Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
365DaysofMotoring
AF Regular

Wankel

On This Day (9 Oct 1988) Felix Wankel, the only twentieth-century engineer to have designed an internal-combustion engine which went into production, passed away at the age of 86 in Lindau, Germany.
Which rotary engine cars have your driven?
365DaysofMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
gearjunction
AF Newbie

Re: Wankel

No, I didn't get any chance to drive rotary engine cars. I would feel lucky to drive rotary engine cars. Lets see I am looking forward to drive rotary engine cars. I also visit rotary engine cars events in India. Thanks for this thread and posting information about Felix Wankel.
gearjunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
347 ranger
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunction View Post
No, I didn't get any chance to drive rotary engine cars. I would feel lucky to drive rotary engine cars. Lets see I am looking forward to drive rotary engine cars. I also visit rotary engine cars events in India. Thanks for this thread and posting information about Felix Wankel.
I have driven the original Mercedes and the old Mazda and the RX8 , Also had a Sacks Delmar power saw with a rotary engine! I tried a Arctic Cat snowmobile that had a Rotary engine! All the rotary engines were powerful for there size but the had problems meeting emitions and safety standards
347 ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:01 AM   #4
windryder
AF Newbie

I owned a small car Dealership and bought and sold 80+ Mazda RX-7's. 1979 - 1990 model years mostly, type I and type II. My favorite was a 1981 GSE 12A . I loved driving the RX7 Great handling and Fast! The thing to remember about the Mazda rotary was to never "lug" them! keep the rpms up. They said that the rotary didn't have a max RPM, the factory tach had a red line but many times I went beyond that! When you would over tach one a bell alarm would sound and the car would scream! Only problem I had, was having a passenger in the car really slowed the car down. Once racing a Mustang I told my Girlfriend to Jump out so I could catch the Mustang! She didn't and we finished dead even with the Stang. The Rotary Engine has 2/3rd less moving parts then a regular piston engine. I noticed a lot of People were afraid of the rotary! Some mechanics refused to work on them! Still the best pound for pound internal combustion engine ever made.....
windryder is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
http://goo.gl/yort9l
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General