Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 10:34 PM   #1
Tinmanx95
AF Newbie

Talking Building a racecar help!!!!!

Hi, ive been thinking about building a racecar and have come to a wall in my progress.... i looking to build the most rediculous rear wheel drive car...
Ive looked across all of the internet for the most outrageous looking car out there thats cheap and stupid looking.... i wanna build a race car that if any outsider wer to look at it they would think nothing of it.... i wanna build a race car when car guys see it they laugh at it..... i wanna build a racecar that when it joins a race, pulls away from you with a 2 second lead, tears out a peice of your soul, and brings it with you as you wave by....... please any suggestions on the most rediculous rear wheel drive car i can find and tune internally
Tinmanx95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Building a racecar help!!!!!

What kind of racing are you looking to do? Circuit? Autocross? Drift? Drag? It makes a big difference. Whether you need it to take on corners or not makes a big difference.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
Tinmanx95
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Building a racecar help!!!!!

if anything i would like to do circuit but it dosnt seem be any tracks around here.... if anything ill probably just end up doing pulls from 60 or stand still
the most stupidest car if you have any suggestions it has to be ridiculous
Old 09-23-2016, 08:19 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

If you're just doing straight line racing and you want to do something ridiculous you can't really go wrong with a small pickup truck/ big engine combo. I'm not just talking about a Chevy S10 with a 350 under the hood, that's actually more common than you may think. I'm thinking an old Toyota Tacoma (like back when they were really small and low to the ground) or even more ridiculous one of those old Datsun pickups. Of course with these, the engine will have to be swapped.
If you want to be able to take corners, you could try one of those hideous abominations from AMC like a pacer or a gremlin. If you could make one of those perform well on a track, definitely get some attention. You could also do a RWD conversion on an old (like early '80s) Toyota corrolla and put something big and powerful under the hood, that would be pretty ridiculous too.
Whichever way you choose to go, you're going to wind up with a big expensive project requiring a lot of customization so be ready for that... you've been warned.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:13 AM   #5
Tinmanx95
AF Newbie

the cars your showing me they really dont seem bad at all.... tbh with you bro i want the worste of the worste rear wheel drive cars if anything its the worst of the worst front wheel drives please show me
i want the most disgusting car that anyone could think of
Old 09-24-2016, 02:15 AM   #6
Tinmanx95
AF Newbie

and by any means i end up throwing a 4.3l v6 with a blower or twin turbos attached with it
Old 09-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Dave B.
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmanx95 View Post
please any suggestions on the most rediculous rear wheel drive car i can find and tune internally
This...
Easy 11 second quarters, cheap to build:
http://bangshift.com/?s=bad+seed+chevette+part+1
and
http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/b...sanity-part-2/

Dave B.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #8
SocialM
AF Newbie

I would think you need a harness for that racecar.... i bught mine at https://oemseatbelts.com, check their harness website, they have 5 and 6 points but the 4 points SFI are cheaper. The round buckle type are cool, but more expensive too.
SocialM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:25 PM   #9
Dave B.
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialM View Post
I would think you need a harness for that racecar.... i bught mine at https://oemseatbelts.com, check their harness website, they have 5 and 6 points but the 4 points SFI are cheaper. The round buckle type are cool, but more expensive too.
Every sanctioning body has its own rules concerning seatbelts and harnesses. My personal feelings are that harnesses with two belts coming over the top of the seat should NEVER be used in vehicles that don't have approved roll-cages. There are, I suppose, cases where they can be used in vehicles with only roll-bars, but I don't recommend it. The reason for this is that in a roll-over, the over-the-shoulder belts prevent the driver or passenger from being able to lean toward the center of the vehicle. Three-point belts are, without a doubt, the safest systems for use on non-caged vehicles.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:20 PM   #10
Tinmanx95
AF Newbie

well tbh with you im talking about a sleeper a car really wouldnt look at as something that could beat them something that wouldnt be able to give off that kinda power to even need racing harnesess

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General