Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Corsa/Barina
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
darrensailes
AF Newbie

Exclamation Corsa-b running rough and wanting to stall

I hope someone can help cos this has been going on for some time now and no one so far has been able to say whats wrong, not even the local Vauxhall dealership!!! No ones diagnostics machine will work on my car. I took my car to the dealership yesterday and they said they dont know whats wrong with it but think it might be the EGR valve and wanted £370+ to replace it. I went and bought one brand new myself and installed it yesterday but has made no difference. The problem im having is my car is wanting to stall when i slowdown/stop at junctions and roundabouts, but its not happening everytime and now and again its able to rescue itself but the car is drinking more fuel and the sparks only being a month old and done 50 ish miles are already jet black, the engine light does come on each time i start the engine, but only for a short while. I have tired cleaning the idle control valve and anything else i can get to with carbarettor cleaner, ive also tried disconnecting the plugs one by one to see if that makes any difference but to no avail. Also my engine sounds a little 'chatty' I have checked my oil level and it is well within the lines I have a corsa-B 1.4 16v X14XE. Please help!!
darrensailes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
woody2807
AF Newbie

Re: Corsa-b running rough and wanting to stall

There is a known problem with the coolant temp sensor (ECT) wiring that causes erratic idling, stalling and cold starting problems.

The wires in the ECT multiplug work loose. There is an adaptor kit available from the dealer with a new gold plated multiplug, but its probably worth giving the one you have there a clean and a wiggle to check if this is the problem.

Hope this helps

Woody
woody2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
rukaya
AF Newbie

Re: Corsa-b running rough and wanting to stall

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum. I have been having endless problems with my corsa 1.4 essentia. It is a 2011 model amd has 57 000kms on the clock. I have replaced the coil pack in a space of 8 months! Anybody else experiencing this? Can they as in the dealers do a recall of these models if customers insist?
rukaya is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
egr , idle , low , rough , stalling
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Corsa/Barina