Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 02:36 AM   #31
89Turbo944
AF Enthusiast

Re: Super UGLY!-->Be careful

ok the list begins

BMW 7 series(new body)
BMW Z4 (EWWWW)
The 5 series is nice tho
Honda Element
Most every Kia
Toyota Echo
Pontiac Vibe
Pontiac Aztec
Any Saturn
Beetle convertable
Neons

Im not saying that any of these cars cant look good. Just saying i dont really like the factory look of the car.
89Turbo944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:09 AM   #32
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Everyone here has short memories. 25 years ago people thought the AMC Pacer was ugly. These days everything looks like a Pacer.

If you want world class ugly, look at some early '60s French cars, specifically the Panhard and the Citroen Ami.
Frightening.

For cars in production today...Aztek for sure.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #33
BMW_4.4i
AF Regular

Oh yeah, the Panhard and the Citroen were damn ugly.
Old 02-22-2004, 09:41 PM   #34
gigglesnirt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
well i actually like the element, have you ever sat inside? there's more room than...like an excsursion or something, its huge inside i luv it, and to me it doesn't matter how a car looks, just how it performs, but how it looks goes to a certain level, like 5 deck wings or some shit like that is overdone.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:53 PM   #35
DiabloGT
Banned

ME 2 I AGREE WITH YOU ALL, THE ELEMENT=WORLDS UGLIEST CAR+the horrible honda 4 cyl engine...i would rather take that other piece of shit that yaba posted...over the element....
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 08:19 PM   #36
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj
Re: Re: Super UGLY!-->Be careful

all new cars are ugly and thats that
Old 03-07-2004, 02:17 AM   #37
Nexagen
AF Regular

These box design cars are just ugly.

Some of the most beautiful cars are build no higher than 6 feet and usually are 6" low to the ground with an aerodynamic nose.

And that's really what it's all about. Aerodynamics. I dont need a vehicle shaped like a wall cause it's going to cause massive amounts of air resistance. If you would test cars like this in a wind tunnel, they would probably blow out of the tunnel due to air resistance.

Comparing to a low aerodynamic designed car that cuts through air resistance, it's just better. Air will cut around the car like the wing of an airplane or a hot knife through butter.
Nexagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 08:04 AM   #38
dodge5viper
AF Newbie

i dont think that the Honda Element is that bad....i just wont buy 1 though lol i think that the lancia delta is ugly

Old 06-05-2004, 10:52 PM   #39
Prelewd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Prelewd
Re: Re: Re: Super UGLY!-->Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthj
all new cars are ugly and thats that
haha, with a few exceptions, i agree whole-heartedly.

Soon..

Cars:
1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS H22a Swap - For Sale
1965 Chevrolet 1/2 Ton - 500ci Cadillac Cometh
1970 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1972 Datsun 240z - For Sale
1977 Datsun 280z - For Sale
1991 Infiniti Q45 - Engine Donor to 240z - Parting out the Rest
Sold Cars:
1976 Jaguar XJ-S - Rear end Donor to Chev Pickup
1992 Honda Prelude Si
1971 Datsun 240z
1984 Civic 1500 Hatch
Prelewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:05 AM   #40
loydering
AF Newbie

Okay,

I once thought the Element was weird looking and it took me a short time to get used to it. What gets me is all the complaining about the Element, specifically it's "boxiness," when there are other cars out there that have profiles even more boxy. Take the H2, for example. It's even more boxy than the Element and I don't hear anyone whining about it. I suppose because it cost $50K it's okay to be ugly. Even the famous jeep (blindside.AMG ) has a boxy profile. I won't even touch the van line. I don't think the problem is the design of the Element that's the problem, it's ignorance to change. Remember what the Ford Taurus did to automotive designs?

No, it's not a Jeep for off-roading, but it does go off-road and, yes, it has 4WD. "Off-road" suspension, meaning sturdy and able to travel on open, rough, terrain. No, it won't go where a Jeep can, at least clearance wise. But who cares when you're having fun? i.e.

http://www.hondaelement.org/showthre...&threadid=5265

http://www.hondaelement.org/showthre...&threadid=3351

Personally, if you're not a fan of the Element, more power to you. You'll get over it with time.
loydering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:07 AM   #41
LEGO MY E
AF Enthusiast

I Agree With Loydering!

This is an interesting conversation, but I'm curious. Why is something that is DIFFERENT considered UGLY by some?

Should we all drive a white 4 door sedan? How about a red pickup truck, would that suit your taste? No, wrong color? You don’t like my tires? I should have bought what brand cuz ALL other brands are crap? Well gee, what kind of car do you drive - should I get one of those? Should everyone else get the same EXACT brand, color and model so that you'll be happy?

But wait, you say... "I don't want EVERYONE to drive the same car that I have"? Yeah, that might be kind of a bummer, because you would no longer have one shred of originality left. Do we all really need to get so bent out of shape if someone out there decides to go against the status quo? If every vehicle looked the same life would be pretty boring indeed.

The same principle applies to life. If every person looked exactly the same (or fell within a prescribed "acceptable" race, creed, color, etc..) life would also be boring. Thankfully most educated people realize that DIFFERENCES and INDIVIDUALITY can and do make a much more fulfilling and exciting life. If I were to bash on another person because he/she didn't look like me, I would rightfully be called a racist or bigot. Is that what this thread is about? Car racism? Car bigotry? Come on people, we're all better than that.

By the way, if anyone is more than a little curious about the Element why not test drive one rather than just simply bashing it? Open the doors… those big ole’ ‘suicide’ type doors that open into a cavernous cabin with no “B” pillar to get in the way. Imagine how much stuff you could fit into one. Sit down in the seat. Got enough head room? Look at the floor – notice that there is no carpet? So if you spill your drink on the floor you don’t have to worry about it, just wipe it up and forget it. No more stained carpet to prevent higher trade in values, huh? Got enough leg room? Try sitting in back now… Man, you could fit Charles Barkley back there!! Now go around back and open the hatch AND tailgate. Sit on the tailgate and imagine the fun you’d have on a camping trip with an Element. Concerned about quality? Ask ANY Honda owner if they would ever buy another Honda, and I’ll bet that at LEAST 90% would say YES!! Do your homework. Check reliability ratings, insurance costs, MPG (one of the best in class), horsepower, etc…

Now… let’s take another look at the Element (you could really insert ANY vehicle here). Does it look the same? Better? Worse? That is terrific – you’ve just made an EDUCATED decision about the vehicle. Who knows, the little plastic toy might just grow on you like it did me. Like the Element or Hate the Element, please don’t sling insults without at least coming this far. But then, why sling insults anyhow? At least us Element drivers aren’t driving the EXACT car you drive, huh? At least Honda decided to make something that was DIFFERENT, and my hat is off to them!

Last edited by LEGO MY E; 07-23-2004 at 10:29 PM.
LEGO MY E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:14 PM   #42
MITSU-EVO
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MITSU-EVO

My picks for ugliest things on wheels would be VW New Beetle, Saturn Vue, Audi A2, Ponitac Aztek, BMW 5-series(E60), BMW Z4, Honda Element, Scion, Cadillac Escalade EXT, Chevy Avalanche and obviously Porsche Cayenne

P.S. The cars are not listed in an order.

I DIG EXOTICS!!!
MITSU-EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:05 PM   #43
INF3RN0666
AF Regular

BY FAR, I hate PT Cruisers (mostly the convertibles). I hate the echo hatch backs (that's just sick).

But you know, the 2004 Chrysler 300M makes up for all the ugliness I see out there. It's byfar the most appealing look at a decent price (and it can perform too).
INF3RN0666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:43 AM   #44
loydering
AF Newbie

Chrysler 300M

Abso-frikin-lutely on the 300M. Even the Mrs is interested in it. It's got a great Art-deco, retro look to it whole still holding a muscle car look.

As for ugliest car ever, my vote would have to be the GEO Metro convertible. As much as I hate to admit it, my parents baught me a new '93 Metro when I was in college. Thankfully, it wasn't the convertible. The normal hatchback was goofy looking enogh. As for a good college car to get me from Idaho to Colorado and back, it was successful in that. Great gas mileage.

loydering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 11:19 AM   #45
highteknology
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to highteknology Send a message via MSN to highteknology

by far the ugliest car. the Buick Rendevous.
http://www.truckworld.com/Sport-Util...ew/bu_ren1.jpg
highteknology is offline   Reply With Quote