Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
DAVE K
AF Newbie

93 Aero star power steering unit

Guess some one should post here:O.K. here seems to be the problem,put a starter on my 93 aerostar(3.0). It's been sitting for about seven months,and when I took it for a drive(love driving that)and turned the wheel it squalled like the devil and only got marginally better.I've never really had a problem with the power steering unit running low but it was dark and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet in the light of day,however the belt it good and snug.In the event the fluid is right up there can the unit go that bad just sitting?Maybe just a change of fluid?
DAVE K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
TracyLynn McCoy
AF Newbie

Re: 93 Aero star power steering unit

I am looking for helpful info on power steering problems in ford aerostar. I own a 1996 aerostar. The power steering is completely gone & every time I put PS fluid in it all drains right out onto ground in less than 10 minutes. What specific parts do I need to fix this problem. Do I need a new PS pump or a seal kit or a pump repair kit? Friends have said the problem is in seal in pump. How do I fix this? Any helpful info will be greatly appreciated, as I have not found any other info. Thanks!
TracyLynn McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar