie

Re: Best sleeper cars

yeah great post guy...very informative
Mee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #77
Mee11
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Best sleeper cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoosH
90-93 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
With a 5spd of course.
4 door, turbo, all wheel drive...
Easy to make power 4g63...
Doesn't get much better for a sleeper.
Yes...and the ~87~90 models also...these early galants are very quick and unassuming...
Mee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:03 AM   #78
helliviknow
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to helliviknow

great post... but i gotta give a staurn credit were its due in the sleeper trade. My first car was a 95 sl 4 door. I remember getting laughed at in it. what people didnt figure was that although its a 4 door unsporty looking sedan and although only packing 100 stock horses under the hood it was sporting a 5 speed with a weight in at like 2450. no cmon.. that kinda weight and a few bolt ons/possible turbo and retain the factor steelies with hubs.. and you got a sleeper hands down... however i still cant get the image of a ss camaro launching next to a old school dodge tubo mini van complete with cheesy wood grain siding and watching the van blow by it to a 11 or so second quarter... i mean dammm lmao.. someone find that video... peace
helliviknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:36 AM   #79
helliviknow
AF Enthusiast

i finally found a link to the video of that mini van taking to camaro iv been ragging about...
http://www.steakandcheese.com/downlo..._vs_camaro.wmv

i think thise qualifies as a sleeper lmao
Old 11-14-2004, 12:10 PM   #80
sonick117x
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sonick117x

guys... new kid on the street here..wonderin if i could get some tips on a car that gets a quick 0-60... lemme know if ya could help me out
sonick117x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:55 PM   #81
helliviknow
AF Enthusiast

if your looking for just a quick car theres all sorts of options. camaros and mustangs are classic options. Then you got everything from DSM's (eclipse/talon/laser/3000gt) to honda's (prelude vtechs are quick, same with gsr integras).

But if your looking for a quick sleeper your going to want something a lil more... subtle.. like a saturn sl2 4 door with a small turbo added (youd be surprized) Just find a car youd think of is slow.. and make it fast. If your strickly looking ofr slow looking fast going factory cars I know the Mazda Millinea is quick, same with the newer v6 altimas and maximas. Theres a whole world of options
Old 11-14-2004, 01:02 PM   #82
sonick117x
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sonick117x

thank you..yes..im lookin more towards a sleeper..i was originally looking towards the 84 audi 200 but it s impossible to find one for sale...i wanna stay away from camaros, civics, mustangs..bc everyone and their mother has one..i have my own thread posted.. suggestions on sleepers... if anyone can gimme some word on whats quick lemme know thanks!
sonick117x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:48 PM   #83
MALKAVIAN
AF Newbie

Question

I have a 1st gen Crx Si but it look's like the dx or Hf,and I have a performens header, a custom made Ice Man Cold air Intake, 89 integra fule injectors, and the computer. I beat my friends 99 civic Si by like 2 cars. but you know with that computer I can rev up to 7500 rpm's. so that like 50 mph in frist gear. and on top of all that I have a kill switch on one of my sparck plugs to make the car sound like shit. And I'm geting a 7 lbs flywheel for it. and a atc stage 2 clutch. so what do you all think sleeper or not. and if any one wants to know where to get a 7 lbs flywheel for a frist gen Crx E-mail me At MALKAVIAN_0105@yahoo.com
MALKAVIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 07:31 PM   #84
shdowprde
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to shdowprde

I have a 93 dodge shadow and i it has no acceleration until it hits about 50 mph then it pushes u into your seat and its a 2.2L 4 banger. Its sucks when everyone passes you off the line like your standing still.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:26 AM   #85
FRANTIK
AF Newbie

come on people

You guys serisouly dont know what a TRUE sleeper is....come on..galants, mercedes, CHEVELLES? come on people... Now a turbo caravan, thats a sleeper. But my sleeper IS THE BIGGEST sleeper of them all. It takes 1 ford Festiva....and 1 1988 mazda 323 GTX 1.6 turbo B6T engine. Swap it into the festiva and you are good to go!!! seriously, eat up 5.0's and saleens all day long.
FRANTIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:52 PM   #86
GTinightmareX
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GTinightmareX

well im not going through all six pages to find out if this was said or not, im beting not! a 93' suzuki swift Gti. this is the ultimate sleeper car, why? well for starters it will hold its own against a 300zx twin turbo, now it wont win, but there aint nothing better than they look you get from the driver keeping up! my 90' gti runs low 14's high 13's, when somday i buy the turbo itll run low 12 n/p. NO ONE WILL SE IT COMING I PROMISE, ASSUMING ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT IS A METRO ON STERIODS!

btw a stock metro early 90's will bet an civic and caviler out there 3cyl's BIOTCH DONT DISS IT TILL YA TRY IT!
GTinightmareX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:12 PM   #87
KandaDodge
AF Newbie

My Sleeper

The Chrysler K based cars. Particularly the P and A bodies with the 3.o V6 and 5 speed are awesome. My shadow ES project is a "full metal rocket". Also our LeBaron. Simple mods, rigid bobble strut, strut tower braces, metal brakes, shifter mods, intake mods, and throttle body replacement.

www.dodgeshadow.info
See my project pics during rebuild.
KandaDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 05:42 PM   #88
randypalmer15
AF Newbie

That minivan video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. I'd love to have seen the Camaro driver's face atthe end of that run.

I personally love the Buick GNX as a sleeper, if you can consider it that. To most kids these days it probably looks like nothing more than your every day family car, and it wouldn't take much to make it look even moreso (alter the hood to make it less 'curious' looking, get rid of all the badges and striping, etc). But get it in a race . . .
I had a magazine that had a showdown between a GNX and a Corvette, and I'm telling you I was stunned by the results. At the time I thought the 'vette was almighty, but this kind of opened my eyes a bit . . .
randypalmer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:55 AM   #89
a1point8turbo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to a1point8turbo

my audi is plenty quick, however my maserait biturbo(once finished being restored) will deffinitly be a great sleeper!
a1point8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #90
1320Joe
AF Newbie

I would have to say my former car could probably( again i said probably im not guranteeing) all of your sleepers. It was a 1948( or so we think because the previous owner was too old to remember and it wasn't matching numbers) Chevrolet 2 door sedan ( a milkman van of sorts). it's body was completely covered in rust it even had some holes on the fenders, but under the hood we had a 502 big block with a weiland supercharger (we cut the engine crossmember and welded a new one lower into the body to fit it) and a 5 speed to back it up. it was giving around 800+ horsepower. It beat many stangs, camaros, and imports while in ohio. Before the rollover though
1320Joe is offline   Reply With Quote