Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
liya_leacree
AF Regular

Talking Car body painting

hello all,

I am a fresh driver, a woman drive, Well, i often get disdainful faces for my poor drive. Ok, i just want to tell out my unhapply.

Let us get in back to the point. I have a KIA K3, i want to paint my car body making it more fashion. But i have no experience on that. Can anybody give some suggestion? Like painting place, what is pattern better? Or, can you share your fashion car body with me. then i can get some ideas?

Ok, it is better that i can do it by myself, and save costs.

Thank you for your reading and thank in advance for your suggestion.

Liya
Old 09-16-2015, 04:24 AM   #2
liya_leacree
AF Regular

Wink Re: Car body painting

Anybody?
Old 09-16-2015, 08:04 PM   #3
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: Car body painting

Painting a car is a very difficult project. There have been many BOOKS written on the subject, so there’s no way to even begin to give you a good answer on a forum.

I would not advise you to try painting a complete car as your first project. Most people start with small, inexpensive objects until they learn the techniques required to prepare the surface and apply the paint.

Your best bet is to find an independent shop that specializes in non-standard paint designs. Creating a custom finish is almost always more expensive than re-painting in the original colors. To find this type of shop, you should talk to people in your area who have cars that are painted in colors and patterns that are obviously not standard. Most people who have added such touches to their cars are happy to talk about their cars.

Good luck!

SL
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
liya_leacree
AF Regular

Talking Re: Car body painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave B. View Post

Painting a car is a very difficult project. There have been many BOOKS written on the subject, so there’s no way to even begin to give you a good answer on a forum.

I would not advise you to try painting a complete car as your first project. Most people start with small, inexpensive objects until they learn the techniques required to prepare the surface and apply the paint.

Your best bet is to find an independent shop that specializes in non-standard paint designs. Creating a custom finish is almost always more expensive than re-painting in the original colors. To find this type of shop, you should talk to people in your area who have cars that are painted in colors and patterns that are obviously not standard. Most people who have added such touches to their cars are happy to talk about their cars.

Good luck!

SL
Thanks for your reply. I may think more about that, likely, which colors, pictures? Can i change my own colors based on my local law? I often see the same K3 in the way with very fashion painting, next time i will try to talk with drivers. Thank you again. Very kind.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General